Poliquin Tri-Sets

hey guys ive seen alot on Poliquin’s articles about how he recommends ti-sets for the shoulders. im wondering has anyone acually tried that with success?

If you can keep on increasing the weight, then it’s all right.
If not, well, take a guess.

I have seen his tri-set routines for several bodyparts. If you can find a way to hog three pieces of equipment and/or waste time setting shit up just to do a damn routine, then do it, as long as you make progress as CC said.

I have - and this is just MY thought - no clue why one would want to bother with this shit when their much easier ways of getting big shoulders.

When I was younger and tried to do Poliquin’s German Body Comp (why does he use the word German to describe this?) program, I had to hog 2 to 3 pieces of unrelated equipment in a commercial gym. This made training quite unenjoyable and I wasted more mental energy WORRYING about the availability of the next equipment/station DURING sets than I actually did on lifting the damn weights!!!

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I have seen his tri-set routines for several bodyparts. If you can find a way to hog three pieces of equipment and/or waste time setting shit up just to do a damn routine, then do it, as long as you make progress as CC said.

I have - and this is just MY thought - no clue why one would want to bother with this shit when their much easier ways of getting big shoulders.

When I was younger and tried to do Poliquin’s German Body Comp (why does he use the word German to describe this?) program, I had to hog 2 to 3 pieces of unrelated equipment in a commercial gym. This made training quite unenjoyable and I wasted more mental energy WORRYING about the availability of the next equipment/station DURING sets than I actually did on lifting the damn weights!!!

[/quote]

I think i acually tried that when i first started also and yes your right its a bitch to worry about the machine being taken up. Now for shoulders I could do a couple of diff excersises jsut with db so doing a tri-set might be a pain. I would only do tri-sets for stuff like lat raises I wouldnt put any overhead pressing in the tri-set