Poliquin Bio-signature

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
That’s f-ing awesome!! You must be stacking knowledge up! I have no idea but Ben should know. [/quote]

It would be pretty cool! Im excited at the chance, ill know if im going for sure with in a few weeks.

Would be pretty rare to be employed by two PICP level 5s

Would also certainly like to get my PICP 2 this year, and maybe a facial stretch therapy cert, ill also get my biosignature eventually.

I hear yeah. A lot has changed with all that too but the seminars/certs I have been to recently while its under new ownership has been pretty interesting and overall really good. I was there when Woodske gave his last talk, which is cool and sad because that guy is extremely smart when it comes to a whole lot of things. Id like to go to a few more, including getting my Bio Level 2. LaValle is fucking amazing to listen to. SOOO much information its insane.

But now the protocols have changed, everything is a lot simpler and cheaper, so all in all everything is improving. I don’t care, I still miss Charles. His site is alright but I would definitely want to hang around some of his knowledge a lot more.

I will almost certainly be going to Connecticut to work with Ben Prentiss for 3 months. While im there I will also very likely get my Bio-sig level 1 and 2 in Rhode Island.

Very excited.

Haven’t had skin-folds for a while. so I got Andre to do them this morning.

Not very good, since my last one, I have gained 3 lbs and lost 1lb of lean mass.

Most are the same, but Supra, sub-scap, and ham are WAY up

Im not super surprised due to the stress i have been under and since i have been way more relaxed on my nutrition. Andre gave me a diet plan, and Im training hard again.

Right now im 199 and 13.3

Hope to be around 10% by the time I leave for Connecticut

Definitely take Bio -2 – LaValle is incredible. Mindblowing resource.

Il be at Bio-1 in May just for the heck of it (I’m in NYC so its close). Luke is doing a good job so far.

Also, I had lunch with Derek Woodske just this week. He’s doing really well, and he is, without a doubt, the most underrated strength coach in the field.

I honestly can’t think of anyone better than him. Guy got Pakulski up to 290 at sub-10% body fat.

[quote]Bryan Krahn wrote:
Definitely take Bio -2 – LaValle is incredible. Mindblowing resource.

Il be at Bio-1 in May just for the heck of it (I’m in NYC so its close). Luke is doing a good job so far.

Also, I had lunch with Derek Woodske just this week. He’s doing really well, and he is, without a doubt, the most underrated strength coach in the field.

I honestly can’t think of anyone better than him. Guy got Pakulski up to 290 at sub-10% body fat. [/quote]

Thats the same one im planning on going to. So ill likely see you there

online client benching his old 1rm for a double, with a pause after 5 weeks.

online client.

1rm from 5 weeks ago was 195!

I just put in a shower filter, gonna see how if this helps.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I just put in a shower filter, gonna see how if this helps.[/quote]

what brand did you go with?

has anyone here done, or talked to someone who has done the Bio-Print with Charles?

Just signed up for Charles’ BioPrint course in Montreal. October 9th-11th

Not sure if you guys are too biased but I came across an article by Menno Henselman that basically ripped the whole BioSignature stuff a new asshole. Google it.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
Not sure if you guys are too biased but I came across an article by Menno Henselman that basically ripped the whole BioSignature stuff a new asshole. Google it.[/quote

I have seen it before. and i certainly agree with several of the points.

However I still feel the bio-signature and/or bio-print have some merit.

Nearly every time someone starts eating less carbs, there “carb sites” go down relative to everything else.

Nearly every time you give some one fiber and DIM etc… the “estrogen sites” go down relative to everything else.

Personally i dont really care if the sites actually relate to hormones, as long as the strategies actually work for reducing fat in a site.

[quote]tork94 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I just put in a shower filter, gonna see how if this helps.[/quote]

what brand did you go with?[/quote]

Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mount 10,000 Gallon Capacity Filtered Showerhead.

No more chlorine smell anymore, my skin and hair feel better.

got my calipers today!

Cant wait until I have taken Bio-Print and have practiced enough to feel confident actually using them on clients/athletes.

hey guys,

Since ill be driving across the northern states and spending 3.5 months in connecticut. I would like to visit a few great training centers.

Ill be spending almost all of my time at Prentiss Hockey Performance, but im going to go the the Poliquin Strength Institute for a lift or 2 and I want to go to Defranco’s Training Systems as well.

Any others with in a few hours drive?

wow…that article is actual horrible. Just random science with no solid evidence, conclusions or real understanding of all but in specifics biosig…
Also, a lot of biosig has changed. its also even changed even further since Charles “left.” All of a sudden he has more info, better results and major changes. But so does LaValle. LaValle is incredibly smart and also has his changes and modifications. Ive started applying some of his stuff and it really works. WAY less supps and less $$.

If you find someone who is just going to follow biosig to a T they will get some decent results. If you find someone who took BioSig and did further, outside poliquin, research youre going to find someone who can get great results.

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
wow…that article is actual horrible. Just random science with no solid evidence, conclusions or real understanding of all but in specifics biosig…
Also, a lot of biosig has changed. its also even changed even further since Charles “left.” All of a sudden he has more info, better results and major changes. But so does LaValle. LaValle is incredibly smart and also has his changes and modifications. Ive started applying some of his stuff and it really works. WAY less supps and less $$.

If you find someone who is just going to follow biosig to a T they will get some decent results. If you find someone who took BioSig and did further, outside poliquin, research youre going to find someone who can get great results. [/quote]

Maybe. See I don’t have any stakes in this, but you realize that your response doesn’t say anything really and reads like a typical Bro-response.

Anyway, my unbiased opinion so far is that any of the variations of the BioSig stuff appears hopelessly simplistic in their explanations and strategies of how the body works.

IS: If it does it does, I unfortunately have way too much other stuff to do than try and point out the successes and flaws of that article. Biosig is subjective and not diagnostic. Blood work is damn near the most accurate for testing but then reading and creating ways to resolve the issues is really the make or break. Its also a way to track progress and chart pre/post. Like a lot of things, some people respond better to it than others, some not so much. Ive ran into a few people who got no where with their practitioner and others who got great results. Rather than lay all my eggs in one basket I spread them out.

I run biosig, request bloodwork, and fill out profiles. I wouldn’t want to rely solely on biosig, I did for a while but there are quite a few other things that need to be considered putting it mildly. The authors assessment of biosig is through what he has heard. But, if it doesn’t work, gets completely ripped a part by his amazing view of science and physiology, then why does it work?

Im trying to sign up for the May Bio L2 and the Oly Seminar after. I would be interested to do the Bio-what-ever-the-fuck-hes-calling-it-now with Charles but 2k?!?..shit better cure cancer for 2k…