PLing Meet Reqs?

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

It was last month in St. Thomas Ontario in the 75kg class. Since you missed it, I stepped in and took your trophy, sucker![/quote]

I’ve looked at your profile, it does not say you are a powerlifting champion! Are you trying to sneak up on people?

[quote]mrodock wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:

It was last month in St. Thomas Ontario in the 75kg class. Since you missed it, I stepped in and took your trophy, sucker!

I’ve looked at your profile, it does not say you are a powerlifting champion! Are you trying to sneak up on people?[/quote]

Yeah, I try not to advertise. Too many groupies!!!

It ain’t easy finding competitions with no …ummm competition. :slight_smile:

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
mrodock wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:

It was last month in St. Thomas Ontario in the 75kg class. Since you missed it, I stepped in and took your trophy, sucker!

I’ve looked at your profile, it does not say you are a powerlifting champion! Are you trying to sneak up on people?

It ain’t easy finding competitions with no …ummm competition. :)[/quote]

I’ve been to your log, you have a lot of groupies without advertising!

I haven’t found that function on powerlifting watch (search for competitions with no competitors in _____ weight class)

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
mrodock wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:

It ain’t easy finding competitions with no …ummm competition. :)[/quote]

Hmmm Rugger…if I recall, you didn’t actually receive a trophy. Why are you lying to all your TN friends? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Court wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
mrodock wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:

It ain’t easy finding competitions with no …ummm competition. :slight_smile:

Hmmm Rugger…if I recall, you didn’t actually receive a trophy. Why are you lying to all your TN friends? :P[/quote]

I told them not to bother, but apparently it’s in the mail.

So there! But you are technically correct, the awards were plagues, not trophies…but I’ll shine that sucker up good!!!

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

So there! But you are technically correct, the awards were plagues, not trophies…but I’ll shine that sucker up good!!!
[/quote]

You definitely don’t want a plague. Plagues suck and have been known to wipe out entire civilizations. Send it back.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:

You definitely don’t want a plague. Plagues suck and have been known to wipe out entire civilizations. Send it back.[/quote]

LOL!! (You made me choke on my almonds) Oops, maybe I’m responsible for the Swine Flu… or it was a typo.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

well…its why would you do anything if you thought you wouldnt succeed? if you dont think you can and WILL win then whats the point? just to waste time?

[/quote]

So a few years back I got a call from the WPO. There was an open spot on the Arnold Classic bench roster, and they had gotten all the way down the list to my name.

Kennelly was going to be there, Murtomaki, Yard, Wolfe, and Rodgers too. And those were just the ones I knew about.

I didn’t have a hope. Not the dreamiest Hail-Mary of a chance, and I told the man that I would be there no matter what.

I benched a PR, and placed dead last in the heavies.

I learned so much at that meet it beggars belief. The lessons themselves are not all that applicable to your situation, but that fact that there was so much to be learned is. It takes a couple of practice runs to get good at competing, and quite a few more to get comfortable with it.

Moreoever the people who came out of the woodwork to help me were fantastic. In entering a meet you are putting yourself in a room with a large number of experienced people who will jump at the chance to help you out.

Find a meet and go watch, then sign up for the next one. I know people who wait until they have national level numbers before they would compete. I had only been lifting for 6 months when I did my first one. It was a push pull and I benched 245-275 in a old single ply blast and pulled 375-385 with just a belt @ 198 or light 220. Hook up with some PL and get training with them, that will help more than anything!