Poliquin Bio-signature

Posting so I can keep tabs on this. Interesting stuff.

im meeting my practitioner tomorrow to pic up the zinc, magnesium and HCL, ill also ask him about scrapping the casien pre-bed shake because I think poliquin argues that food before bed blunts GH release

Hey guys, still dont have much to report. Right now im having almost ZERO carbs for the entire day, including pre and post workout simply because my insulin sights are so bad. I picked up my supplements and my calculations with the new supplements and with removing my udos oil, old ZMA supplement, post workout carbs and casien protein from my bill, ill be spending about $1.75/day more then I was spending before. This works out perfectly as once school ends ill be making at least $60 bucks more per/week then I am right now.

My Workout window basically looks like this…

Pre workout: Solid Protein+Fat+veggies meal

about half way through my training session: 25g of BCAA powder in water.

Post workout shake: 50g whey, 20g glutamine, 2 Ubermag capsules (magnesium), 5g creatine and 1g Glycine (supposed to slowly increase by 1g every 3 days until im at 10g).

Post work: Protein+Fat+veggies meal

(had a Training session today which was very light, but did have quite a bit of volume and I felt fine and did not miss the lack of carbs. We will see if that lasts when I increase the intensity latter this week)

The high glutimine and glycine are supposed to have a similar effect on recovery as PWO carbs, just with out the carbs.

Other then that ill be taking uberzinc and ubermag throughout the day as well as the HCL supplement with my 4 largest solid meals of the day to help in digestion.

So at least im my opinion its fairly simple to follow and not as big of a money drain as I expected it to be. I will be having my next readings done in 14-16 days time and will up-date everyone then.

what kind of BCAA’s are you taking?

How long between post workout shake and post workout meal?

Thanks for the updates. Fingers crossed for your changes.

What kind of timeframe did they tell you for your insulin levels to get in check? or is it just based on skinfold?

Thanks for the frequent updates, this is cool stuff.

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
what kind of BCAA’s are you taking?

How long between post workout shake and post workout meal?

Thanks for the updates. Fingers crossed for your changes.

[/quote]

i forget the brand, but they are basically the cheapest BCAA powder i can find, I was taking them before I got the biosig and i defiantly recovered better on them so Im pretty sure their fine.

My practitioner didnt really seem to be overly specific with this, pretty much with-in 1 hour is fine.

My guess is that Tork’s nutritional program targets his love handle and perhaps subscap area (shoulder blade) with these 2 sites being influenced by poor insulin sensitivity. The glutamine and glycine will help replenish glycogen stores without raising insulin (which happens when you eat carbs.) But in this case, with insulin management being addressed, keeping insulin down is key.

Tork, your love handles should pretty much melt (in my guesstimation) quickly with this kind of program.

Please keep us updated.

just a quick up-date guys.

I slept quite well last night, not AMAZING but very good. I was also a little sore today as well even though i did not lift heavy yesterday, not sure if that’s from having Zero carbs or from a bit of extra volume or just because I competed on Saturday.

I also noticed that I was about 2lbs lighter then I normally am in the morning, but im sure that’s mostly water from not having carbs for a few days, maybe a bit from dropping my pre-bed shake and possibly from the higher then usual volume and tempo from the workout yesterday.

Overall even though I felt a bit sore today the weights did not feel any harder then usual once I got warmed up.

Hey guys.

Its been almost exactly 1 week with almost zeros carbs (some tomato juice and the small amount of carbs in veggies, nuts, BBQ sauce etc…) and besides the fact that im slightly sick with a cough and a sore throat, im feeling pretty good and my strength in the gym has been quite good considering in only 7 days from my last competition.

The work load will increase drastically starting Monday so that will be the real test as far as energy and recovery goes. My joints are feeling good and strong (maybe from the fish oil) and for the most part my mood has been very good except for today as I feel sick and a bit sleepy.

The hardest part of this diet is actually keeping the weight on, im basically drinking some sort of oil with each meal just to get some extra calories in me. When I had carbs i would be hungry a lot sooner after a meal and right now ill go 3 hours with no food and ill know I need to eat again to get the calories, but I simply just don’t feel that hungry.

Word man good to hear. How is your body comp looking? I know its a little early but still thought I would ask.

Also, I should have made my question more clear, how long between your post workout shake and your next meal?
You said an hour but that seems pretty back to back. Reason I ask is because I workout and then have a 30min drive home so I was thinking of adding a shake post wod and then eating when I get home but 30 mins between shake and meal seems a little tight. For fat loss purposes I pretty much wait until I get home to eat tho.
Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming.

Word man good to hear. How is your body comp looking? I know its a little early but still thought I would ask.

