Poll: Pass Around Forum

I’m in.

One thing though. If it’s good, it’s good. If it’s bad it’s bad. No BS reviews. Right?

Kinda like consumer report.

Definitely would be interested in doing this for the smaller goods like videos/books. Yet, I’m also curious if this will be possible for out of USA forum members.

Actually, I guess that if there’s enough Canadian participants, and if Chris wants to ship up to Canada, the Canadians can just ship to each other, and the last one ships it back to Chris.

I think this could be pretty cool…

This idea kicks ass. I am game.

Sounds like a good idea to me also. Count me in!

Yeah Chris, would it be possible to participate if you’re outside of the States…?

Stubob…
England :0(

I’m in!

I’m game.

Honest, non-objective reviews from peers in the iron game sounds great.

We would have to work out the length of time each individual item was tested before it was passed on.

I’m in. Heavy stuff and all!

Good idea!

Scott: Of course it would be unbiased reviews.

As for those outside the US, Fat Panda may have the answer to that: a Canadian only review. The only people paying the fat shipping would be me (and that’s fine) and the last reviewer who has to send it back to me.

As to the question of time, depends on the product. A book would take longer to review than, say, a video or an exercise gadget. I was thinking about each person keeping it about a week though. If four people participate in each pass round, the whole thing would take about a month and a half with shipping times, with one review appearing per week.

Thanks to all for the ideas and “what ifs”. That’s why I wanted to do this poll. After reading all the responses, I’d say that a Pass Around Forum or thread is doable.

Last question: Should this be an entire forum category unto itself? Or perhaps just a dedicated thread pinned to the top of another category? If it gets its own section of the T-forum, it would be a slow section I’d think, unless we get 3-4 pass arounds going at once, which is possible.

Last comment: I’d like to get this rolling sometime in January.

Chris ship the 2000 pound york set and power rack to me first, I promise to pass it along after I’m done with it!

Count me in…I’m always on the prowl for cool stuff for my home gym, but hate the idea of buying something that I can’t test out first.

I’d suggest that the Pass Around be its own forum…easy to find when you need it, and it won’t clog up another forum (i.e. stuck up at the top).

Count me in…if you need a chick or two.

Colin and I can drive it to each other…then I will drive it down to WVU…and pass it off to Ryan and Mike. Just kidding…shipping not a problem.

There are a few of us here in PGH, PA.

Thanks !!

I’m in and my brother (mud dog) would be in as well. Of course that’d save a little on shipping right there.

STU

This is the best idea I’ve yet to see. I’m in. I think a dedicated forum would be best, and several pass-arounds at once. Oh, one more thing, I should get first try of everything…just kiddding.

I’m in for this

I’m in there like swimwear…

I think a separate forum would be best IF there are multiple products. If not, just a thread header like “Pass It Around: %PoductName%” would be best.

wlk

count me in. I have no problem with the shipping or anything else. I would be great to have multiple people give opinions on the same product. It would cover a broader spectrum of likes and dislikes. I guess, in short, what I’m trying to say is “Great Idea”.

Heck yeh, as a tight budgetted father and heavy athletics athlete this would be a grea way to get to “try before you buy”.
I’d definitely contribute where I could.