T Nation

Please Rate My Physique

Please Rate My Physiqueve been lurking around the forums here and there for a while now. I know I am nothing special, but eventually I would like to enter a show. My goal right now is to lean out, and then do a clean bulk from there. I have been very reluctant to post pics lol. Kinda scared I’m going to get destroyed but maybe I need to in order to stay motivated.

I am going to lean out over the next 4 weeks, than I am headed to L.A. for a wedding. So the added pressure of posting up weekly or bi-weekly pics will help keep my accountable and help keep me disciplined.

Got hold of T-Nation around 09’ but i have been lifting seriously the last couple years. Really dialed it in this last year as far as setting goals. I dont go for numbers, I just try to go for feel and contraction.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. There are some awesome physiques on here, so I would really like to here from some big guys lol. I am 5’ 9’’ and weigh 170 pounds in these pics. If anybody has any questions I would be glad to answer them. Thanks in advance.

Rear Lat Spread.

Attempted Most Muscular. Sorry about the face lol

Legs. This is actually a horrible pic. I will post a better one next time i post pics.

Once again please excuse the weird faces.

Front double bicep. Could have been executed better IMO.

I’m not a bodybuilder.

Seems like lats and lower back should be bigger. Hamstrings as well. Obliques should be bigger to match your front abs, but not unless your lats are going to widen. Don’t want to lose the v-taper.

[quote]louiek wrote:
I’m not a bodybuilder.

Seems like lats and lower back should be bigger. Hamstrings as well. Obliques should be bigger to match your front abs, but not unless your lats are going to widen. Don’t want to lose the v-taper.[/quote]

I appreciate the feedback. Any exercises you recommend in particular?

[quote]NDucedStrength98 wrote:

[quote]louiek wrote:
I’m not a bodybuilder.

Seems like lats and lower back should be bigger. Hamstrings as well. Obliques should be bigger to match your front abs, but not unless your lats are going to widen. Don’t want to lose the v-taper.[/quote]

I appreciate the feedback. Any exercises you recommend in particular?[/quote]

Again, I’m not a bodybuilder. But at heart, I love getting bigger and looking like a monster (but then again I’m all about strength). This is some stuff that’s worked for me in the past when I’ve needed to add size:

hamstring - pin Good mornings to 5rm. with slow eccentric. focus on using hamstrings. let the bar rest on the pins and relax for a second, than explode.

low back - zercher deadlifts 3rm, then round back seated good morning 3x15

lats - pullups, 3x5 (heavy), then barbell row 5x15 (no missing reps. get 5x15. focus on the pump)

face pull w/ rope - 100 reps total. switch pull height each week (throat, face, forehead)

leg press - 5 sets. 45 seconds each set. no more than 50 seconds, no less than 40 seconds. failure should be reached around 45 seconds.

obliques - side planks, front planks, continental clean and jerks, standing side crunch w/ weight in hand, side crunch hanging from bar.

Again, I’m all about strength, but I’ve helped a lot of guys (not 130lb weaklings either) get strong (edit: big) using non-bodybuilding techniques. some of the greatest drug-free physiques in the world are built by oddlifts. perhaps not “bodybuilder” level physiques, but athletic, muscular, low bodyfat physiques. you have sick arms as it is. id worry more about the back of your body and see what some actual bodybuilders have to say.

[quote]louiek wrote:

[quote]louiek wrote:
I’m not a bodybuilder.

I appreciate the feedback. Any exercises you recommend in particular?[/quote]

Again, I’m not a bodybuilder. But at heart, I love getting bigger and looking like a monster (but then again I’m all about strength). This is some stuff that’s worked for me in the past when I’ve needed to add size:

hamstring - pin Good mornings to 5rm. with slow eccentric. focus on using hamstrings. let the bar rest on the pins and relax for a second, than explode.

low back - zercher deadlifts 3rm, then round back seated good morning 3x15

lats - pullups, 3x5 (heavy), then barbell row 5x15 (no missing reps. get 5x15. focus on the pump)

face pull w/ rope - 100 reps total. switch pull height each week (throat, face, forehead)

leg press - 5 sets. 45 seconds each set. no more than 50 seconds, no less than 40 seconds. failure should be reached around 45 seconds.

obliques - side planks, front planks, continental clean and jerks, standing side crunch w/ weight in hand, side crunch hanging from bar.