Also, I should have made my question more clear, how long between your post workout shake and your next meal?
You said an hour but that seems pretty back to back. Reason I ask is because I workout and then have a 30min drive home so I was thinking of adding a shake post wod and then eating when I get home but 30 mins between shake and meal seems a little tight. For fat loss purposes I pretty much wait until I get home to eat tho.
Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming. [/quote]

ya my practitioner said that the timing between the PWO shake to the first solid meal wasnt a huge deal, with out the carbs i notice that i dont feel like eating any solid food all that soon after my shake so 1 hour seems about right for me to actually feel like i can eat anything.

as far as body comp, its only been 6 days, but my legs look a bit more defined and my stomach and love-handle areas maybe look a bit “tighter”, but once again its only been 6 days so its hard to say if the slight difference in appearance/feel is from the bio-sig or just placebo or loss of water or what.

Im excited to see the results from my second measurements which ill do in another 10 days

Interesting reaction to my PWO shake yesterday. It was my first one with 4g of glycine and about 30 mins after the shake i got quite nauseous and thought i would throw up, grabbed a bucket just in case, i was able to hold it down but it was a bit stressful to say the least. Today was much better, 4g again and although there was some nausea it was much less severe.

My joints are feeling great, esp my knees which sometimes give me problems, maybe this is from the fish oil (my skin is also much smoother).

My energy has continued to be very good all day and during my workouts with close to zero carbs and i have been feeling quit strong and powerful with my Olympic lifts. My mind just seems sharper, not sure to atribute that to the new diet/supps, or maybe its just because the next competition is nationals and im very motivated to do well.

The HCL seems to be working to as I have less gas and am a bit less bloated then before. On another note, i do seem pretty groggy in the morning and I believe that is from having lower cortisol then before due to the very high doses of Magnesium as my cortisol site was my 3rd worse.

There is my up-date for the week. Im getting measured and re-assessed on Wednesday, it will only be 17 days and mostly light training sense the first time, but im hoping for some good results.

A quick search on the internet and found somewhere that does it Here in England; only $482.89 and then another $188.25 for follow up assessments. Oh dear.

I wouldn’t pay that if Poliquin got on a plane and came to my house and did it him self.

[quote]Musclemorse wrote:
A quick search on the internet and found somewhere that does it Here in England; only $482.89 and then another $188.25 for follow up assessments. Oh dear.

I wouldn’t pay that if Poliquin got on a plane and came to my house and did it him self.[/quote]

good thing i didnt pay anywhere near that!

[quote]Musclemorse wrote:

I wouldn’t pay that if Poliquin got on a plane and came to my house and did it him self.[/quote]

Great first post.

Hey guys!

I had my first re-assessment today and it went great! I dont have a lot of the numbers as he needs to put them through the software and email the results to me.

The biggest change as expected was in the insulin site which started out at a MONSTROUS 40.0 and is now at 28.something after only 2 weeks! He triple checked it to make sure it was correct. its still very high, but after only 2 weeks and the fact that I weighed in at 2lbs heavier really makes me happy.

This actually makes my hamstring site (environmental estrogen’s) my new worst site, but as my budget is limited I cant currently afford the estro-cleanse supplement protocol so ill basically be keeping my supplements the same until I finish school for the semester and can put in some more hours at work. In the mean time ill be cutting out all caned foods as I was eating a a lot of tuna and the lining could be a significant source of the estrogens in my body.

The triceps site is down a bit as is my umbelical and basicly all the others, but im not sure by how much as I dont have the results right in front of me.

Im going to start the Poliquin Palieo boot-camp which doesn’t look to bad except that I need to try to get to 426g (2*bodyweight in Lbs) of protein per-day, mostly from non-shake sources. This will be by far the most protein I have ever consumed so ill see how it goes. The good news is that after this 2 weeks boot-camp I will be aloud my first cheat meal. He said to only worry about meeting the protein requirements and after that just pig out one what ever I wanted, ill be making a list for sure :wink:

Once I get the full spread-sheet sent to me ill up-date you all on the change in body-fat %age, but after today im sure its down fairly significantly while actually gaining 2 lbs.

haven’t posted for a while, but i have another measurement coming up this week as well as my first cheat meal.

Im feeling pretty good, but i defiantly am feeling flatter and have a bit less energy, although im continuing to hit my weights in training and am feeling pretty strong.

I did a bit of sprinting work last week on top of heavy lifting. Even with out the carbs, i have hit new PBs in power snatch and front squat and the rest of my lifts have also been feeling very good.

Im defiantly looking forward to my cheat meal, will probably have a shit load of pizza and some ice-cream for dessert!

Ill be getting my skin folds taken again the next day so we will see what happens. Ill also have a bit more money in a few weeks so ill likely start an estro-detox to help target the hamstring/glut site.

whats on the menu for your estro-detox? Did he say youre holding estrogen anywhere else besides ham/glute?

whats on the menu for your estro-detox? Did he say youre holding estrogen anywhere else besides ham/glute?[/quote]

I honestly dont know, but im planning on discussing it when I meet with him in a day or 2

word. take notes please. Im very interested. thanks for the updates. glad to hear its going well for ya. what are your lifts at if you dont mind me asking?