Poker, Weights and Gummi Bears

Did you nix the sativa gummies because you had the sativa vape pen? Solid reasoning.

This was my exact thought process.

I FKN LOVE LAS VEGAS Obv whats not to love about the party rock 25/8/420 life style but I love mostly how diverse it is. Not just in travelers but there are international style food stores everywhere. Philippine bakery, Asian meat mart etc.

This week has been super cool as it is Mexican Independence Day (NOT Cinco de Mayo) is this week so a lot of Mexicans have the week off and over 50% of the people ae speaking Spanish on the strip (as opposed to ~20%). That hasnt been great for work as Poker isnt super popular in Mexico but its still cool.

Work has been in and out of chaos as I try to find my niche. I have been training ~3 times a week. Full body.

Anywho, I am going to hopefully remember my password so I can update from my phone which should get me more active in here.

Until then…

War Stories: PR Hand (Most profitable hand I have ever played…not the biggest LOL)

5-10 at Caesars 2 Whales driving the action. 1 super aggro 1 super passive. They were told to post their blinds and got it backwards. I have $1235 in my stack both villains cover me.

Both whales call the $10 big blind I have As Kh in the Big Blind and raise to 100, they both call (obviously)

Flop is Ah Ks 4h

I bet 200, passive whale calls, aggro whale raises to 450 I snap ship all in for 1125 total.

Passive whale calls

Aggro whale “I dont even have a pair but fk it” and calls the rest.

Turn Qh so I figure at least one has a flush draw

River 5s

Passive whale proudly flips QT off suit (no heart) thinking that it is good and Aggro Whale reluctantly and slowly throws his hand in the muck.

My 2 pair hold up and I type Tyrone $10 as he is now my favorite dealer.

Sick hand and a dream scenario.

OK off to do work things.

1 Like

OK so I “trained” 4 times last week. Already trained once this week. Generally I train Chest or Legs and add some delts or biceps. I am trying to get it more consistent but really poker / vegas life is hard as it deals with extremes. I am realizing just how insanely important sleep is to hormones and by extension body composition.

Any who I am alive and I am still truckin as they say. If I could remember my password I would update more (from my phone).

War Stories: The Knish The Knish is an older local who has terrible etiquette. What people fail to realize about live poker is that we are in customer support more than poker, especially at the lower stakes.

2-5 at Caesars ($500 buy in)

I have 88
I open to 20
Rec player calls (who Knish recently offended)
Knish calls on the Button

flop is Ten Ten 8

I check
Rec Player bets 30
Knish calls (Alarm Bells, I know right here he has a Ten)
I call (with the fullhouse)

Turn is an Ace

I check
Rec player Checks
Knish bets 100ish
I check Raise to 275ish
Rec player calls
Knish calls

River Jack

I ship all in for about 300
Knish snap calls and tables Ten 7 suited

It was quite sweet stacking this douche. But also his play speaks volumes of how little he thinks of my skill level.

T7 is never good there. I am never bluffing this player, I didnt even love my hand on the river because JT and AT are 2 of the most likely Tx hands he has.

He thought I spiked an Ace and went for gold apparently. Any who, very sweet,

Probably skipping the gym today but I will figure out my password to update and chat more frequently.

4 Likes

I have no idea what this even means lol. I should stick to the horse racing game which has mechanical horses go around a track. I bet on the one with the name I like the best. I lost $10, but got 4 drinks. That is me winning.

1 Like

Isn’t the guy in Rounders called Knish?

How’s training?

Yes, the leathery assed life grinder. If you were going to choose a name from rounders it should be the last name you choose.

Training is getting better and better and we just joined a real gym so I am pretty excited.

1 Like

Backish
Squats
Pz 1s to 325
10-10-2 at 135
Bench Press
1s to 315
Deadlifts
2-10 at 135
Some random Back Stuff

Everything was mostly pain free. My Goal this week is to Squat and Bench every day and Deadlift 3-5 times. I think the more mobile and stable I get the more pain free this will get. Then we will see how things go.

Passed my written test, now I just need to go do my driving test.

Spoke with a different lawyer who is charging $750 instead of $7k so that just sped up the process of that and then getting a car as well.

War Stories: Revenge Edition

5-10 at Bellagio Villain has ~1300 I cover. I had recently reraised him earlier and he folded.

Villain stacked me a month or so ago and to be honest his table demeaner was borderline douchey. After today it is full on douchey.

I get AdAh in the Small Blind

He opens to 30, fish on Button calls I make it $160. He calls Button folds.

Flop is QdJd8s

This is kind of a terrible flop for my hand. It should smash both of our ranges though

I bet $210 which is a pretty large sizing due to the very scary board (more protection).

He fairly quickly goes all in for about $1100 total I fairly quickly call.

We agree to run it twice. 1st board come Kd7s and 2nd board was 8c 2c or something close to that.

He then took literally 2 minutes to muck his hand which is very poor etiquette. But he did muck meaning I won both boards.

I dont know what he had but given everything that beat me on at least one of the boards I think he got way out line, got snapped hard and then was a douche.

Running it twice is where 2 players are all in and you decide to divide up the pot into 2 pots and run the remaining cards twice and the winner of each run out wins each pot.

2 Likes

congrats.

