T Nation

Please Help with My Routine

I'm 5' 7" 167 pounds at arond 14& bf trying to get down to 9 in 4-5 months. Nutrition's solid just need help with my routine

Monday- Chest/Back/Core
Flat db bench 3x
Deadlift 3x
Incline db bench 3x
Lat pulldown 3x
Dips 3x
T bar row 3x
Cable crossover 2x
Core Circuit

Tuesday- Shoulder/Leg/Cardio
Squat 3x
Db shoulder press 3x
Upright row 3x
Superset 1a: Lateral raise 3x
Superset 1b: Front raise 3x
Rear delt fly 3x
Cardio

Wednesday- Off

Thursday- Chest/Back/Core
Flat db bench 3x
Deadlift 3x
Incline db bench 3x
Lat pulldown 3x
Dips 3x
T bar row 3x
Cable crossover 2x
Core Circuit

Friday- Shoulder/Cardio
Db shoulder press 3x
Standing barbell press 3x
S1: Lateral raise 3x
S2: Front raise 3x
Rear delt fly 3x
Shrugs 3x
Cardio

Saturday- Leg/Arms/Cardio
Squat 3x
Lunges 3x
Box step up 3x
Barbell curl 3x
Dip 3x
Preacher curl 3x
Skullcrushers 3x
Cardio

Sunday â?? Rest

read this
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_this_routine_instead_of_that_dumb_one

Not to sound like an ass bro but when you are cutting diet is about 90% of everything. If your Diet is how you say solid you should have no problem.

Number of people with 1 post who say this >>>> number of people with one post for which this is actually true.

Post diet.

Breakfast (6:30-8:00)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ scoop protein
- 1 bread
- Nuttela
- pills

After track (9:00-11:00)
- 3 eggs
- 3 turkey bacon
- ½ cup mixed fruits
-1 cup of milk

Snack (12:00-3:00)
- Chicken breast
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Vegetables

Preworkout (3:00-5:00)
- 1 scoop razor8

Postworkout (6:00-7:00)
- 2 scoops protein
- 1 cup grape juice
- Creatine

Dinner (7:00-8:00)
- chicken breasts
- Vegetables
- Apple

Before bed (10:00-10:30)
- Greek yogurt

Not bad, though I would replace some of the carbs with healthy fats (nuts, olive oil, whatever). The key to losing weight though will be a caloric deficit... if you aren't losing weight you need to increase work done (more weights or cardio) OR decrease calories.

Whats your total breakdown? Calories as well as carbs/fat/protein. The food choices are good but "chicken breast" and "greek yogurt" makes it hard to guess amounts.

As far as routine... monday/thursday looks brutal to me. T-Bar rows as your 6th exercise, after bench/deadlift/dips? Also you only have 7 total leg exercises (counting deadlifts) out of 35 total. You either need more exercises, or more sets of the same (i.e. making squats/deads 5x5 or 8x3 or something).

I don't really like the split...I'm a big fan of push/pull/legs, or for beginners just finding an established program and sticking to it until you learn enough to write your own. Regardless, at the very least I would move dips from chest to shoulder day (since it's a tricep exercise, and hammering your tris will hurt your pressing the nextday), put t-bars in front of lat pulldowns so you're slightly less burned out for them.

Legs should have their own day though.

Thanks. As for chicken breasts it's 2 breasts each the size of a deck of cards, and greek yogurt is 1 cup. After looking at my workout and considering what you said I think I'm just going to do a push/pull/leg split going M-W-F-S-Tues-Thurs, etc.. Thank you again

Hey man just looked over your thread thought I'd pass along my advice...

You could consider switching to a total body split (3 days per week) or an upper/lower split (2 of each per week). Not that I am against body part splits but I have found this works a lot better for *most average guys who are not planning on competing in a bodybuilding competition anytime soon.

Is this routine from somewhere or is it just kind of made up? It seems like it might be a little high on the volume side of things, especially while trying to cut bodyfat %.

Also on your exercises, you list 3x, 2x... what? what rep ranges are you working in?

You might also consider dropping the milk as it can have an inflammatory/bloating effect on your body which is not something you want while trying to cut. I also echo what was said above, when cutting you have to be in a caloric deficit-- that doesn't necessarily mean you have to count calories but in the end ensuring you are in a deficit will be important.

I never count calories and have used an intermittent fasting approach while cutting (actually just recently did this) with GREAT success, so that might be something worth looking into.