Poliquin Bio-signature

is that 15 hours fasting, 9 hours eating I assume? Would MAG-10 during the fasting part be a good idea you think?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
is that 15 hours fasting, 9 hours eating I assume? Would MAG-10 during the fasting part be a good idea you think? [/quote]

no idea. i personally think its unnecessary. as long as you get enough nutrients (macro/micro) during your eating period you should not sacrifice any lean-mass besides glycogen.

Im not saying fasting is for everyone, but I personally love it.

I’m going to try it. I just got some kerrygold butter today to use for bulletproof coffee. Supposedly that’s a good way to make it through the fasting period.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I’m going to try it. I just got some kerrygold butter today to use for bulletproof coffee. Supposedly that’s a good way to make it through the fasting period. [/quote]

give it a go,

having tea or coffee does help a lot. the first day might be rough but you will probably adjust quickly.

Does anyone know if taking Finasteride (Propecia) could increase estrogen levels via pec or hamstring readings ?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Does anyone know if taking Finasteride (Propecia) could increase estrogen levels via pec or hamstring readings ?[/quote]

There are reports of gynecomastia associated with finasteride, so it seems possible.

I’m trying to figure out the best way to do intermittent fasting. I work 3-11PM Thurs-Mon. I prefer to train in the morning or early afternoon. It’d be easiest to fast while I’m working but I can’t go to bed hungry plus I don’t think I’d recover very well if I don’t get any nutrients before sleep.

But on the other hand, I can’t fit more than 1-2 meals in while I’m at work. I get a 30 min break for lunch and I have to smuggle in a snack (I work in prison) to eat while I’m inside. Any advice for me tork?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I’m trying to figure out the best way to do intermittent fasting. I work 3-11PM Thurs-Mon. I prefer to train in the morning or early afternoon. It’d be easiest to fast while I’m working but I can’t go to bed hungry plus I don’t think I’d recover very well if I don’t get any nutrients before sleep. But on the other hand, I can’t fit more than 1-2 meals in while I’m at work. I get a 30 min break for lunch and I have to smuggle in a snack (I work in prison) to eat while I’m inside. Any advice for me tork? [/quote]

For the last several months I have been working 3pm-10pm M-F so very similar to yourself. (although this looks to probably change for me in the near future)

So my day would look something like this…

Wake up around 8-9am
Training session from 10:30ish-12ish
Breakfast with a Shake right after workout (ie, 12ish)
Go home and start cooking food/pack “lunch” and “dinner” for later
Eat HUGE 1st solid meal at home from 1:30-2pm
Leave for work @ 2:30pm
have “lunch” break from 5:30-6
have “Dinner” break from 8:30-9
Finish work @ 10ish
Go home and hit the hay @ 11:30ish

[quote]tork94 wrote:

Wake up around 8-9am
Finish work @ 10ish
Go home and hit the hay @ 11:30ish[/quote]What’s your pre-WO ‘protocol’? Just coffee?

[quote]tolismann wrote:

[quote]tork94 wrote:

Wake up around 8-9am
Finish work @ 10ish
Go home and hit the hay @ 11:30ish[/quote]What’s your pre-WO ‘protocol’? Just coffee?
[/quote]

Usually green tea or coffee (depending on how im feeling)

Drink BCAAs during

perfect. I am going to try that schedule. Thanks man!

[quote]StevenF wrote:
perfect. I am going to try that schedule. Thanks man! [/quote]

good luck, depending on your current insulin sensitivity your first few workouts might go poorly (i felt nauseous near the end of my first few sessions), but you will likely adapt quickly.

good luck, keep us posted :slight_smile:

Got a question about coffee and estrogen (in men).

The literature seems mixed on whether coffee either raises or lowers estrogen.

Thoughts ?

I decided to google coffee and estrogen in men. Here is someone’s argument to not drink coffee: " 1. Coffee contains caffeine which in high quantities can be addicting (creating a stronghold). (Dews, Rogers) Many people end up daily coffee drinkers just to avoid or cure the withdrawal symptoms if they do not have their daily coffee. The Bible encourages us not to rely upon ANYTHING other than God"

http://www.blpublications.com/html/body_coffee.html

people are fucking insane. I love it though.

I don’t see how coffee is a bad thing, so long as it’s not smothered in cream, sugar, syrups, and all that shit you see at Starbucks.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I don’t see how coffee is a bad thing, so long as it’s not smothered in cream, sugar, syrups, and all that shit you see at Starbucks.

[/quote]

Nice energy/metabolism stimulus with caffeine and antioxidants to protect from free radicals. Coffee is great in moderation. Like you said, as long as it’s not a milkshake with coffee in it.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
The Bible encourages us not to rely upon ANYTHING other than God"
[/quote]

Fuck the bible! Its ironic you have that T Jefferson quote on your page and SEEMINGLY support religion, citing this religious source. Get it together brother

[quote]VlocoG wrote:

[quote]StevenF wrote:
The Bible encourages us not to rely upon ANYTHING other than God"
[/quote]

Fuck the bible! Its ironic you have that T Jefferson quote on your page and SEEMINGLY support religion, citing this religious source. Get it together brother
[/quote]

huh? I think you need to read everything instead of just little snippets there guy. lol.

I think something would probably have to do with what is added into someones coffee (i havent seen the studies) but things like what kind of dairy products and sugar etc.

I also think that what kind of coffee you get could have an impact. I know Poliquin preaches a lot about organic vs non and that coffee is one of the highest sprayed crops…so if you remember that whole round-up thing that went no where…one could assume that what ever they spray coffee with is causing estorgenic issues. I go organic as much impossible.

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
I think something would probably have to do with what is added into someones coffee (i havent seen the studies) but things like what kind of dairy products and sugar etc.

I also think that what kind of coffee you get could have an impact. I know Poliquin preaches a lot about organic vs non and that coffee is one of the highest sprayed crops…so if you remember that whole round-up thing that went no where…one could assume that what ever they spray coffee with is causing estorgenic issues. I go organic as much impossible. [/quote]

definitely. I also don’t drink tap water because of the added chemicals. So many chemicals in our daily lives no wonder people have low T.