Police Brutality

It’s a sign of the times were in. It only escalates for the worse. Never for the better. That’s the story with local and state police, no knock warrants, secret searches, rampant abuse of power, miss treatment and a lot of people shot and killed by the cops because they felt threatened, etc etc… The Police powers are expanding and getting more bold and abusive.

Swat teams and para military tactics against citizens, Police officers feeling superior to the people they’re supposed to serve. I noticed we have crossed the line. Officers in the last generation were more with the community and today officers are clearly more on the Government’s side and against the population. There is no more doubt who’s side they’re on. Hence the abuse of power, killings by trigger happy officers etc etc…

At the same time government is expanding and making everyone safer. 2nd amendment rights are withering away. Bad times ahead for the next generation. I predict the US will become more and more authoritarian as time goes by.

Little by little i observed Police powers increase, become better armed, more aggressive and arrogant. At the same time, little by little Citizens are being thought to be peaceful, disarmed and obedient. Little by little our population is being disarmed and made helpless while the powers that be are more and more powerful and armed to the teeth.

The funny thing is that Osama wanted to destroy our way of life and collapse our economy. The free spirited disposition of America is Over. Seems with time he is succeeding. I was born in the Eastern block under hard core communist oppression.

I see the beginning of such a system starting to take seed here. Maybe not the full blown communist style of government but the relationship of it’s officers to the populace is starting to mirror it. A shame really. Once something like this starts it never gets better.

When Russia existed, its was the beacon for America of what to NOT BE LIKE. Of what to NOT ACT LIKE, of how to NOT TREAT CITIZENS. With Russia gone, We no longer have the necessary comparetivist mentality to keep America Pure.

If anyone saw V for Victory, i must say it’s slowly coming to pass.

I recently bought the book “The End of America: A Letter Of Warning To A Young Patriot” by Naomi Wolfe which is actually about exactly what you’re saying. I haven’t read it yet but it’s about how historically governments have gone through certain steps before becoming a full blown dictatorship, and illustrates how the US has already completed some of those steps.

[quote]JLu wrote:
I recently bought the book “The End of America: A Letter Of Warning To A Young Patriot” by Naomi Wolfe which is actually about exactly what you’re saying. I haven’t read it yet but it’s about how historically governments have gone through certain steps before becoming a full blown dictatorship, and illustrates how the US has already completed some of those steps.[/quote]

This is a good theory and all but Alex Jones is a crazy kook, and he says things like this, so what you are experiencing must be all in your head. Don’t worry, I’m sure you are just imagining all this police brutality nonsense, just go back to sleep little one, the man with the badge is your friend remember.

V

Yes the friendly neighborhood officer. The nice officers that everyone knew and trusted. Boy, those days are loooong gone.

I have far more reason to fear from my fellow citizens than any cop.

You’re right. Absolutely right.

And this must have felt good to the ego maniac cop.

A classic:

Obey and shut your mouth or else

Another good one. Very called for.

I can go on all day. You’re not a patriot sir.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
You’re right. Absolutely right.

And this must have felt good to the ego maniac cop.

A classic:

Obey and shut your mouth or else

Another good one. Very called for.

I can go on all day. You’re not a patriot sir.

[/quote]

Which group of people committed the most murders, rapes, robberies, etc. in the last 10 years? Why shouldn’t I fear them, instead of the cops who statiscally pose no danger to me?

i also like how good these guys are at hitting with no fist. Which means they know they’re doing the wrong thing.

a UFC fan:

Next it could be you sloth: You could just fall and injure yourself.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Next it could be you sloth: You could just fall and injure yourself.

- YouTube [/quote]

Having lived in Atlanta for years, it wasn’t Cops who I had to look over my shoulder for. But again, if we are to identify people by groups, and their danger to common citizen, who is a woman most likely to be raped by, a young male most likely be assaulted and/or killed by, houses robbed by, etc? Surely, this would be the group to fear, no?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I have far more reason to fear from my fellow citizens than any cop.[/quote]

Honk! Honk!

Sloth.

You’re correct in what you say. But im making a case of the blatant abuse of power and the prevailing mentality of law enforcement that it’s ok to fuck someone up for not being a super sheep.

When confronted your dignity no longer exists and you MUST submit 100%, no questions or comments. Else you will be dealt with, with extreme prejudice.

It worries me that this is becoming the norm to the point of not even making people upset anymore.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Sloth.

You’re correct in what you say. But im making a case of the blatant abuse of power and the prevailing mentality of law enforcement that it’s ok to fuck someone up for not being a super sheep.

When confronted your dignity no longer exists and you MUST submit 100%, no questions or comments. Else you will be dealt with, with extreme prejudice.

