Poll: Low Back Pain Article?

That would be great.

Yes please Doc.

I had herniated two discs after the bar slipped in my grip doing a 1 rep max deadlift. After suffering chronic sciatica only manageable through codeine I nearly got bullied into surgery.
Luckily I resisted and things eventually sorted themselves out.

Two things I would like to see covered in the article would be how to exercise (if possible) for recovery (I focussed on gentle lower ab and back exercises but was unsure if that was my best option), and secondly now that I still seem to have an inherent weakness how can I best address that (low weight/hight weight/managing volume/stretching etc…)?

Can/Should I ever do heavy deadlifts again? I love deadlifts…

cheers muchly
colt_nz

As long as it’s a back pain article with a musculoskeletal Chiropractor’s view, and not a Life College, crystal waving one.

violentvegan,

What, you doubt the power of the prism? lol

Rest assured there will be no crystals involved.

Judging by your past stuff, I didn’t think so. Just wanted to throw in some Chiro-humor.

Looking forward to the article.

This is a great idea for an article or two. Having a slight fracture in one of my lower vertebrae from highschool and just getting back into weight training after a year off I look forward to your thoughts.

Another for yes.

I did my back waterskiing and that was just so painfull. Fortunately it was just tissue damage that has seemed to heal. But ever since i’ve found that my back clicks (tendons misalligned then being realigned by rotation) and haven’t found any way of improving this.

YES PLEASE!

Dax

Very interested!!!

I’m 18 and suffer from occasional yet severe lower back pain, your help would be beyond greatly appreciated.

Yes. Very interested.

very. the more in depth the better. I would also appreciate any sort of prehab exercises that you might have. I am mainly working on geting my squat and deadlift up and would like to head any problems off at the pass.

When I was 18, I had this pesky issue with throwing out my back. Worst time of my life, hands down. There are a lot of little things I’ve picked up over the last 5 or so years that have kept me healthy and gotten my back even stronger. A concise article written by somebody in the know would be an invaluable resource. Go for it!

Yes, please do the articles. I have two ruptured disks and need all the info I can get.

I’ve never had back trouble to date, but I think it would be a great resource to add. Isn’t there a stat somewhere about most people having some type of back trouble at some point in time?

Add my name to the “yes” list.

Yes, I have suffered two prolapsed discs due to lifting and sports, and need all the information you can provide.

Yes. Desperately need informatio on training around protruding discs.

My vote goes for yes.

Never really had to deal with back pain, but I’d like to know where to turn when the sum-bitch comes callin’.

you should definitely do it.

i recently had an x-ray to check out my back since i have been suffering lower back pain for a while.

i have partial sacralization of the L-5 with the iliac bone and sacrum <on the right side, i think?> which has led to a narrowing of the disc space in L-4.

it’s congruent with degenerative disc disease.

and i’m only 22.