1 Like

Boobies
Bench CG
6 at 315 (best is 10 or 11)
Dum OHP
25 at 50s
Uni Lat down Machine
Pec Dec
Dum Crushers super light (elbow shit)
Uni Preacher Curl Machine

Due to poor recovery methods (beers and walking a LOT) last night I my legs were a bit sore so skipped that. Great workout though. Bench strength is at like 60% so I can work with that.

1 Like

What happened with your bench? Injury? Surgery?

I’m guessing a 2 month may off with lots of booze and gummi bears😂

Glad to see you back at it man!

1 Like

I havent actually benched in almost a year. But the gummi bears and booze sure didnt help.

I have been dealing with some back issues since sitting in poker chairs 50+ hours a week but that has affected squats, deads and general life quality more than bench.

1 Like

S-B-odybuil-D-ing
Squats
Pz 1 at 365 (mostly pain free)
3x10 at 135
Bench
10 at 245
Deadlifts
3x10 at 135

Everything is feeling better. Deads were pain free I think I can build that pretty well.

For SBD stuff going full offseason mode which for me means minimal equipment to add later for a boost.
Squats = High Bar no Belt, havent used sleeves yet but we will see
Bench = Close grip No wrist wraps so I can hopefully rebuild some wrist strength
Deads = No belt but will probably be using straps

2 Likes

Priorities
EZ Bar Curl
24 at 40
Rev EZ Curl
3x15 at 20
Uni Preach Curl
3x20 with 5s
Lat Raises
15s
Rev Cable Fly
3x15

Good workout. Popped 50mg of Anadro…creatine preworkout. In the US now so codes. Anywho effects seemed pronounced as usually I can get 1 good pump i got like 4. I can see how that will greatly increase muscle growth.

Mkkkay, Resorts World to play and watch ATL cover 7 then off to Bellagio for hopefully 5-10.

Didnt bet ATL but I feel like that side should print money. The only thing giving me hesitations is ATL head coach is a total moron and Bellichek (sp? dgaf) is a genius.

EDIT: Dan Quinn is the moron coach but he out. Brand new coach for this game so I take back my lean on ATL.

1 Like

SB…but no D
Squats
Pz 1s at 315-365-405
3x10 at 185
Bench
1s at 315-345-365
Closer Grip Bench 3x10 at 135
Deads
2 at 135
Uni Machine Rows 3x15

I forgot the Ana…trine and pretty happy about that. Good workout mostly pain free. Unfortunately it doesnt seem I can Deadlift after Benching heavy, yet.

The smell of a Barbell has transformed my body. I thought it might be in my head but Wifey mentioned how much better I looked today.

Planet Fitness Cancelled in what is a fitness highlight for me.

Okay, potatoes chicken thighs and a shovel of seasoning. Not sure whats happening to my taste buds but I am not tasting things like I used to…

2 Likes

taste

1 Like

Biceps
Deadlift
10s at 95-145
3x10 at 195
EZ Curl
20 at 50
Rev EZ
3x15 at 30
Uni Preach Machine
20-20-20 at 7.5s RPE10-11-15

I have never started at 95lbs deadlift, ever. But what evs I will do it. Forearm pump was real AF double overhand no hook.

And if I learned 1 thing it is that my biceps respond to high reps like if less than 15 dont bother reps. In a couple months of high reps I made more bicep progress than in years. I have a ton of new veins dying to pop out and im not close to lean.

War Stories: Arrogance Level 11

Dude sat down looked around the table (mostly decent enough regs) and said this table doesnt look tough and then bought in for the minimum. No good player buys in for the minimum. Chops were being licked.

Then later in a largish pot against me he bet the river, was called then starting asking me what I have. This is pretty poor etiquette but I didnt take offense because he was an obvious noob. I did tell him that he was “called so either table your hand or muck it” which means either show or fold (and lose). This is about as polite as you can be in this situation. After he found out he had the losing hand he got angry and started saying I “didnt have to be a dick about it” etc. I tried to explain than when you bet and are called that is the procedure but he wasn’t having it. LOL fkn people.

Ok 5 guys and fries time!

2 Likes

Priorities wo1
Deads
10s at 95-185
3x10 at 235
Uni Row Machine
3x15 at 25s
EZ Curl
20 at 60
Rev EZ Curl
3x15 at 40
Uni Preach Machine
3x20 at 7.5s (same but lower RPE)
Rev Cable Fly
4x15 at lightest

Arms have actually become a strength. Partially because I have lost size everywhere but Biceps have also improved. Triceps have always been decent due to my benching usually being pretty close grip.

2 Likes

The Quest for a Bench
Squats
Pz 1 at 365-405-425
10 at 225
2x10 at 185
Bench
1 at 315
3x10 at 185
Dum OHP
23 at 60
Lateral Raises
3x15 at 10s

The bench was just total Shit so I didnt go past 315. I have 1 last bench option before I move to dumbells.

Ghostbusters Afterlife Enjoyable? Yes. 4th best Ghostbusters movie? Yes. What was so enraging about this is that I guarantee a bunch of old men were pissed they had to watch women make a better movie so this is erasing that glorious film from canon.

Ghostbusters 2016 is the best of the 4, and it isnt close. Ok maybe close with the original. Then the 2nd is in 3rd and Afterlife is 4th by default only until the next is made.

Ok off to Walmart and burger king. Havent had bk since Mexico. Edit: BK was quite disappointing.

1 Like