It worries me that this is becoming the norm to the point of not even making people upset anymore. [/quote]

And your dignity exists when a couple of street thugs ask “what the F---- are you looking at” just because you glanced past them? And you either answer “ah, no offense man, sorry” or get your ass beat down while your other “fellow citizens” walk past, not wanting to get themselves hurt while trying to help you? There are entire blocks and neighborhoods I couldn’t even go into because of the color of my skin, and I’m supposed to fear the damn cops?

Do you have any idea what the contrast is like, me now living outside of an urban enviroment? Walking the dog at night in my Atlanta neighborhood was an exercise in remaining alert and cautious. Not because some cop might rollby, either.

If the number of abuses and mistreatment by cops is enough to engender in me a dislike for them, than I should be a misanthrope in general. And specifically, looking at violent crime stats, a flat out racist. Seems like the only consistent outlook.

But your personal experience and feelings about the topic don’t change the abuses that happen. Using a comparativist mentality like yours in this case is a weak argument imo.

In essence you’re saying cops are good to go because there are people out there worse then them.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
But your personal experience and feelings about the topic don’t change the abuses that happen. Using a comparativist mentality like yours in this case is a weak argument imo.

In essence you’re saying cops are good to go because there are people out there worse then them. [/quote]

Are you a racist?

I don’t consider myself a racist but my views can be considered racist by the mainstream agenda of how were supposed to think. You know, the everyone is the same, equal blah blah blah…

I feel every race of people is unique and has very specific strengths and advantages genetically. Conversely they have weaknesses that are balanced out by the other races as well. When they all embrace their uniqueness and actually learn to like their differences and appreciate them, only then we can have true racial unity on this planet.

Until then it’s all tongue in cheek racism and political correctness.

So in essence im not racist but i feel some races of people are better suited to certain things then others. Not better or worse just having better aptitude to shine in certain arenas, regardless of cultural influences or education. And then there are always exceptions. So nothing is set in stone.

So am i racist? you tell me.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
I don’t consider myself a racist but my views can be considered racist by the mainstream agenda of how were supposed to think. You know, the everyone is the same, equal blah blah blah…

I feel every race of people is unique and has very specific strengths and advantages genetically. Conversely they have weaknesses that are balanced out by the other races as well. When they all embrace their uniqueness and actually learn to like their differences and appreciate them, only then we can have true racial unity on this planet.

So in essence im not racist but i feel some races of people are better suited to certain things then others. Not better or worse just having better aptitude to shine in certain arenas, regardless of cultural influences or education. And then there are always exceptions. So nothing is set in stone.

So am i racist? you tell me. [/quote]

Well, I only ask because if the number of abusive police incidents is enough to raise a high level of distrust, dislike, and alarm in you regarding cops…

[quote]pat wrote:
Sloth wrote:
I have far more reason to fear from my fellow citizens than any cop.

Honk! Honk![/quote]

Thanks pat. Not that you have any choice in the matter…muhahaha!

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Gregus wrote:

So am i racist? you tell me.

Well, I only ask because if the number of abusive police incidents is enough to raise a high level of distrust, dislike, and alarm in you regarding cops…[/quote]

I see. I grew up in the Eastern Block under Communism. Im sensitive to the issue of trigger happy cops and a general attitude of the police just needing that one little bit of an excuse to go all out. It was very common under communism for the officials to not respect the sovereignty of a human being. I see the same trend starting and growing here.

For your info, SWAT style cops were the preferred choice by the communists to go after their citizens. It was an everyday thing. Kinda like it’s brewing here, little by little.

Look at it this way. During the prohibition era, cops were faced with the most ruthless criminals ever in history of this country. Full blown machine gun fights were not rare. Yet they delt with them very effectively and eventually found way to put them away. No need for para military stormtroopers. They could have had them, but chose not to. Because America meant something.

Once you get SWAT stormtroopers, it’s an escalation that will NEVER go away. Eventually in a generation, it will escalate to levels you will not like.

[quote]Gregus wrote:

I see. I grew up in the Eastern Block under Communism. Im sensitive to the issue of trigger happy cops and a general attitude of the police just needing that one little bit of an excuse to go all out. [/quote]

Ahhh, that makes sense. And, I can understand your suspicions. A reasonable person is going to develop a healthy level of distrust coming from such an enviroment.

However, I simply can’t understand the level of distrust and dislike for our police that is expressed on this board. Now, I’m not happy with the Drug War, and the confrontations between the citizenry and police it produces.

Yet, even in the presence of bad policy, there is a level of dislike that makes no sense to me. Supposedly my fellow private citizen is my comrade against the evil jack-booted police officer. Yet, my comrades are much more likely to kill or rob me than a cop. Nor, would I have faith in my fellow citizen-bus passengers to help me if some nutty asian fellow began to stab me to death, ultimately decapitating my body. Or, to help me in a pizza joint, if some big fella attacked me. Or, if I was a woman, while I was getting my head caved in on the sidewalk, in broad daylight.