Political Gold

I flipped to C-Span they were showing the British House of Commons.

Holy shit, why don’t we have that type of forum in the US!!

These guys express their opinions with grunts, yells, or cheers even while a delegate is speaking! These guys actually have testosterone.

I’d love to see Dubya handle the barrage of questions like Tony Blair does. HA!

My mom and I were amazed by the stark contrast to the political debates over here; where “opinions” are synonymous with “partisan hackery”.

I strongly urge everyone to watch C-Span to see exactly what I mean.

It is great entertainment.

I actually like their style of floor debate - rather tham having some obscure first term Congressman pontificating to an empty chamber, the Brits have a lively approach.

And I wouldn’t discount Bush in such a setting. The British floor is famous for people airing their real, unsugared opinion. Bush is tortured by trying to conform to the politically correct douhblespeak we require in America.

Bush Unpluugged might put a few stuffed shirts in their place.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
I actually like their style of floor debate - rather tham having some obscure first term Congressman pontificating to an empty chamber, the Brits have a lively approach.

And I wouldn’t discount Bush in such a setting. The British floor is famous for people airing their real, unsugared opinion. Bush is tortured by trying to conform to the politically correct douhblespeak we require in America.

Bush Unpluugged might put a few stuffed shirts in their place.[/quote]

I’ll believe it when I see it. Judging by the way he handled himself in the debates, he’s more likely to embarass himself more than anything in an open forum.

Bless, Bush couldn’t even handle Democrats or Kerry supporters at his election rallies!