Poliquin Certification

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this but I was wondering if anybody here had gone to the Poliquin certification seminar.

I was wondering was it worth it? do you recommend it? And also there’s seems to be to kind of certification. There is one where you can do it in 3 days and the other one in 5. The one that takes a week long are internship but I am wondering do you learn more stuff in those internship? After 3 days are you really a Poliquin certified coach?

And finally will it really help me to augment my income? Cause I could really use that…

Thanks
Neo

[quote]neoplasme wrote:
augment my income? Cause I could really use that…
[/quote]

If you are already a trainer then look into some marketing books or a college course…
Marketing is key to being a income success cuz if knowledge was what did it and not shiny packaging then a PhD would be the key to making millions not the jokers running the fortune 500 COs…

I have meet many CEOs that own there own jets and are not the sharpest tool in the shed but could convince you the sky was purple… Could tell you to go to hell and you would be eager and excited!!!

While I am sure you will learn alot from Poliquin, having this certification most likely will not open more doors job wise. I have yet to see a open professional position desiring this certification.

I think it is definitely a good certification to have but I will say this. It is very suprising to me the number of people that have not heard of T-Nation or Poliquin, CT etc… yes I know that you can be a bright person and great coach without visiting T-Nation, but I think if these people had been doing as much research as they should have, they definitely would have run into some T-Nation articles on google or something.

Point being, dont be suprised if alot of people have not even heard of Poliquin never mind his cert, because for alot of people, getting their ACSM, NASM, or CSCS is the end of the road for them in learning new information besides what they read in Muscle and Fitness.

Even people that have Exercise Science Masters degrees in my opinion dont know shit UNLESS they do research on their own and learn the new information and participate in discussions like those found here, because school doesnt really touch into that much that will help you in the field. You have to have that drive.

And in response to that guy above me talking about consulting I agree that you can make alot of money in the field with marketing but it would have to be a gimmick or something, piece of shit machine on an infomercial. Because fitness is different than business.

It doesnt matter who you know, or how rich you are, or who your father was, the only thing that is going to stop you from being a fat fuck is effort plain and simple, no one else can do it for you. And we arent talking about a blob of loose skin after a stomach staple we are talking about really and truly in shape, and that my friend, you have to work at it. And that is why America is so fucking fat and lazy, you cant buy that bitch!!

[quote]
It doesnt matter who you know, or how rich you are, or who your father was, the only thing that is going to stop you from being a fat fuck is effort plain and simple, no one else can do it for you. And we arent talking about a blob of loose skin after a stomach staple we are talking about really and truly in shape, and that my friend, you have to work at it. And that is why America is so fucking fat and lazy, you cant buy that bitch!![/quote]

haha lol! You my friend have hit the nail on the head! BAM!

[quote]kingkrs wrote:

It doesnt matter who you know, or how rich you are, or who your father was, the only thing that is going to stop you from being a fat fuck is effort plain and simple, no one else can do it for you. And we arent talking about a blob of loose skin after a stomach staple we are talking about really and truly in shape, and that my friend, you have to work at it. And that is why America is so fucking fat and lazy, you cant buy that bitch!!

haha lol! You my friend have hit the nail on the head! BAM![/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Neener! Neener! Neener!

Making fun of the fat and lazy is fun… they can’t catch you and if they could you could beat the puss out of them…

Solid

i write from italy and i’m very intrested on the picp certifications.

i’ve obtained the level 1 of cihp (nelson ayotte certification). he was the right hand of Poliquin, he’s the only one level 5 certified picp with Poliquin.

even the Ian King certifications seems intrestings.

other suggesions?

paul chek?
and what about the ncsa?some one have that certifications? i need some feedback if possible.

daniele

Biaolo Karonte,

I am a former C.H.E.K. Coach as well as a huge proponent of the Institute…key word, former.

This is not to say that the Institute has no value or contains no potential “nuggets” to aid an individual in his/her career. What I’m actually referring to is my own ideological shift to performance coaching/training and away from the prescription coaching/training.

While corrective designs are a valuable tool, I personally don’t believe that this should be the focal point of any ciriculum, certification or program.

In 2000, I believe that they began a shift that continues to this day over to a “new age” system that truly teaches the concept of ‘integration.’

They go as far as teaching that one should think only happy thoughts while performing the Tai Chi Push Zone 3 exercise, standing on a bosu ball, performing a body blade swing and a kettlebell push…doing this all next to an unpolluted body of water on your day off, in 76 degree, partly sunny weather!!!

…and for some reason, the less clothes you wear while in the gym…the more chi you cultivate.

After coming back to this site…I remembered how FUN lifting used to be when I was competing in powerlifting regardless of the repercussions to my joint health. C.H.E.K. damn near makes exercise into something as tedious as painting industrial pipe elbows (you’ll have to trust me on this one…

unless you too, have climbed through hot pipe racks to paint fucking pipe with a goddamn brush).

Oh, and speaking of chi, if you enroll or subscribe to newsletters be prepared to read that word every other fucking sentence.