T Nation

Plebe Summer

Anyone here ever done it? Other than the 8 week program they send you, any tips, hints, extras to do?

Many thanks, for any help.

No USNA grads here?

The pics, btw, are from last weekend. Beautiful place.

just keep a low profile. VMI grad here and yeah…don’t make a name for yourself, especially early on.

[quote]TKDCadet04 wrote:
just keep a low profile. VMI grad here and yeah…don’t make a name for yourself, especially early on.[/quote]

Thanks! It’s actually my son who is going. He’s pretty quiet anyway (unlike his old man).

I was impressed by the beauty of the place.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
TKDCadet04 wrote:
just keep a low profile. VMI grad here and yeah…don’t make a name for yourself, especially early on.

Thanks! It’s actually my son who is going. He’s pretty quiet anyway (unlike his old man).

[/quote]

Good for him, my son is hoping to attend also.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
TKDCadet04 wrote:

Good for him, my son is hoping to attend also.[/quote]

Best of luck, great school. When does he hope to enter?

This pic is the Visitors Center.

In the second pic above (previous post), the upper class middies grease the statue with 200 lbs of lard and the plebes have to figure out how to replace a hat put at the top. When done, they are then no longer plebes. I would LOVE to be there to watch the chaos of that! :slight_smile:

Depending on class size and height of statue, I vote man pyramid.

Headhunter,

That’s great he is attending. USNA is a fantastic school and the town of Annapolis is a great place to visit.

Here is some advice I can give him to get thru military training. It’s got me thru plenty of it.

Concentrate on the task at hand and don’t think about what comes next. If you start focusing on “how much longer” or “how many more days of this to go” you will defeat yourself. Focus on the task you are doing and don’t even think an hour ahead. Pretty soon your intensity builds and it becomes easier…then it’s done. One day at a time is simple advice but it works, especially in the military.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
tom63 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
TKDCadet04 wrote:

Good for him, my son is hoping to attend also.

Best of luck, great school. When does he hope to enter?

This pic is the Visitors Center.

In the second pic above (previous post), the upper class middies grease the statue with 200 lbs of lard and the plebes have to figure out how to replace a hat put at the top. When done, they are then no longer plebes. I would LOVE to be there to watch the chaos of that! :slight_smile:

[/quote]

He will be a sophomore the next school year. He is near the top of his class, has a clean record of course, and usually does two sports a year.

And dad loves the crab cakes down there.