T Nation

Poliquin

Principle 5: THe number of sets is the key loading norm in controlling overtraining.

Example
Mon …225x6; 225x5; 225x4; 225x4 end
SAt …230x6; 230x3 end

I see so many problems with this ‘principle’. Firstly, if the session on monday was so intense that it could not be replicated five days later then it was probably too intense. Additionally, by reducing the volume of the second session so dramatically TUT may be reduced below that necessary to sustain present strength levels. If this ‘critical drop’ off occurs so early and so markedly I would again contend that intensity is too high.

CP states, ‘The body is very well equipped to not overtrain by intensity, it will just not lift the weight’. Research and practical experience however shows otherwise - intensity is a much more powerful variable than volume (no laboratory study has been able to ellicit a true overtraining response using high volume). If a lifter trains to maximum (read failure) even with higher repetitions, where absolute intensity is lowered, the resultant fatigue will likely detract from subsequent training sessions (in addition to later exercises or sets in the same workout).

How come your english sucks so much on the other thread, while here it is impeccable?

Looks like the now infamous Italian strength coach troll is at it again. Same one Thibaudeau has written about. Same one that has trolled just about every known coach out there. I could be wrong though.

Thibaudeau knows most of his sleazy aliases, so I’ll ask him and send him this guy’s email address. I think this is the guy who would ask the advice of the coaches, then sell the info. He could always be spotted by his bad English, saying things like “Front squats, is good for sprinting?” Sometimes he’d cut and paste questions in good English. We’ve kicked him off the forum a few times already at the request of the contributors he rips off.

I’ll check with Thib.

On the “ZMA with Tribulus” thread he claims to be 16 years old and inquires about a stack containing ZMA and Tribulus. Weird.

Ack, Chris! You coulda warned us before I spent about a year trying to formulate an answer to his question on his previous thread! :slight_smile:

Yeah Chris, that’s the guy … Paul … Paolo, gian, gianpaolo, Tony, etc.

Yes, this is the troll. Thib warned him already in other threads. Guy’s real name is Tony.

Thib wrote:

“Tony, we went over this. I told you that I would NEVER asnwer your questions again after what you did to me. Changing your login name wont change a thing.”

I believe the guy has been booted from numerous sites using numerous names. Every coach in the biz has had trouble with him. He’s like a coach-stalker.

Bye bye “PaulO”! Sorry, but with the language problem and the fact that you’re just not very smart, you’re not fit to be a proper troll.

Gee, I hope I don’t accidentally post your email address.

You know you’re bad when the other Trolls turn their backs on you. I mean even Trolls have standards.

[quote]I think this is the guy who would ask the advice of the coaches, then sell the info.[/qoute]

Brilliant, Look for Coach 747’s new e-book. Escalating Optimized Hybrid Volume Density Hypertrophy Training. Accompanying DVD due out this summer.

Geeze, you would think he could come up with a better alias.

Right now as I type this, he is making up a new account under the name Paul2.

Not the quickest of cats at the best of times…

[quote]Paul0 wrote:
Research and practical experience however shows otherwise - intensity is a much more powerful variable than volume (no laboratory study has been able to ellicit a true overtraining response using high volume).
[/quote]

This statement alone demonstrated to me that the guy didn’t know his ass from his elbow.

[quote]Soco wrote:
Geeze, you would think he could come up with a better alias.

Right now as I type this, he is making up a new account under the name Paul2.

Not the quickest of cats at the best of times…
[/quote]

ha. it seems that he has indeed out-maneuvered us and skipped the use of Paul1. tricky bastage.