T Nation

Poliquin's Super Accumulation Program?

Has anyone tried Poliquin’s Super Accumulation program?..you know, the one that he challenged us saying that we don’t have the balls to try…the one where you “purposefully overtrain until you’re mentally depressed and your body is about to shutdown” in order that you will lose 15 lbs of muscle only to gain it all back plus some.

Well I’m thimking about trying it after I finish my current phase. I’m definitely itimidated by it, but want to test my grit. I just wondered if anyone here could tell me about their experiences with it.

Ive done it twice and the last time was about 3 weeks ago.

Personally, It was not as hard as described in the article…but I am an experienced lifter and I am very resistant to overtraining. (9 years of serious lifting)

The second time I tried, I also added some 2 a day sessions and a final workout session based on 6-12-25 drop set protocol which pushed me to an overtraining state as desired…than I enjoyed the off-week.

I love the program and it is a good plateau buster.

Hope this helps,

I did it, and while I did gain alot of strength on it, I also gained quite a bit of fat during the off week. I did it because I had a week vacation and didn’t feel like travelling because I had had 2 weeks vacation the previous month. I trained hard, ate lots, took naps on top of sleeping 8 hours at night, and it worked. Still, for someone who tend to gain fat as easily as muscle, I think a more moderate approach is better.

[quote]BCheron wrote:
I did it, and while I did gain alot of strength on it[/quote]

What does this even mean? What is a gain of ‘a lot of strength’?

Not only that, but gaining “a lot of strenght” in a couple of weeks?

That takes years.

[quote]handsomedevil wrote:
you “purposefully overtrain until you’re mentally depressed and your body is about to shutdown” in order that you will lose 15 lbs of muscle only to gain it all back plus some.
[/quote]

I did a similar program, totally lost strength and muscle…

…and that was it! lol

Why not just try eating and training for size? It’s far less stressful and doesn’t involve three steps backwards :slight_smile: