Please Shoot Me... North Korea

Refrain from discussing refraining.

1 Like

Refrain from ‘discussing’.

Refrain from discussing refraining from discussing.

This is fun. It’s not as much fun as pointing out the many times you are wrong about something, but it’s fun nonetheless. It’s also a service for the forum as it keeps you from posting misinformation.

1 Like

Atta boy!

So soon?

1 Like

:kissing_heart:

That was quick.

1 Like

That’s what she said…

Yeah, this is the reason why I said you cannot be funny.

1 Like

Sad…

No, just unfunny.

1 Like

/Hijack

Sorry to everyone else.

It’s your own fault. You said there were hostages. I corrected you and said there weren’t. You took the time to look up sources which in fact did not support your assertion. You should have swallowed your pride and accepted you were wrong.

“With tears and expressions of relief, scores of American students evacuated from Grenada told yesterday of days and nights of terror on the strife-torn island and praised the Reagan Administration and United States invasion forces for bringing them safely away.”

At least you showed him being told not to talk about science or religion didn’t really really bother you :+1:

1 Like

The funny thing is, China seems more than willing to let this PR game play out. They’ve got a lifetime leader. The shit does he care about optics anymore? They’re now able to consistently trade things like “talks with NK” that cost them very little (and gives the US even less) and in return they’ll end up saving billions in tariffs.

For what? Talks with NK? A backwards ass brainwashed country nobody wants to deal with anyways? A country that treats its people like such garbage that if it were Mooslems we’d have invaded a few decades ago?

What’s the goal? Denuclearization? Seems the only ones we’re saving from NK nukes are those that live in 10 miles of the launch sites. It’s not like we’ll be pulling troops out of SK if CakeMan reeeeeally promises to not be such a shit.

Tell Trump that…
And you’ll get Tweet-Smashed for 2 weeks…

Which directly contradicted their story from day before. If I recall correctly what I read about the invasion, some of the more outrageous acts such as falling to one’s knees and kissing the ground were rewarded by enrollment in more prestigious US med schools.

C’MON, Pat and Zecarlo…!

My inbox notification was full of more one-liners than a Rodney Dangerfield Monologue!

Evacuated from a war zone does not mean they were hostages. Now, because either you stopped reading after that first paragraph or you are being deliberately disingenuous, here is what followed that paragraph:

Many of the students from St. George’s University School of Medicine said they had not been directly threatened or endangered by the turmoil and fighting, and some said they believed their safety had been used as an excuse by the United States to invade Grenada.

Further on you have:
‘‘I saw soldiers with guns during the curfew,’’ said Miss Nelson, ‘‘and while none of them ever threatened me, several of my friends told me guns had been aimed at them, and they were terrified.’’

But Gary Solin of Chicago, who is the medical school’s bursar and has lived in Grenada for seven years, disagreed with assertions about the need for a military rescue mission.

‘‘Our safety was never in danger,’’ he said. ‘‘We were used as an excuse by this government to invade Grenada. They needed a reason to go in and we were it.’’

1 Like