Politically Jaded In My Early 20's

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:

Becoming a cynic to the point of inaction ensures your voice goes unheard.
[/quote]

I have been interested in where this country is headed since my early 20’s and I am now 36 years old. I have given serious thought this matter, and I do not believe it can be turned around by voting. My ideas are hugely unpopular and politically incorrect, even though I strongly believe they will WORK. The fact is that there is not a single candidate who has the guts or the backing to carry them out. My ideas are not based on niceness or kicking the can down the streets for future generations to clean it up, which is what every politician is all about.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[/quote]

I have been interested in where this country is headed since my early 20’s and I am now 36 years old. I have given serious thought this matter, and I do not believe it can be turned around by voting. My ideas are hugely unpopular and politically correct, even though I strongly believe they will WORK. The fact is that there is not a single candidate who has the guts or the backing to carry them out. My ideas are not based on niceness or kicking the can down the streets for future generations to clean it up, which is what every politician is all about. [/quote]

what are your ideas

[quote]TheCB wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[/quote]

I have been interested in where this country is headed since my early 20’s and I am now 36 years old. I have given serious thought this matter, and I do not believe it can be turned around by voting. My ideas are hugely unpopular and politically correct, even though I strongly believe they will WORK. The fact is that there is not a single candidate who has the guts or the backing to carry them out. My ideas are not based on niceness or kicking the can down the streets for future generations to clean it up, which is what every politician is all about. [/quote]

what are your ideas[/quote]

I meant to say politically incorrect in my post. Politically incorrect people are an oppressed people and cab be persecuted, so being that some on here have met me in person and I have revealed my face, I must be vague. Let’s put it this way: my ideas involve great discomfort, inconvenience, and worse, but will ultimately bring about a better country to reside in, I believe.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]TheCB wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[/quote]

what are your ideas[/quote]

I meant to say politically incorrect in my post. Politically incorrect people are an oppressed people and cab be persecuted, so being that some on here have met me in person and I have revealed my face, I must be vague. Let’s put it this way: my ideas involve great discomfort, inconvenience, and worse, but will ultimately bring about a better country to reside in, I believe. [/quote]

My ideas would also infringe on some “freedom”.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Red69 wrote:

…I am coming to the position that all systems are inherently flawed…

[/quote]

Back up a step.

All of mankind is inherently flawed – the most basic concept of Judeo-Christianity. When you get that fundamental squared away in your head you can move forward. Of course, you will soon arrive at your above statement.

[/quote]

“Out of the crooked timber of humanity, no straight thing was ever made”

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
Does anyone here actually think VOTING will do anything that will stop this country from heading to the shitter?

I’ve heard it about a thousand times: “Don’t complain if you don’t vote!” Yeah, tell me what voting for a modern day politician is going to do. [/quote]

You wouldn’t be in this forum, nor this thread, if you really believed that voting was pointless.

Voting isn’t the only step toward becoming a citizen with civic virtue, but it is a necessary step.

Other, arguably more significant, steps include simply educating yourself about the topics upon which you will vote, voting with your dollars, raising awareness amongst your friends and family, and simply living your life in a virtuous manner.

But none of the above is worth anything if you don’t vote, especially informing yourself about the issues of the day. Otherwise, it’s sort of like training for something that will never happen.

Also, keep in mind that none of the shitbag politicians we have today would be possible without the help of the electorate. I think that the revelations that came out during the Watergate hearings and the subsequent Church Committee hearings turned a lot of people off to the whole system. It’s no coincidence that voter participation began to tail off quite significantly around 1975. I would argue that those who dropped out of the process simply left it in control of the type of people who would put the monsters that we have today into office.

So if you think that voting is a waste of time and are looking for someone to blame this sad state of affairs on, I would suggest looking in the mirror and at all the people who hold the same attitude as yourself.

After all, if you think your own political views are not part of the problem, then you do everyone a serious disservice by not putting them into some sort of action each election day.