Poliquin's Testosterone Protocol?

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
Not to start a bash thread but actually gain some info, what other bat shit crazy things have been said by him? Why so popular and successful, if its whack job information? I heard certain claims he has made, but if I didnt actually see some of his voodoo in person I wouldnt believe it either. [/quote]

Well, I don’t like to bring a man down so I’ll start by saying that his TRAINING info & articles are very good. He knows his shit and has gotten a lot of elite athletes to a higher level of strength & performance.
However you just gotta cringe when you read a great training article by him and then at the end of it he will recommend some crazy supplement protocol that costs a fortune and consists of supplements that have been shown in studies to increase the rate of anal hair growth in 70 year olds by .00006% etc. Basically he is big on supps that no one has ever heard of, cost an arm & a leg and do very little. He’s also big on making dramatic, misguiding claims.
So overall, just read the training articles on his site and stay away from the supplement section.

Just trying to figure out the back story but didnt he help with a lot of the supplements on this site?
Arent there similarities with what he sells and what is sold here? $400 for one bottle of nutrient part. supplements (which if I recollect, is the cost of about 2 of his major protocols).
Isnt most of his stuff natural vitamins and minerals? Would his products be so popular if they didnt work?
This is all out of curiosity. Just trying to find out where and what to put stock in cause I dont have all the information nor have I been around as long as others in this game.

if you guys read the article with his testosterone protocol, he also calls for extra supps like dim, green tea, grape seed etc… for those that get estrogen symptoms.

one of the biggest reasons why people dont get the results they are looking for is because they simply dont cover the basics first. so let me break it down for the noobs/misinformed:

1. Eat free-range/wild caught animals and organic produce

2. Confirm and/or correct HCL, food sensitivities and gut permability.

3. Confirm and/or correct levels of Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamin D3. Alot of BioSig Pracs will make the error of getting a client and instantly put them on a estrogen protocol just because their ham and quad are high. This is a mistake if a coach has not addressed the first 3 steps. The first 30 grams of protein a day go towards detoxification and the next 30 go towards the immune system. Also Vit D3 is responsible for detoxification. This is why its not uncommon for female clients to get sick on an estrogen protocol, vomitting, nausea, IBS, etc.

4. Then do the protocol based on ur biosig. On the software is shows you your biggest problem sites.

And last but not least, BioSig pracs and PICP coaches work with alot of elite athletes that can afford this service. So dont hate on them just because they are blessed and fortunate and take their health seriously. Cost is relative to your income and values. If you value a fast sports car then go buy that, but dont come back complaining cuz u think a couple of zinc chelates, that cost 6 bucks whole sale and 12 retail, is expensive!

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]overdrive570 wrote:
There is an alternate company that makes the supplements for him that are a little cheaper. Robb Wolf gives examples of some companies that make holy basil etc. According to the article there were guys that went from 110 to 1300 or 1400 in total test which is incredible.[/quote]

and what were their estrogen and SHBG figures? i would guess they were off the charts as well…

total test doesnt mean shit. FREE TEST is the only thing that matters[/quote]

thats why he has testo libre which unbinds T from the SHGB and gives u more free T. Its the last phase in the protocol.

are you a biosig practitioner MOR?

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
are you a biosig practitioner MOR?[/quote]

yes

I tried all his shit under supervision of a biosig practitioner.
Healthy paleo-like eating, basically no carb due to my ‘insulin sensitivity issues’ denoted by my subscap and suprailiac skinfolds. I busted my balls harder than ever on his german body comp program and took a million ‘key’ supplements (Zn, Mg, Vit D, Fish oil, HCL, methylator (bunch of B vitamins to help with homocysteine levels), arginine for GH, glycine/glutamine PWO, 40g BCAA whilst training, DIM and more.

Results: After many, many months, I went from a little fat with little muscle, to a little less fat with a little more muscle

I then did starting strength, ate more like a normal person and got endlessly leaner and stronger. The supplement i used was protein when I couldn’t be fucked eating a steak. Took some fish oil too actually.

Summary from an unbiased, open-minded individual on Charles’ dogma: TROLOLOLOLIQUIN

[quote]masterofrhythm wrote:
one of the biggest reasons why people dont get the results they are looking for is because they simply dont cover the basics first. so let me break it down for the noobs/misinformed:

1. Confirm and/or correct HCL, food sensitivities and gut permability.[/quote]I hope you refer your clients to certified doctors about that stuff, and not try to confirm and/or correct them yourselves.

