T Nation

Politcally Incorrect Guide to Politics

I enjoyed this piece by John Stossel so I figured I’d link it.

Can’t remember which interviewee said it, but it stood out to me: “There’s nothing as permanent as a temporary government program.” Isn’t that the damn truth.

Anyways, it’s a six parter. Here’s the link to the first part.

Great link!

Edit: Really, really great link!

Edit2: Best video ever.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
<<< Can’t remember which interviewee said it, but it stood out to me: “There’s nothing as permanent as a temporary government program.” Isn’t that the damn truth. >>>[/quote]

You ain’t lyin brother.

Time after time after time after time after time we have been told some new power grab was an interim measure for our own good and they NEVER EVER get rolled back.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Sloth wrote:
<<< Can’t remember which interviewee said it, but it stood out to me: “There’s nothing as permanent as a temporary government program.” Isn’t that the damn truth. >>>

You ain’t lyin brother.

Time after time after time after time after time we have been told some new power grab was an interim measure for our own good and they NEVER EVER get rolled back.[/quote]

Yeah. And, I can’t help but believe, that with the state of the economy, Democrats poised to run the entire show, we’re going to a Newer Deal, for our own good.

Oh, and everyone should watch the bit about campaign laws. That’s just crazy, and needs to change.

Great link. Thanks.

Great video.

My wife and I watched it and really like it. I’ve read Stossel and Walter Williams’ stuff on Townhall.com for awhile. I think Williams came off as exasperated at the level of stupidity he sees around him.

Stossel has a knack for making bureaucrats look like morons.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Stossel has a knack for making bureaucrats look like morons. [/quote]

True but he doesn’t need to try that hard.

Just finished watching it.

Really good video. Thanks for the post.