Police Forced to Strip Woman In Jail

This is messed up

http://www.wkyc.com/video/player.aspx?aid=53707&bw=

Now that is fuck up. Talk about being in a lose, lose situation. Law suit or no law suit how do you respect a cop after going through that, or for that matter seeing that. Makes that rage inside come to a boil. And yah it could happen to you!

[quote]streamline wrote:
Now that is fuck up. Talk about being in a lose, lose situation. Law suit or no law suit how do you respect a cop after going through that, or for that matter seeing that. Makes that rage inside come to a boil. And yah it could happen to you![/quote]

Dont be absurd.

The only thing I saw up front that was probably a violation of policy was there being male officers present. When you get booked into jail, you get strip searched. If you resist or make a scene, what are the guards going to do? Just let you go? I know of one case where someone had a .38 calibre revolver up their ass when being booked into jail. The reality in jails is that there are probably not enough female officers to restrain her, or they are incapable of doing so which may explain why the males are there.

Nobody sees a problem with her behavior inside the jail? I have put plenty of people in jail, and I have only seen people drunk or high on drugs act like that. The news reported this story very cleverly. If you know anything about handling the type of scene that resulted in her arrest, you would know something is missing from the story. Her lawyer saying that this is “the government enforcing their will on a private citizen” is insane. That is what law ENFORCEMENT does.

The family pictures of her and her husband are also ridiculous propaganda. Many of the out of control maniacs I have dealt with had similar pictures on their nightstand.

I dont know what happened here. Details are missing. It could be that every law enforcement officer involved, from initial arrest to booking in the jail were completely out of control. However, to make that illogical jump from that hack news story betrays an agenda.

[quote]JD430 wrote:
streamline wrote:
Now that is fuck up. Talk about being in a lose, lose situation. Law suit or no law suit how do you respect a cop after going through that, or for that matter seeing that. Makes that rage inside come to a boil. And yah it could happen to you!

Dont be absurd.

The only thing I saw up front that was probably a violation of policy was there being male officers present. When you get booked into jail, you get strip searched. If you resist or make a scene, what are the guards going to do? Just let you go? I know of one case where someone had a .38 calibre revolver up their ass when being booked into jail. The reality in jails is that there are probably not enough female officers to restrain her, or they are incapable of doing so which may explain why the males are there.

Nobody sees a problem with her behavior inside the jail? I have put plenty of people in jail, and I have only seen people drunk or high on drugs act like that. The news reported this story very cleverly. If you know anything about handling the type of scene that resulted in her arrest, you would know something is missing from the story. Her lawyer saying that this is “the government enforcing their will on a private citizen” is insane. That is what law ENFORCEMENT does.

The family pictures of her and her husband are also ridiculous propaganda. Many of the out of control maniacs I have dealt with had similar pictures on their nightstand.

I dont know what happened here. Details are missing. It could be that every law enforcement officer involved, from initial arrest to booking in the jail were completely out of control. However, to make that illogical jump from that hack news story betrays an agenda.
[/quote]

If that is the woman I am thinking of, it was she that called 9-11 because she was attacked, she accidentally gave the officer her sisters ID and tried to explain afterwards that it was a mistake.

It went downhill from there.

She was strip searched by male officers, though there were several female officers present, violating the PDs own rules, a lot of camera footage is missing, even though you can clearly see officers with cameras on the other video tapes.

Does not look good to say the least.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=82447

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Strip_search_of_woman_by_sheriffs_0202.html

[quote]JD430 wrote:

I dont know what happened here.
[/quote]

Yet you sure seem to have made up your mind already.

[quote]In a 9-1-1 call, her cousin said Steffey had been assaulted by another cousin.

When a Stark County deputy arrived, he asked for Steffey’s driver’s license. She accidentally turned over her dead sister’s license, which she said she keeps in her wallet as a memento, the lawsuit says.

The deputy refused to give the license back and told Steffey to “shut up about your dead sister,” according to her attorney.

The sheriff denied that in a written response to the lawsuit.

Eventually, Steffey was arrested and taken to the Stark County Jail. She was later charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

After her clothes were removed, she was locked in a cell. To stay warm, she wrapped herself in toilet paper. She remained in the cell for six hours.
[/quote]

JD430 wrote:

Everyone who gets arrested gets strip searched?

I would like to see the cops side of the story before I get bent out of shape about this one.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
In a 9-1-1 call, her cousin said Steffey had been assaulted by another cousin.

When a Stark County deputy arrived, he asked for Steffey’s driver’s license. She accidentally turned over her dead sister’s license, which she said she keeps in her wallet as a memento, the lawsuit says.

The deputy refused to give the license back and told Steffey to “shut up about your dead sister,” according to her attorney.

Eventually, Steffey was arrested and taken to the Stark County Jail. She was later charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

After her clothes were removed, she was locked in a cell. To stay warm, she wrapped herself in toilet paper. She remained in the cell for six hours.

