T Nation

Political Compass

Sorry if this has been posted often before, but have any of you done the political compass, and if so what did you get? (for anyone who wants to do it: http://www.politicalcompass.org/ )

I’m probably a bit left of most of you here:

Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.36

Economic Left/Right: -3.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

But I dont think its very accurate

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
Economic Left/Right: -3.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

But I dont think its very accurate[/quote]

Well it can work as a comparative indicator. Obviously it doesn’t take into account current issues that are decided as left/right issues.
If it asked about positions on issues like that, I think that would be interesting. (like on Israel-Palestine).

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

Did not expect the questions regarding race to be like that. Wow.

Hmmm…not sure about all that slight lefty.

Economic Left/Right: -2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79

I’m like Gandhi?

Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.03

I’m like Stalin…? I think i said too much about the Gov. regulating big business…

This is a flawed survey because it does not consider an anarchist’s perspective.

All businesses serve humanity by offering services and goods that would not exist without them. The interests are always mutual. It is in fact government that permits corporatism to happen. This allows special interests to flourish at the expense of everyone else.

[quote]
“Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment.”[/quote]

It is a mistake that government can control either of these things.

[quote]
“It is regrettable that many personal fortunes are made by people who simply manipulate money and contribute nothing to their society.”[/quote]

Indeed it is sad that many government employees get paid a hefty wage and contribute nothing to society.

[quote]
“Those with the ability to pay should have the right to higher standards of medical care.”[/quote]

There are no rights except to life, liberty, and property. It is precisely that health care is not a right that it must be paid for. Because it requires scarce resources and skilled individuals in the market place to create the necessities for health care it can never be considered a right.

Monopolies cannot be created except by protection and violent force. The predators are the government officials who allow it to happen.

I answered questions that did not apply to me as strongly disagree. There should have been an N/A option.

Economic Left/Right: 3.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92

Economic Left/Right: 7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.08

Economic Left/Right: 4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

How can one be considered a left leaning (civil rights) libertarian? Is it not a contradiction to believe in social freedom but not economic freedom?

How is social freedom achieved without economic freedom?

I think the quiz is somewhat biased towards libertarians.

Economic Left/Right: 7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.15

I’m a little scared since I am the opposite of the world’s leaders

Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

I’m like the Nelson Mandala! I must a good person…