T Nation

Please Help

After years of neglecting the gym, I have decided that enough is enough and I need to change. I just got a gym mebership a couple of days ago and am going for my first time this afternoon. Just a little background, I'm a 29 year old female who, like I'm sure everyone's heard many times before, lose the extra weight around my midsection and thighs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not overweight by any means. I just want to feel comfortable in a bikini.

I know all the basics like eating healthy, cardio, and all that jazz. First off, I hate running. So hopefully I can get my cardio in another form. Along with losing some weight, I want to become stronger and more toned. When I used to go to the gym I hardly ever used the machines. I used the free weights all the time and I loved it. However, I can't seem to remember (or find) my notebook I used to use with all of my routines in it.

So, if any of you have any good routines for me to use, they would be greatly appreciated. I plan on going 3-4 times a week, but it all depends on which routine I choose to use. Also, feel free to send me any good, healthy recipes. No fish though...ick... lol Thank you so much everyone and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this site and becoming a healthier, stronger person!! :slight_smile:

Squat

Best of luck around here.

So you basically want us to do all the work for you?

definitely...

squats + stiff legs deadlift + ABZZ + cardio (training A)
overall upper body workout with free weights + absss + cardio (training B)

And go like this:

A
off
B
off
A
off
B
off
A
off

etc.

Keep diet and that's all you need madame.

For your cardio, honestly just do something you like. You can look up some interval work if you like that, but I think that as a beginner, it's more important to pick something you'll stick to and actually do.

In the weight room, I think you should do this http://www.test.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=508031 It's fairly straight forward, and I think it's a good introduction to the free weights.

Recipies, you're going to have to find yourself, but there are nice ones to be found on here. T-Nation is helpful, but no one's going to spoon feed you.

Wander over to the Women's logs, check them out they are full of great ideas.