T Nation

Poliquin Book Petition

With all the talk about Coach Poliquin lately, hopefully if we have enough t-men pleading for a new book Coach Poliquin will consider writing one. I don’t care if it’s the usual 50 pages, I want another peak into his massive mind or weight training, Give me something Coach P please

That would be great, but I’d rather have an updated Poliquin Principles. I heard his certification notes were pretty much that: an updated PP, so no hope to get our hands on it unless we take his certification (can any t-man/vixen confirm that?). Not that I wouldn’t do it, but my wallet says otherwise for now :slight_smile:

Something with lots of pictures. And big print…and make it scratch 'n sniff.

[quote]nolecat wrote:
Something with lots of pictures. And big print…and make it scratch 'n sniff. [/quote]

Any scent suggestions for a GYM book? Sweaty armpits, manly unwashed body perfume, frigid hag on adductor machine scent, eau de Butt-blaster thong goddess, have your pick

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
That would be great, but I’d rather have an updated Poliquin Principles. I heard his certification notes were pretty much that: an updated PP, so no hope to get our hands on it unless we take his certification (can any t-man/vixen confirm that?). Not that I wouldn’t do it, but my wallet says otherwise for now :)[/quote]

i’m cravving anything by him. Yes I heard he’s put all his time and effort into his certification and anyone can order the level one manuel (which about a page of it having appeared on T-Nation before)but 500 bucks is alittle steep. Anyone have Modern trends? I’m thinking of picking it up

That would be great, but I’d rather have an updated Poliquin Principles. I heard his certification notes were pretty much that: an updated PP, so no hope to get our hands on it unless we take his certification (can any t-man/vixen confirm that?). Not that I wouldn’t do it, but my wallet says otherwise for now :)[/quote]

Zen,

I have Poliquin’s level 1 manual, and it is a lot different from ?The Poliquin Priciples.? The level 1 manual basically gives you the parameters and guidelines on how to design proper strength training programs for athletes. ?The Poliquin Priciples was written more from a bodybuilding perspective. There is some overlap of course, but I would say that the level one manual is much more like and in dept version of ?Modern Trends? than ?PP?. If you do not want to fork over the money to get the manual (if you do not want to be certified by him I wouldn?t) just get a copy of ?Modern Trends? it is a great book.

On a side note: One of the coolest features in the level 1 manual is that he gives you some of the workouts that he put his elite level athletes through, like David Boston & Adam Nelson.

Side note #2: His CD on training is awesome as well.

Regards,
bamit

[quote]bamit wrote:
If you do not want to fork over the money to get the manual (if you do not want to be certified by him I wouldn?t) just get a copy of ?Modern Trends? it is a great book.[/quote]

Yes. Good book for various set/rep parameters for strength training.

[quote]Side note #2: His CD on training is awesome as well.

Regards,
bamit

[/quote]

CD is good, but it didn’t have much new info from his audio interview that appeared on MM back in the day. So, if you missed that audio interview, the CD is cool. I have a whole notebook filled with notes, training articles and stuff from Poliquin in addition to three of his books.

The manual would be cool since it shows how to put programs together and shows examples of his athletes. Now, if only he would release some of that to us on T-Nation. That would be cool.

bigpump23 and Bamit: thanks for the advice. Yes, I already have Modern trends, and it’s great, although I would like somethings more on the practical side.

Guess I’ll have my hearts desire, since I just bought Poliquin’s certification notes on ebay. Just to make sure, the title really is: Charles Poliquin’s Advanced Training Certification Program. Seems like a stupid question, but nowhere does it mention what level it is. Although I don’t think to many of the higher level are out yet.

I think your request will be honored rather quickly actually…

bigpump23 and Bamit: thanks for the advice. Yes, I already have Modern trends, and it’s great, although I would like somethings more on the practical side.

Guess I’ll have my hearts desire, since I just bought Poliquin’s certification notes on ebay. Just to make sure, the title really is: Charles Poliquin’s Advanced Training Certification Program. Seems like a stupid question, but nowhere does it mention what level it is. Although I don’t think to many of the higher level are out yet.
[/quote]

Nice to see you here, Coach John. Do you happen to have aficionado’s infos on an upcoming Poliquin book?

Nice to see you here, Coach John. Do you happen to have aficionado’s infos on an upcoming Poliquin book?[/quote]

Coach Poliquin, in his recent T-Nation interview, states that he will be realizing a strongman book, while I’m sure I will learn TONS of info i’d rather it be geared alittle more towards weight room strength training

[/quote]

i defaintly wouldn’t trust ebay, awhile back i saw, Winning the arms race, modern trneds and the priniciples all being sold for like 80 bucks on a pdf file, yeah right I might trust that