10s at 135-225-275-225-225
EZ Curls
12 at 70
Rev EZ Curl
3x15 at 40
Uni Preach Mach
20-19-18 at 10
Rev Cable Fly

Back a bit sensitive. I am probably going to a 3 day split next week.

Awesome Pump. My hoodie was pretty easy to put on preworkout. I needed help squeezing into it post workout. My wife was less impressed than I was. This hoodie used to fit perfect about 3 weeks ago but now that I am training for real again I have quickly started filling back out. Muscle memory is real.

2 Likes

Boobies
Very Close Grip Bench
1s at 345-375-405
3x10 at 225
Dum OHP
16 at 70s
Dum Press
16 at 70s
Cable Fly
3x12

Good workout. This is my new boobie workout. Form lacks consistency but not benching for a year that is to be expected. I messed up my grip widths as well so this could have been easier.

Normal = Pinky on rings
Close = Thumb length from the smooth
Very Close = Half Thumb length from the smooth

Training getting better but it probably wont be super consistent until after my trip to Michigan next week.

2 Likes

Funny Story. Wife and I spent a couple nights at Ballys for a mini staycation. Turns out we left behind an adult toy LOL. My wife is more embarrassed than I am. It was modest not one of those 7 foot double ended industrial strength toys. Leaving one of those would have been embarrassing, and a lot harder considering how much easier it is to see in a room check. Real question is if Ballys room service or the next guest finds it.

4 Likes

Priorities
Deads
10s at 135*-225*-275*-325-225-225
EZ Curl
30 at 30
Rev EZ Curl
20-20-23 at 30
Uni Preach Machine
3x15 w/ 10s
Rev Cable Fly

*Denotes double overhand. It will be cool to see how that progresses.

Bicep exercises got a reset on weight, so we start the climb back to the top. Deads were kind of painful probably because of 5 days of being off and also being fatter than I should be.

War Stories: Sometimes its easy
Caesars 2-5
Player A calls 5
Player B raises to 20
Player C calls 20
I am in Small Blind with Ace Jack off suit
I make it 100
A calls
B calls
C folds

Flop is JJ5 (BING POT)

I check
Player A checks
Player B goes all in for ~400
I call
Player A calls for ~200 and has King Jack

Board runs out clean and I win a huge pot.

OK, nap time then work.

4 Likes

Making the wrong move at the right time!

1 Like

Legs
Squats
Pz 1s at 225-315
3x10 at 225
Hip Thrust Machine 3x15 at 0
Belt Squat
15 at 0-50-50
Rack Pulls
15 at 45-135-135

Decent workout. I am trying to make low bar work because long term I know it will be easier on my knees and lower back but I need to lose weight so it doesnt destroy my delts, wrists and elbows. My traps are just too big compared to my rear delts…which I am also working on.

Hip Thrust was a pleasant surprise. Belt Squat was about what I expected and also enjoyable. Actually rack pulls didnt blow up my lower back either so that was probably the most awesome surprise.

I might again move to another split a 4 day split.

Squats + Dead Accessories
Bench + Accessories
Deads + Squat Accessories
Dum Press + Accessories

Then I remember I am a Body Builda now so yea, no LOL

Nap time then off to watch some football at a poker room.

2 Likes

Boobies
Bench VCG
5x5 at 275
Dum OHP 16 w/ 80s
Dum Press 17 w/ 80s

5x5 felt easy which was a surprise.

OK about to watch some basketball and eat 5 whole guys and their fries.

2 Likes

ANNNND BACK Went to Nothern Lower Penninsula Michigan (Onekama…by Traverse City) to see my Dad who I hadnt seen in 7 years. If you have seen My Cousin Vinny then you know the vibes. One funny moment was a restaurant advertising “Mexican and Spanish Cuisine” and us wondering if they knew that wasnt the same thing?

We have one last vacation next weekend and I should train through that but either way then I can finally settle down a bit and get into a rhythm.

Deads
Deadlifts
3x10 at 135
10s at 225-315
3x10 at 225
Uni Lat Down
Lat Raise

Back was feeling awesome. Not sure if it was not sleeping in a shit bed or not sitting in poker room chairs but it feels healthy.

Physique Update:

download (2)

2 Likes

LFG!!!
Squats Pauses at 405-455 “fk it” - 500
Squats Normal 3x10 at 225
Bench CG
1s at 315-365-405
Bench VCG 3x10 at 225
Rack Pull 10s to 225

Back stilling pretty good which is why I think 500 was there. Its not what it was Monday after not sitting in a poker room at all but not terrible either.

