Poliquin is pissin me off

I agree with jackass. I completely understand why he would charge for his services. The other day a friend asked me for advice on training, I told him to fork over my fee, he got mad, then I explained how expensive knowledge is thousands for masters in kinesology, over 150 books, internships with Poliquin and kenn, attendanded more seminars then I can remember, trips to west side ext., ext.,Now getting ready to transfer to Penn state ( for PhD) to study under the Russian master.

Good post Lucid.

$12.5/month for special articles, audio interviews, preference in getting questions answered, and discounts on supplements.

It reminds me of what people say…someone is willing to blow hundreds on almost useless supplements but refuse to pay even a small amount to get solid advice.

I think charging for website access is ridiculous. I have spent a lot of money on Poliquins books, every single one he published, his continuing education certification he offered at one point, and occasionally when he had an article or profile in a newstand magazine I would buy that. The guy is one of the highest paid strength coaches already. I think $200 a year is ridiculous. Yeah, some people may just leech and get everything they can for free, but some people like me, who care about their training and profession actually spend money on his materials. If he is now charging for his website info, what is he giving back? He wouldn’t be this big popular strength coach if it wasn’t for all of us who read his articles from MM2K to Testosterone. There is nothing I could find on the Poliquin website I couldn’t find at WSB or elitefts. To the people that like to argue that Chuckles has spent thousands on his education and learning his trade and blah blah blah… Whatever. You don’t think Dave Tate spent thousands on his education and training? Or Jim Wendler? I have never had Dave on the phone when I called and ordered, but Jim helped me out one time and that dude was super cool on the phone. I have read posts about him sharing advice and ideas when people call elite to place an order, and I don’t think he sent them a bill for $200 because of it. Poliquin charges for everything. His internships are something like $2500 or more, I am sure his athletes pay him quite well, and I know his books sell pretty well too. I wouldn’t say the guy is hurting for $$$. I don’t think having a website with a few Q&A questions and an articles archive is asking too much for people who follow the guy. Thankfully there are people like Dave Tate, Louie, Joe Defranco and the rest who actually don’t mind giving a little back every now and then. I would be more likely to purchase their products than Chucky P’s from now on.

Joe Weider is still the Master Blaster. Poliquin is nothing.