Poll: Austin vs. San Antonio

Continued from another thread

[quote]Anthony50 wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:
This. I’m from the San Antonio area as well. I much prefer the city of Austin. [/quote]
No.
[/quote]

Let’s vote Texans! Tell us which city you prefer and why. Hell, any city in Texas will do.

I love Austin, because my Grandmother lived there. She passed about 7 years ago, and when I think of her I think of Austin. The State Capital Building. My brother and sister graduated from UT so I spent some time up there with them. The first time I ever got trashed was on 6th Street, and threw up in my friends truck. Most made it out the window, but not all. Good Times, Good Times.

San Antonio has some really good food, but not much to do outside of the River Walk, and Sea World, and Fiesta Texas do not count. I spent a lot of time there in High School on Vacation, so I have fond memories.

I pick Austin over San Antonio.

As everything in life the answer is, “it depends.” If you are looking for a party scene with “hippies,” bars, and “culture,” Austin is your bet. If you are looking for history and food, San Antonio.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:
As everything in life the answer is, “it depends.” If you are looking for a party scene with “hippies,” bars, and “culture,” Austin is your bet. If you are looking for history and food, San Antonio.[/quote]

This nails it for me. As I’ve gotten older, I appreciate San Antonio more than I used to. Too old to hang on 6th Street nowadays.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:
As everything in life the answer is, “it depends.” If you are looking for a party scene with “hippies,” bars, and “culture,” Austin is your bet. If you are looking for history and food, San Antonio.[/quote]

That’s a rather reductionist statement. Austin is the cosmopolitan jewel of Texas IMHO. I prefer the culinary diversity of the city as well.

If I’m spending one day, San Antonio. Spending more than a day, Austin.

Fredericksburg <3

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

That’s a rather reductionist statement. Austin is the cosmopolitan jewel of Texas IMHO. I prefer the culinary diversity of the city as well.[/quote]

Excuse me for not using a thread on a bodybuilding site to post a complete and detailed comparison. Next time I will be sure to provide charts, graphs, public opinion data, economic reports, educational statistics, crime data, quotes from the treasurer of the Elk’s Lodge in each city, and a link to sociological dissertations about each city from a prestigious university.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Fredericksburg <3

[/quote]

The vineyards there are incredible. I grew up about an hour’s drive from Fredricksburg.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

That’s a rather reductionist statement. Austin is the cosmopolitan jewel of Texas IMHO. I prefer the culinary diversity of the city as well.[/quote]

Excuse me for not using a thread on a bodybuilding site to post a complete and detailed comparison. Next time I will be sure to provide charts, graphs, public opinion data, economic reports, educational statistics, crime data, quotes from the treasurer of the Elk’s Lodge in each city, and a link to sociological dissertations about each city from a prestigious university.[/quote]

I just found it amusing that you put quotations around “hippies” and “culture.” San Antonio is the “grown up city.” Give me a fucking break. You sound like my Aggie buddies.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Fredericksburg <3

[/quote]

The vineyards there are incredible. I grew up about an hour’s drive from Fredricksburg. [/quote]

Texas Hill Country = Elysium

Used to love New Braunfels when it was still a sleepy German town.

Probably San Antonio for visiting for OP

San Marcos River

[quote]Legionary wrote:
San Marcos River[/quote]

I’ve never been to both admittedly but I’m a huge San Antonio Spurs fan.

And stop sounding like a bitch Legionary. Take a chill pill bro.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Fredericksburg <3

[/quote]

The vineyards there are incredible. I grew up about an hour’s drive from Fredricksburg. [/quote]

You have wine in Texas?

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Fredericksburg <3

[/quote]

You have wine in Texas?
[/quote]

Would a state of German immigrants not?:stuck_out_tongue: My out of state friends ask me the same question. Texas wine - Wikipedia

Austin for sure. Not even close.

I love the Austin Area, not necessarily Austin. It is so damn congested now days I try to avoid it. I’m from Rio Grande Valley and San Antonio just reminds me of the Valley.

Give me the hill country anytime. It almost doesn’t matter which town or city just hills. So Austin would win.

My favorite cities: Concan, Fredricksburg, New Braunfels.