Yea super pumped. I was just hoping for a 425-440ish today but after 405 was so pain free and fast I went 455 which was a bit slower but pain free so “fk it” and 500 for a pretty clean pause single which is the most I have ever squatted with out sleeves since I 1st squatted 585 four and a half years ago which wrecked my knee and back. Good times.

Took Tuesday off because wifey got a ton of vaccines for immigration and is feeling dead. Today we planned out our fun time weekend. Life is good.

3 Likes

A#1 Top Priority
Ez Curls
28 at 50
Rev EZ Curl
12 w/50
2x20 w/40
Uni Preach
20-20-14 w/ 5
Tri Rope X
Rev Cable Fly
Wide Grip Skull Crusher
Lat Raise

Supposed to use 40 not 50 but hit some PRs today probably because I thought it was 40. No idea what I can train tomorrow. Unless Abs, calves or cardio are things? Those arent things though.

LMAO People so I have a hate for fake sugar substitutes so when a lady asked for 6 Splenda in her coffee i asked if knew that was almost the same calories as sugar? She said she was no carb and calories didnt matter i then asked where she thought the calories came from and then she went on this defensive tirade including making jokes about how she should order 12 Splenda (for the next 15 minutes) and only her and god can say what she does. Just to make sure my Shit was correct I googled Splenda carbs and like the 2nd link was what to avoid on low carb / keto diets and Splenda at the top of that list. I didnt bring it up.

This is why I dont help people unless they ask. I will let a mthr fkr die doing their med ball weighted functional back flips before saying a word and dealing with that mess.

2 Likes

TIL.

1 Like

Wife- Is this a team you are interested in?
Me -Yes
Wife- Which one the Cardinals or the Rams?
Me- Its the Chiefs and the Chargers but MAD PROPS for being able to name 2 teams with similar colors! (even in the right sport!)

Unveiled Brag my Wife is the Bestest GOATest EVER periodt.

2 Likes

And back again. Eventually things will die down (or I will) and I can get back to 6 workouts a week.

Bobbies
VCG Bench
8 at 275 (overshoot)
4x8 at 245
Dum OHP 11 at 90s
Dum Press 15 at 90s
Bar Skull Crusher

Good workout, might have knotted something up in my traps (which is why we do warm up sets before our AMRAPs).

Got new TRT so thats nice.

Im coming for that Transformation thing.

Hypothetically if I were to run something more it might look like this starting mid January…

All numbers are after esters removed. Total shows total mg per week. Total adjusted shows a minor tweak where I multiply Tren by 2 and divide mast by 2 to account for their strength in relation to test. So cycle gets bigger as it goes.

Lastly when I add in Superdrol the last 2 weeks (hypothetically) that is a filling out period / finishing touches.

2 Likes

IMMIGRATION DONE!!! OK not really, but all the paper work has been filled out, paid for and mailed in so that is a huge weight off our shoulders and our last major expense for a while. We missed the gym on Tuesday for that.

TRT so I took a TRT shot on Monday and since my body has transformed. I just lost a ton of soggy water weight. Looking back I have dropped test in a cut before (to dry out LOL) and I just became a water balloon. All sexy time issues and bacne have cleared up as well.

A#1 Priorities
Deads 3x10 at 245
Uni Lat Down 3x15 w/ 90
EZ Curl 21 w/ 60
Rev E Curl 8 w/ 60 - 2x25 w/ 40
Uni Machine Preacher Curl 3x15 w/5
Rev Cable Fly

Deads were all double overhand and the pump was real.

Oh shit wont be training again until Sunday (hangover willing). I got a giant bottle of Bulliet Rye (to share…probably) so that should be fun. But its Latino Christmas so the all the festivities on are on Eve, presents at midnight then on Xmas its leftovers and NBA.

2 Likes

What was supposed to be the start of a great week…

Monday AM
Cable Row 3x20
Uni Lat Down 3x20
Uni Chest Supported Row 3x20

I had a tweaked Trap so this was targeted at getting that loosened up and working right (it worked).

Monday PM
CG Bench
3 at 375
VCG Bench
3x10 at 245
Dum OHP
23 w/ 50s
27 w/50s

Pretty happy with that triple. If I can match 1 or 2 of my Comp Grip PRs with close grip that would be huge. 315 for 10 and / or 405 for 3 seem plausible. 365 for 7 and 420 for 2 seem like no chance.

