Political Red Pill Thread: wtf, 'Murrica

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.–Emerson

5 Likes

I work with a guy from Sudan. He is Catholic and told me stories about how he would have to hide that in public in back home. He has seen real suffering and struggle which is why he loves this country so much. He even joined the Air Force because he felt like he owed it to the U.S.

Our downfall seems to be complacency and comfort.

4 Likes

I am 100% convinced that is true

The irony being that SJW’s are the biggest bullies of all. Disagree and they get real personal, real fast. “You aren’t moral”, “You’re a racist”, “You’re a bigot.”.
Forget arguing points, just shout people down. That’s what they do.
SJW’s are only tolerant of people they agree with. They are not tolerant of even the most tepid and polite dissent. Which in the end, proves they are stupid.

Thats a product of the mentality that if you aren’t part of “the solution” you are part of the problem.

Its one thing to consider yourself an agent of good, and leave it at that, but these modern movements don’t like to just leave it at that. They have to polarize the scenario, then burn any bridges between “sides”.

2 Likes

I have to wonder whether it’s simply inevitable for this reason. After a few generations of success the populace gets complacent and gives it all away thinking it’s not worth all that much. I can’t imagine what my grandfathers (Great Depression era and WWII veterans) would say about the whining and entitlement of today. If we keep it up China may take it all away.

2 Likes

Remember when we talked about class differences in the run up to the 2016 election? We got a lot of things right in this thread about class and perceptions of elitism.

This is a fascinating, and disturbing interview about class in America. The differences between affluent suburbs and working-class blue collar communities, and how the socioeconomic and social life of the community has shifted dramatically.

3 Likes

Do love me some Uncommon Knowledge

Dr Murray was on the Sam Harris podcast recently … very good conversation between the two.

For those of you who are text averse like I am here’s the youtube link:

1 Like

Already posted it in this thread which is a whole subject on the matter

1 Like