Podiatrist/Orthopod - Sydney

Does anyone know of a good podiatrist/orthopod/foot person in Sydney, Australia?

I am pretty much flat footed and in the gym I am noticing that my knees roll in on squats, and don’t really get the ‘grip’ on the floor on things like deads.

What experiences have people had with podiatrists/orthopods/foot people?

Every podiatrist will tell you, you need orthotics cause “man isn’t supposed to walk on concrete, we’re meant to be running around the savanah catching wilderbeast and that’s why everyone over time pronates yada yada yada that’ll be $600 bucks please”

And to a certain extent this is true but get a diagnosis first or at least start by buying a running shoe that has solid arch support and wear them whenever your in the gym. Everyone needs a solid base of support when lifting especially when training legs. The chuck taylor crowd won’t like that one…

I agree; however, my chiro suggested it as it is somewhat affecting my lower back.

The other reason I thought it be a good idea is that on holiday I was wearing the ol thongs and the ankles hurt after walking all day. Bought Birkenstocks, and it was a fucking godsend. Generally could walk better and further.

I have a pair of Asics with arch support, but none as solid as a pair of Birks. Can one buy over the counter sport insoles?

you can, but it is like buying prescription glasses from a servo. Check out - The North Sydney Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Centre. Ask for the podiatrist David Ferguson …

[quote]stockzy wrote:
you can, but it is like buying prescription glasses from a servo. Check out - The North Sydney Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Centre. Ask for the podiatrist David Ferguson …[/quote]

Fair call!

Thanks for the info.