I had a smidge of a cold starting Xmas Eve and probably due to beverage choices the next 2 days my body just let it fester and brew and by the end of my 2nd workout I was feeling it. I went to play poker anyways (bad session primarily due to luck) then came home pretty miserable all night but with some drugs and sleep I am mostly better. Still no gym or work today.

I could have the Rona too which if so I would have probably died with out the vaccine.

The Grind So this week the games seem very soft and I am aiming to play almost exclusively 5-10. It went well except that last session but we will try again Wednesday. 2022 I will be back to playing mostly 2-5 so I will really enjoy this week.

2 Likes

Gave up on training this week because I have been pretty sick and the games were so amazing I prioritized that. The tourists are still here but all the 5-10 regs vanished. For what ever reason none of the other 2-5 regs moved up.

Despite playing less than 24 hours this was my most profitable week of the year. It would have been nice to get in those 2.5 days I missed.

War Stories: Table Talk Edition

Short Version: Knowing what to say and not to say can be a huge edge in a live poker game. I started to prematurely muck my hand with a tip chip on it not to put pressure on the other player but to make it look like I was getting away with one and he wasnt so serious. This immediately made him more interested. He said “no, no wait” as he was doing the math in his head. I then said “2 times? I always run it twice if they let me”. He snap put the money in. We ran it twice and I won both. He was pretty close to folding which would have cost me $955.

Running it twice is putting out 2 complete boards or sets of community cards and dividing the total pot into 2. It makes lowers the variance but also can encourage some gamble making it less likely any body “gets hurt”.

Table is nuts I have $1065 to start the hand.
Straddle is on and the Straddler is a little tilted and drinking.
1st player calls
I have KK on the button and also just call (very unorthodox play)
Small Blind Folds
Big Blind raises to $110
Straddler (our target) folds
Player A Calls
I make it $450
Big Blind Folds
Player A and I have our conversation

Given his preflop action I think at best he had Ace Ten (~30% equity) but more likely he had something like 88 (~18% equity).

2 Likes

2022 Goals
-Pay Taxes
-Make $X
-Save 50% or more
-Stop Being Fat
-Get a Drivers License (road test Feb 19th)
-Get a Car (any Tesla is my dream car but most likely I get a $2k beater)
-New Apartment, one with a dish washer, laundry machines and that doesnt smell like cigarettes, a 2nd bedroom would be cool too
-New Computer laptop or desktop?
-Become a 5-10 reg
-STOP playing 1-3 (its like doing the same 3*5@50% because its easy)
-Body weight at 200lbs
-Bench 450 again
-Squat 3x Body Weight
-Deadlift 3x Body Weight
-Do a complete job for Tnation Transformation thing
-Dont let life muck it up.
-Start house shopping for 2023

This is more of a todo list and kind of in order of the timeline of when I expect them to happen. The Gym Rat life is kind of on the back burner but I guess thats life.

7 Likes

106.65 Kilos… And my worst form since my mid 20s (peak poker career)

Taken January 1st

20220102_004258

3 Likes

Monday: Pumpy Upper Body work to get body moving again

Tuesday: biceps used Blood Flow Restriction

Wednesday:
Deads 5 at 315
4x10 at 225
EZ Curls
3 at 80 (oopsie)
Rev EZ Curl
17 at 50

Yea still not the most inspired buuuut we are getting back…again…again…again…

War Stories: Shot Taking
A 10-20 game was running at Wynn. Not only does the 10-20 game rarely run at Wynn it should never be running on Wednesday at 11am. So I ran over there and got in the game because there had to be a reason. The whole uber ride there I was manifesting drunk millionaire(s). It was actually a sober but super stuck Software Engineer and the entire table was playing for ~20 hours straight.

There is no maximum buy in so there were a few 50k stacks and then me with 3k. The player driving the action was allegedly stuck over 100k.

I actually lost ~900 in this game (lost with Aces to the villain mentioned above) but I never felt super out matched, maybe just slightly.

The coolest thing though is once I moved back down to my normal stakes things just seem so much easier. The lesson here is push yourself. It makes you better.

(After that 10-20 game I went down to 2-5 and crushed it then when 5-10 opened I went there and when it was all said and done I had one of my best days ever.)

4 Likes