[quote]tolismann wrote:

1. Confirm and/or correct HCL, food sensitivities and gut permability.[/quote]I hope you refer your clients to certified doctors about that stuff, and not try to confirm and/or correct them yourselves.
    [/quote]

They can and sometimes are suggested to. But HCL, FS, and leaky gut are not that hard to diagnose with the correct testing. Alot of test you just order online and perform yourself anyways since they take several hours such as the gut permablity test. Now putting someone on a metal detox protocol would probably be a different story. U can find a good functional medicine prac at ACAM.org.

[quote]Intermezzo wrote:
Healthy paleo-like eating, basically no carb due to my ‘insulin sensitivity issues’ denoted by my subscap and suprailiac skinfolds. I busted my balls harder than ever on his german body comp program and took a million ‘key’ supplements (Zn, Mg, Vit D, Fish oil, HCL, methylator (bunch of B vitamins to help with homocysteine levels), arginine for GH, glycine/glutamine PWO, 40g BCAA whilst training, DIM and more.

Results: After many, many months, I went from a little fat with little muscle, to a little less fat with a little more muscle

I then did starting strength, ate more like a normal person and got endlessly leaner and stronger. The supplement i used was protein when I couldn’t be fucked eating a steak. Took some fish oil too actually.

Summary from an unbiased, open-minded individual on Charles’ dogma: TROLOLOLOLIQUIN
[/quote]

Without any documentation(BioSig results, photos, blood test, all b4 and after) its hard to be objective with the statment you just made. For example, what qualifies as “endlessly leaner”?

What kind of job were you working? Manual labor or white collar?

Did you do steps 1 thru 3 first?

How many years has your BioSig Prac been certified?

Does his apperance match what he talks and preaches about?

Were you born heavy/not lean? Dutch Hunger Winter children for example have been shown to be more prone to common metabolic syndromes(obestiy, high blood pressure, insulin resistance). It’s an epigenetic factor. Meaning some enviormental condition overrode your DNA while you were still and embryo. You can’t fix broken/bad genes so pray for reincarnation.

I’ve had nothing but good results with Poliquins training methods and nutrition/supplement advice. You can’t even really say it’s his cuz he’s really just a vessel of everyone elses knowledge. For example he has attended seminars by Dave Tate I believe. And he’s attended ART seminars in the past, ironically with my currrent Chiro.

I gained 75 pounds of muscle and all major lifts went up atleast 200 pounds in less than 3 years. Now I work a blue-collar job and have to adjust my volume lower so gains have’nt been as good as they were before but still I continue to make steady progess.

[quote]Intermezzo wrote:

[/quote]

Without any documentation(BioSig results, photos, blood test, all b4 and after) its hard to be objective with the statment you just made. For example, what qualifies as “endlessly leaner”?

Were you born heavy/not lean? Dutch Hunger Winter children for example have been shown to be more prone to common metabolic syndromes(obestiy, high blood pressure, insulin resistance). It’s an epigenetic factor. Meaning some enviormental condition overrode your DNA while you were still and embryo. You can’t fix broken/bad genes so pray for reincarnation.

I’ve had nothing but good results with Poliquins training methods and nutrition/supplement advice. You can’t even really say it’s his cuz he’s really just a vessel of everyone elses knowledge. For example he has attended seminars by Dave Tate I believe. And he’s attended ART seminars in the past, ironically with my currrent Chiro.

I gained 75 pounds of muscle and all major lifts went up atleast 200 pounds in less than 3 years. Now I work a blue-collar job and have to adjust my volume lower so gains have’nt been as good as they were before but still I continue to make steady progess. [/quote]

I was actually thinking you might not be completely full of shit, then you pulled the ol’ ‘if this method doesn’t turn you into Superman, ur jeans iz borken srry kthxbai’.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]Intermezzo wrote:

Results: After many, many months, I went from a little fat with little muscle, to a little less fat with a little more muscle.

[/quote]

I gained 75 pounds of muscle and all major lifts went up atleast 200 pounds in less than 3 years. Now I work a blue-collar job and have to adjust my volume lower so gains have’nt been as good as they were before but still I continue to make steady progess. [/quote]

I was actually thinking you might not be completely full of shit, then you pulled the ol’ ‘if this method doesn’t turn you into Superman, ur jeans iz borken srry kthxbai’.

[/quote]

sorry man its just the truth, not every one is as fortunate as others. with intermezzo not posting any data/documentation its hard to be objective. but i honestly doubt that he would have gotten “endlessly leaner” by eating like a normal person(whats that? McDonalds?) if he was doing all the steps i mentioned above. U wont absorb any supplements if you have a small intestine that looks like swiss cheeze(leaky gut). Ill be doing several protocols over the next several months and I will document everything and show how to be objective and scientific about things. That’s why I only have 100 post in about 3 years, cuz im actually training, traveling to seminars, etc. If you wanna play the victim just stay on the forums your whole life complaining how you never got the results you wanted.