Again, I’m all about strength, but I’ve helped a lot of guys (not 130lb weaklings either) get strong using non-bodybuilding techniques. some of the greatest drug-free physiques in the world are built by oddlifts. perhaps not “bodybuilder” level physiques, but athletic, muscular, low bodyfat physiques. you have sick arms as it is. id worry more about the back of your body and see what some actual bodybuilders have to say.[/quote]

Awesome! I’m open to anything as long as it gets the job done. I appreciate the info above. I will definitely be trying everything out.

your front delts are monsters… that being said, i’d work on the rear in rode to get a fuller look.
your legs look awfully skinny in the full body shots, much much smaller than your upper body. I’d venture to say thats due to lack of leg training, SO if you were to step that up, and fill out you’d be looking pretty solid.
Chest needs work in order to catch up with your arms/shoulders

good though

You look great man. I wouldve guessed you weigh 200. I would just say to work on legs(squats) and lat width(pull ups and lat pull downs).

[quote]Brian14 wrote:
You look great man. I wouldve guessed you weigh 200. I would just say to work on legs(squats) and lat width(pull ups and lat pull downs).[/quote]

200 pounds! I WISH! Haha, soon though. Thanks for the tips man.

[quote]eightohfive wrote:
your front delts are monsters… that being said, i’d work on the rear in rode to get a fuller look.
your legs look awfully skinny in the full body shots, much much smaller than your upper body. I’d venture to say thats due to lack of leg training, SO if you were to step that up, and fill out you’d be looking pretty solid.

good though[/quote]

Arms I dont really work at all, they grow so easily. I was doing squats and deads, and my legs were growing well but due to a broken leg that i got back in high school which damaged a growth plate, my left leg is a little bit longer than my right. When i align my knees and feet its very noticable. Unfortunately, its caught up with me. When i do squats and deadlifts, my left leg is taking a beating big time. I can feel the extra tension A LOT. My knee, hip and even my back are all out of alignment. I went to a chiropractor and he took x-rays of my back for free. He told me that there is a slight bend in my back and its due to the injury. I need to get a custom lift for my right foot in order to alight everything properly. As soon as I can take care of that, i will slowly start putting all the heavy compound leg lifts back into my work out for sure. My chest is definitely a work in progress!

Thanks for the constructive criticism and the kind words.

I will be uploading pics soon. Probably this weekend.

[quote]eightohfive wrote:

good though[/quote]

Arms I dont really work at all, they grow so easily. I was doing squats and deads, and my legs were growing well but due to a broken leg that i got back in high school which damaged a growth plate, my left leg is a little bit longer than my right. When i align my knees and feet its very noticable. Unfortunately, its caught up with me. When i do squats and deadlifts, my left leg is taking a beating big time. I can feel the extra tension A LOT. My knee, hip and even my back are all out of alignment. I went to a chiropractor and he took x-rays of my back for free. He told me that there is a slight bend in my back and its due to the injury. I need to get a custom lift for my right foot in order to alight everything properly. As soon as I can take care of that, i will slowly start putting all the heavy compound leg lifts back into my work out for sure. My chest is definitely a work in progress!

Thanks for the constructive criticism and the kind words.[/quote]

have you tried single leg work on like machine hack squats or any leg sled kinda deal?
squats and stuff are preached pretty hard, but you can build great legs without them just try to figure out different ways to work them if you want them to come up. Your legs at different lengths the squat may never be a good idea actually.

arms awesome, back needs to get bigger. Destroy it. lat pulldowns, rows, weighted pullups.

You got solid arms and traps, hit those legs with more volume, try separating training the hams and quads on their own day. Some people’s legs respond great training them that way, see how it compares to doing them together. I know my own didn’t start growing until I really upped the volume more than I thought I should.