JD430 wrote:
When you get booked into jail, you get strip searched

Everyone who gets arrested gets strip searched?[/quote]

Now this might rub you the wrong way but what do you make out of this development that more and more blond and blue eyed house wives, grannies and white middle class middle aged men seem to get to know the more authoritarian side of the US police forces?

[quote]JD430 wrote:
However, to make that illogical jump from that hack news story betrays an agenda. [/quote]

Got that part right! The agenda being that a corporation is sensationalizing a story to make a buck.

That said, I personally always side with the underdog, assume authority will be abused and question its legitimacy.

[quote]lixy wrote:

That said, I personally always side with the underdog, assume authority will be abused and question its legitimacy.[/quote]

That is what makes you a dumbass of the highest order.

JD430 wrote:

Yet you sure seem to have made up your mind already.[/quote]

If you read his post, it doesn’t look like he has made up his mind at all. He has simply pointed out there are two sides to the story, and gave reasons as to why the police may have acted as they did.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
lixy wrote:

That said, I personally always side with the underdog, assume authority will be abused and question its legitimacy.

That is what makes you a dumbass of the highest order. [/quote]

That is jeffersonian dumbass of the highest order for you.

[quote]orion wrote:

Now this might rub you the wrong way but what do you make out of this development that more and more blond and blue eyed house wives, grannies and white middle class middle aged men seem to get to know the more authoritarian side of the US police forces?

[/quote]

Actually, that’s interesting. I want to say that the last 4 or 5 videos I’ve seen of police using questionable to despicable methods, have involved white targets. Is white the new black? Or do we white folk happen to have more video cameras on our persons, in general. Will I start talking about “the Man,” and how he’s keeping me down? Now that they’ve moved on to white folk, seems it’s time for us to reign in the police a bit. Now this is a story all bout how my life got twisted, turned, upside down. And, I’d like to take a minute jus sit right there I’ll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-aire. In west Philidelphia born and raised,on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Chilling out, maxing, and relaxin all cool, and shootin some b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys who were up to no good started makin trouble in my neighbourhood…I got in one little fight nd my mom got scared. She said “you’re moving in with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Aire.” I whistled for a cab and when it came near the licence plate said fresh and there was dice on the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought “man forget it, go home to Bel-Aire.” I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabby, “Yo, holmes smell ya later!” looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my thrown as the Prince of Bel-Aire. And so I propose citizen-police review boards.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
…And so I propose citizen-police review boards.[/quote]

lol.

And absolutely. It should be citizens that review this stuff, not cops.

JD430 wrote:

Everyone who gets arrested gets strip searched?[/quote]

Arrested, no. When you join GP (general population) in county, yes. Sleeping it off in a holding cell in county? No.

[quote]tedro wrote:
Professor X wrote:
JD430 wrote:

If you read his post, it doesn’t look like he has made up his mind at all. He has simply pointed out there are two sides to the story, and gave reasons as to why the police may have acted as they did.[/quote]

Gee, tedro, I did manage to read his post and his information about her actions (as if she would have acted differently) implied that only drug addicts acted that way.

I haven’t made any judgments at all on this woman because I don’t know the full details.

[quote]orion wrote:
Professor X wrote:
In a 9-1-1 call, her cousin said Steffey had been assaulted by another cousin.

JD430 wrote:

Everyone who gets arrested gets strip searched?

[/quote]

Rub me the wrong way? No. Make me think you have a problem determining what constitutes a majority, how that affects society as a whole, the overall number of occurrences on a grand scale and not simply a couple of youtube videos? Yes. It even makes me wonder if you understand the insult hidden in what you wrote as if any mention of past aggressions is based on occurrences that were historically rare. However, rub me the wrong way it does not.

[quote]JD430 wrote:
streamline wrote:

Dont be absurd.

[/quote]

Uh, most people do not get strip searched in jail dude. Much less forcibly. Did you miss the part where she was the one who called for help.

tedro wrote:
Professor X wrote:
JD430 wrote:

If you read his post, it doesn’t look like he has made up his mind at all. He has simply pointed out there are two sides to the story, and gave reasons as to why the police may have acted as they did.

Gee, tedro, I did manage to read his post and his information about her actions (as if she would have acted differently) implied that only drug addicts acted that way.

I haven’t made any judgments at all on this woman because I don’t know the full details. [/quote]

Actually, he said, apparently as a law enforcement officer himself, that he had only seen people drunk or high on drugs act this way. Not necessarily an addict, just drunk or high.

Now, if an experienced officer, in every similar case he has ever been in, notes that the individual has been high or drunk, is it really that unreasonable to believe that this is a likely explanation for this particular individual?

Now I’m not saying that the person was on drugs, and neither did JD, but I certainly will not hold it against an officer for making that assumption after seeing her behavior.

Hey, here is their web site…
http://www.sheriff.co.stark.oh.us/

There is an email address on it, have at it.