Please Point Me in Right Direction

I have about years lifting experience. I have been using the Westside for Skinny Bastards routine for 3 weeks now. I have been fixing my diet based on some of the articles posted here. I’m 16, 5’11, and 156 pounds. I’m wondering what tips you could give me to help me go from my pic to the guy in the link??

1.Lift heavy(3repsx10sets).
2.use only compound movements(bench, squat, deadlift, row).
3.eat huge amounts of food all day,4000-5000 calories minimum.(protein, carbs, fruit, veggies).
4.Use supplements(pre & post workout drink, creatine, fish oil).
5.Get at least 8-10 hours of sleep a night.
6.Do total body workouts(no more than 2x’s a week…ie…mon & thurs).

Something else I forgot to mention is at first you want to bulk up, dont worry about fat. Untill you hit between 200-225 pounds(even 250 if want to be HUGE), dont worry about:
1.cardio(sprints, sled dragging, farmers walk, …ect).
2.Isolation movents(bicep curls, tricep extensions, calf raises, sit-ups,…ect).

Hope this help,

Dragon

[quote]Dragon wrote:
3.eat huge amounts of food all day,4000-5000 calories minimum.(protein, carbs, fruit, veggies).
6.Do total body workouts(no more than 2x’s a week…ie…mon & thurs).

[/quote]
Is there a way to split it up into 4x/week. I know I’m not all knowing and I’m not trying to say you don’t know what you’re doing, but I just dont think its enough. Probably because I’m not fully read up on techniques. But is there a way to split it up over 4 days, because I like working out with my friends and they workout 4 times a week.

Dragon hit it dead on.

If you aren’t eating you aren’t growing. At 16 you’re a weed for growing so git 'er done.

Take advantage of the fact that you get for free (Testosterone) what men twice your age are shelling out monthly for.

If you have troulble eating at first learn to go with easy calories. Eating should be like training, always go for that extra rep. Just like you want to improve your weights each day, improve the quality and amount of food you eat each day. ONE MORE BITE.

Learn to love milkshakes.

You said to do only 2 full body workouts a week. Could you reccomend a good program or should I up it to 3x a week and continue the westside for skinny bastards routine. Also I don’t want to get much bigger than 180, because I play middie in lacrosse and I have to be able to move fast.

I would highly suggest getting Scrawny to Brawny. It explains everything in detail, and includes a kick-ass diet plan.

The reason you should only do 3 days a week is that a huge part of getting big is rest and recovery. If you don’t rest your muscles, then they won’t grow to their full potential. Sometimes more isn’t better!

Also, since you are still young, and your metabolism is fast, you don’t have to worry so much about having a totally clean diet. Just eat A TON. Eat every three hours at least, and stuff your face.

Good luck, all the info you need is here, so start searching for articles…

To pack on your size I ate peanut butter sandwiches, lots of milk and bannanas. You could also take the supplements recommended earlier. After you read my post eat a banana and a glass of milk. Try to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. You could do splits, upper/lower or full body… you’ll grow with anything at sixteen. Try westside for skinny bastards for another couple of weeks tho… it should work well.

Hey, i am currently using CW’s Total Body Training (TBT) and I have seen much greater results than when i used body part split routines even though i am going only 3 times a week. Just eat alot man. i cleaned up my diet and it has made a drastic difference. i dont think you really realize how much it affects you until you do it and see the results. good luck with your bulk. just lift heavy and use big compound movements.

I agree mostly with dragon but I reckon 3 or 4 times a week, not only twice.

If you’re going 4 times a week, do at least 2 programs, hitting different exercises will give you a bit more bang rather than just hitting the same routine everytime.

you are at your computer when you are reading this…is there a sandwich or milk or yogurt or a meal replacement at the computer with you?

[quote]Dragon wrote:
6.Do total body workouts[/quote]

That really should be the standard reply to every skinny kid that comes onto this board.

Great Advice!!

Can someone give me a good routine for size. I’m at the point where I don’t care how strong I am, I just want to pack on size.

[quote]sublimelaxer wrote:
Can someone give me a good routine for size. I’m at the point where I don’t care how strong I am, I just want to pack on size.[/quote]

Read the subtitle “The I’m Not Concerned with Strength Guy”, in this article. It will help point you in the right direction.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=951000

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Dragon wrote:
6.Do total body workouts

That really should be the standard reply to every skinny kid that comes onto this board.

Great Advice!!
[/quote]

I agree with this,though I think 5x5 or varying rep ranges might be best for muscle growth.Especially for a beginner,I think going with a slightly lighter weight untill ya get your form down. When doing total body I’d also go upto 3 times a week. At your size,eat everything in sight. It doesn’t always have to be “clean”

About what is the average time it takes to gain 10 pounds of muscle? I know many factors go into it training, nutrition, etc. But what is the average time it would take to add 10 pounds of muscle?

Of muscle… for a newbie… 6 months to a year.

[quote]sublimelaxer wrote:
About what is the average time it takes to gain 10 pounds of muscle? I know many factors go into it training, nutrition, etc. But what is the average time it would take to add 10 pounds of muscle?[/quote]

I’ve added 45 lbs in 8 months, about 80% lbm. So the sky is te limit.