Polar Bear vs African Lion

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Well lions can’t do shit solo against a wildebeast so it would have no chance against a polar bear in a fight.

The female lions are the more dangerous anyway.[/quote]

Dead wrong. the female lion is not the more dangerous. the male lion is over 100lbs heavier. Don’t confuse the fact that the female does most of the hunting and that makes them more dangerous. remember, the females hunt together. and there are always alot more females than males in the pride.

They simply have different jobs. Male tigers hunt, right? cause they live solitary lives. and the male bengal tiger is just as big if not bigger than the male lion is. [/quote]

Zil, would you eat tiger or lion burgers at a BBQ?[/quote]
I would, although I’ve heard lion doesn’t taste good because of all the meat it eats. That’s why the most delicious animals are the vegan ones.

But, enough BBQ sauce would make a shoe edible

Polar bear would destroy a lion, lions have weaker skulls and thier main weapon is thier suffocating bite.
A polar bears main weapon is its brute strength and massive paws. 1 swipe from the bear would leave the lion dead or near enough.

Male lions are bigger and stronger than females. in a pride females do the hunting as it is the males job to look afetr the cubs while they do so.
rival males will continually try to take over a pride by killing or driving off the male in charge. if this happens the new leader kills the old male’s cubs in orer to make the females come in to season and prevent him wasting time protecting another lions DNA.

Females dont want this to happen so they ensure the male gets the best choice of food and is used to keep the precious cubs safe.
being a male lion is hard work as when all 3-6 females in a pride come into season, at the same time he will mate continuously every 15 minutes for 3 days non stop.

Male lions tned to only live 2-4 years in the wild while females can live from 6-10 as they are never driven off or killed by rivals invading the pride, only males contend for the right to breed.
A full grown rhino would squish pretty much anything smaller than it, there is a reason nothing eats them (excluding man but we use guns so thats cheating)

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
Squirrel vs chipmunk - who wins?[/quote]

Chipmunks are the Honey Badgers of the rodent world.

Absolutely vicious.[/quote]

I checked out badgers on wikipedia to make sure they’re not actually rodents. Looks like your simile works. [/quote]

OMG…don’t you think he already knew that? WTF? Do you really think he needs YOUR confirmation of his knowledge? Or your e-approval? WTF? Get over yourself.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

I checked out badgers on wikipedia to make sure they’re not actually rodents. Looks like your simile works. [/quote]

OMG…don’t you think he already knew that? WTF? Do you really think he needs YOUR confirmation of his knowledge? Or your e-approval? WTF? Get over yourself.[/quote]

was what he said really that offensive?

[quote]Antonio. B wrote:
First of all, if you watched enough documentaries about wild African animals you already know that male lions are way bigger and heavier than female lions, and there is no comparison here at all… in real wildlife, when hunting for big buffalos, one male lion usually has a power of three female lions… I was surprised to see the power advantage of a male lion in comparison with a female…

OK, tiger isn’t really a competitor for lion here, not only because, to my surprise, a lion male looks noticeably bigger than a bengal tiger male, but also because long time ago I have seen a quite old 70’s wildlife doc when in one reservuar Indian bengal tiger faced African lion, and actually also to my surprise, tiger did’t even start the fight… but just slowly, with dignity, walked backwards, and then, not in a hurry, but run away… not like leopards or cheetahs do, but quite similar:)…

but OK, now that polar bear… hey man, if there were possible some neutral conditions for them to meet - not too called for a lion, and not too hot for a bear… that would be an interesting meet, because both of them - male lions, and male bears are the animals that never give up, and never run away… both have fighting style advantages over each other…

most typically in such situation, a lion would jump from the distance, this way using all the momentum of his body weight, and with all the extremely strong and sharp guns attack the enemy… a bear can’t jump like a lion, but I suspect he could use his paws and claws even more effectively, and he has thicker skin with fur for protection… but lions have stronger bite measured in atmospheres than polar bears… but you know what, if I had to put my money, I would put on lion…

I have been watching lots of doc about wild animals, reading literature… there is something more to the lion than just those statistics of measurements and so on… on paper… Male lions are created to fight and not only to hunt… that legendary aggressive lion’s look at the enemy alone is very unique and not to be underestimated… To me, lion still remains the king. Polar bear is even stronger than lion, but in my opinion lion would be better suited for this particular type of fight. [/quote]

I vehemently disagree.

All it would take is one good swipe from the bear and the lion will either bleed out or have broken bones.

The bear could easily outlast the lion, wounded or not.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

OMG…don’t you think he already knew that? WTF? Do you really think he needs YOUR confirmation of his knowledge? Or your e-approval? WTF? Get over yourself.[/quote]

Holy shit, babe.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

Holy shit, babe.

[/quote]

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

was what he said really that offensive?[/quote]

Nope.

My wife is part honey badger.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

Nope.

[/quote]

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

Nope.

[/quote]
If she was, shouldn’t she not care?

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

I think he dissed her boo which is UNACCEPTABLE !!!1!

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

I think he dissed her boo which is UNACCEPTABLE !!!1![/quote]

Seriously!

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Samir wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

Nope.

[/quote]
If she was, shouldn’t she not care?[/quote]

To be honest, she doesn’t.

On a lighter note, we’re spending the day together!!

Not to worry, i’ll keep her happy with plenty of honey.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Skinystudent wrote:

…being a male lion is hard work as when all 3-6 females in a pride come into season, at the same time he will mate continuously every 15 minutes for 3 days non stop…

[/quote]

This is nothing more than a transparent effort to get this thread moved to SAMA.
[/quote]

I was going to say this sounds like a weekend at Push’s house.

Polar Bear (white) vs AFRICAN Lion.

I see what you’re up to, HH.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I see what you’re up to, HH.[/quote]

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I see what you’re up to, HH.[/quote]

Actually, a polar bear has black skin.

Dead serious.