Poll on North Korea

I know cnn.com is doing a similar thing but I want to hear from everyone on here, not just people from the US. What do you think the US and allies should do about North Korea?

1. Ignore them
  2. Give them more aid
  3. Wait for the UN to do something
  4. Take Military action
  5. Other (explain)

Personally I think we should take military action, but not like that of Iraq. Kim Jong II has done nothing but hurt his own people, using their money on nukes instead of food. I think we should toss in some Delta force troops and put a bullet in the back of his head and his leaders. The country as a whole should not suffer like they would during a war, as they don’t even support their leader. As to what they would do when those leaders are dead, I say that would be up to them and the UN. There are plenty of more sane people willing to lead their country in N.K.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
I know cnn.com is doing a similar thing but I want to hear from everyone on here, not just people from the US. What do you think the US and allies should do about North Korea?

1. Ignore them
  2. Give them more aid
  3. Wait for the UN to do something
  4. Take Military action
  5. Other (explain)

Personally I think we should take military action, but not like that of Iraq. Kim Jong II has done nothing but hurt his own people, using their money on nukes instead of food. I think we should toss in some Delta force troops and put a bullet in the back of his head and his leaders. The country as a whole should not suffer like they would during a war, as they don’t even support their leader. As to what they would do when those leaders are dead, I say that would be up to them and the UN. There are plenty of more sane people willing to lead their country in N.K.[/quote]

Put in some ‘Delta Force’ troops ? What so they get captured and tortured ?

If the leader goes, there will be other people with the same ideology. Its not like Nazi Germany where Hitler was largely unique, I’m sure.

Though North Korea is indeed a danger its always interesting in cases like that to watch the arrogance of some american fellas, “If we dont like what they do, screw them. Violating the rights of a sovereign country? Oh, of course only we are allowed to do that.”

[quote]Put in some ‘Delta Force’ troops ? What so they get captured and tortured ?

If the leader goes, there will be other people with the same ideology. Its not like Nazi Germany where Hitler was largely unique, I’m sure.[/quote]

Exactly. What if they replace this senil, old man with a serious movie fetish with a young ambitious guy?

Besides that real life isnt a bs hollywood movie, the delta force guys would be captured and killed, without a war declaration that wouldnt even be a war crime.

Haha please I can think of 200 people that are in foreign nations at the moment doing things just as dangerous that are not being tortured. In addition, 200 is not an exaggeration.
As to Kim’s thoughts I think he own country thinks he is insane. He is starving his nation to build nukes; he is highly unpopular by the common people.
Now the delta force comment was extreme if it came to that I would prefer the CIA paramilitary to do the job. However, for the sake of his country’s people I hope he is removed from power.

The CIA couldnt even assassinate Castro. How many state leaders can you think of in history who have been assassinated by foreign countrys?

Again, that missle test isnt even close a justification of violent acts against a sovereign country, anybody who thinks different is a nutcase. The horrible consequence of the fact that during the last 6 years the us government broke roughly a dozen international agreements is that other countrys take an example of that…

Btw its a lot easier to assassinate the us president than to assassinate the president of a country like North Korea, i can guarantee you that.

[quote]Ken Kaniff wrote:
The CIA couldnt even assassinate Castro. How many state leaders can you think of in history who have been assassinated by foreign countrys?
[/quote]

Agreed. The CIA has proved itself incompetent.

Blame Bush Bullshit.

[quote]
Btw its a lot easier to assassinate the us president than to assassinate the president of a country like North Korea, i can guarantee you that. [/quote]

Of course. We are a free and open country.

Agreed for the most part.

As for Castro we half-assed that one and figured we would try to let the country do their own dirty work, clearly they were too incapable of even that. Don’t forget you only ever hear about our mess-ups never our successes and you don’t hear about our screw ups very often.

As for violent acts against the country, I think that they need to be taken against the country’s leaders not the nation. That is why I would be in favor of a strategic strike not an invasion, bombings, ect. The North Koreans are starving to death so this guy can buy hookers, movies, and nukes. He cares for nothing more than power and is willing to let his people starve for it.

I agree that it would be easier to kill the President than Kim, but if you want to kill, Bush be my guest. No loss there…

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Ken Kaniff wrote:

Agreed. The CIA has proved itself incompetent.
.[/quote]

As I just mentioned you only ever hear about when we mess up, never our successes. Not to mention we are the first to be blamed for things like Iraq since no one knows what we really do, so why not just blame us? In addition, for the record we told Bush a 1,000 times there were no weapons of mass destruction. The dumbass is just too much of a wuss to take responsibility for his own actions.

Also, for those of you who like to blame us for 9/11 we warned the FBI that there was an attack coming and it’s their responsibility to take care of things inside the US. We have no jurisdiction to do anything inside the US.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
He is starving his nation to build nukes; he is highly unpopular by the common people.
[/quote]

I believe this is something we heard about this guy in the middle-east who was un-popular and starving his people, his name was… Sadam.

Ignore them. China is providing them food and assistance, let them cut him off. We don’t have many sanctions available to us, NK is the most isolated country in the world. If his people don’t like him, let them do something about it to earn their freedom, kinda like we did when we openned up a big can of whupass on the English 230 years ago. Yes, we got help from the French and others, but after we got the ball rolling.

Ignore them.

Look at past conflicts, including WW2, taking out leaders and key government, or should say ‘Governing’ for terrorist factions infrastructure is difficult. Look at the troubles hunting down the drug lords in South America or IRA leaders.

Its not as simple as getting the SAS and Delta and Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal to do some HALO into the particular area and take out the bad guys with silenced weapons and have time to blow up the bad guys Mercedes with some C4 on the way out.

In the last Gulf Conflict, they were launching artillery strikes to take key people down then sending in troops.

Trying to copy the plot of ‘Where Eagles Dare’ is pretty much difficult and impractical.

If KJI and his mates are going it’ll be through big guns on ships, cruise missles and artillery, not some secret agent guys and special ops.

[quote]Ken Kaniff wrote:
Though North Korea is indeed a danger its always interesting in cases like that to watch the arrogance of some american fellas, “If we dont like what they do, screw them. Violating the rights of a sovereign country? Oh, of course only we are allowed to do that.”

Put in some ‘Delta Force’ troops ? What so they get captured and tortured ?

If the leader goes, there will be other people with the same ideology. Its not like Nazi Germany where Hitler was largely unique, I’m sure.

Exactly. What if they replace this senil, old man with a serious movie fetish with a young ambitious guy?

Besides that real life isnt a bs hollywood movie, the delta force guys would be captured and killed, without a war declaration that wouldnt even be a war crime.
[/quote]

We never ended the Korean conflict so we would be within legal rights to go back and lay the smack down on his candy a$$

Thats how I would like to see it workout, but if they continue with their ICBM program we need to step in for our safety. Sadam was a bad choice, esp. since he posed no direct threat to us and now we are wasting troops over there. NK is posing a threat if that ICBM program gets going.

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
Look at past conflicts, including WW2, taking out leaders and key government, or should say ‘Governing’ for terrorist factions infrastructure is difficult. Look at the troubles hunting down the drug lords in South America or IRA leaders.

Its not as simple as getting the SAS and Delta and Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal to do some HALO into the particular area and take out the bad guys with silenced weapons and have time to blow up the bad guys Mercedes with some C4 on the way out.

In the last Gulf Conflict, they were launching artillery strikes to take key people down then sending in troops.

Trying to copy the plot of ‘Where Eagles Dare’ is pretty much difficult and impractical.

If KJI and his mates are going it’ll be through big guns on ships, cruise missles and artillery, not some secret agent guys and special ops. [/quote]

That’s true and I guess my point was that it should be a localized attack so that we can save the people of NK any more hard ships. I was just on a roll and through in the Delta force crap.

Blow the missles off the launch pad.

Every time we find one fueling up, destroy it.

No discussion. Just do it over and over until they understand we aren’t going to let them test these things.

[quote]doogie wrote:

No discussion. Just do it over and over until they understand we aren’t going to let them test these things.[/quote]

They wont justlet us go blowing their shit up without waging war.
We NEED to take military action before they become smarter and get their hands on better weapons.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
doogie wrote:

No discussion. Just do it over and over until they understand we aren’t going to let them test these things.

They wont justlet us go blowing their shit up without waging war.
We NEED to take military action before they become smarter and get their hands on better weapons.[/quote]

What kind of war on us do you think they can wage? They are eating grass.

Containment works. They, like all brutal Communist regimes, will fall in time. No military action will be required.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Containment works. They, like all brutal Communist regimes, will fall in time. No military action will be required.[/quote]

Intelligent, but people prefer to fantasize about waging a full scale invasion on them.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Containment works. They, like all brutal Communist regimes, will fall in time. No military action will be required.[/quote]

How do you think we will contain that nuclear warhead tipped missle when they finally get it to work?

Do you think KJ cares about what happens to his country after he’s dead? Have you read anything about the man?

[quote]doogie wrote:

No discussion. Just do it over and over until they understand we aren’t going to let them test these things.[/quote]

Life is not a Playstation game or some retarded Action flick. It’s not like you can just press a button and BAM! it’s magically gone.

The stuff in our arsenal that would be able to “Blow the missles off the launch pad” is expensive, slow and relatively easy to trick. We’d have to use a dozen of them to guarantee a shot, which would eventually cost us billions (billions we don’t have) and give them a perfect excuse to not only attack Japan or South Korea, it would makes look stupid and careless.

If we want to remain leaders, we have to be mature and always take the high road. ALWAYS. No exceptions. No excuses.

The “let’s blow stuff up” mentality is hardly leadership material.