T Nation

Please Help with My Diet

Hi,

I created this diet with two things in mind:

1- staying lean
2- and gaining muscle mass

For the past weeks, my weight has been going down (about 1 pound each week). Since I would like to stay lean, my first though is too increase calories on training days, mostly from carbs. I could therefore keep my off/rest day lower calorie wise which would help me stay lean.

What would be your suggestion? Increase calories on training days? off days?
Increase carbs? If so, when? Increase fat?
Or somehting else…

If something is not clear, feel free to ask!

Thanks in advance!

D.

PS. I’m 21, 6’0.5’’ and 225 pounds. I train hard 4 days/week.

ON THE LEFT SIDE IS MY DIET ON TRAINING DAYS, ON THE RIGHT SIDE ON REST DAYS

BTW, 1 TASSE RIZ = 1 CUP RICE; AVOCAT = AVOCADO; OEUFS = EGGS

As with my eval of others, my evaluation would be WAY too much protein, not enough fat. Its just my opinion, but I’d cut 70-100 grams of protein and add 30-45 grams of good fats.

More egg yolks, olive oil, red palm oil, grass-fed cow butter.

You also have VIRTUALLY ZERO omega-3 fatty acids.

You also have NO green leafy vegetables and NO berries, both essential foods. You either need them, or get a freeze dried powder.

And virtually no cellulose fiber. Not much pectin. Grain fiber sucks. You need a balance of oligosaccarhides from potatos, pectin from fruit and cellulose.

Thanks for the comments mertdawg! I’ll take it into consideration!!

Just some things I forgot to mention: I add veggies to any meal I want (unlimited amount) and I take Cyto-greens (green supplement). As for the fatty acid, granted I might not take enough, but I take 3g per day.

Thanks again for the advice!

D.

[quote]Dario92 wrote:
Thanks for the comments mertdawg! I’ll take it into consideration!!

Just some things I forgot to mention: I add veggies to any meal I want (unlimited amount) and I take Cyto-greens (green supplement). As for the fatty acid, granted I might not take enough, but I take 3g per day.

Thanks again for the advice!

D.
[/quote]

You take 3 grams of what? Is it just fish oil? Fish oil typically only has about 0.3 grams of omega 3 per gram of oil, so 3 x 1 gram fish oil has less than a gram of omega-3

Damn, didnt know that!
Yeah its 3g of fish oil…

What food do you recommend for omega-3? Salmon? What else?

Thanks!

D.

[quote]Dario92 wrote:
Damn, didnt know that!
Yeah its 3g of fish oil…

What food do you recommend for omega-3? Salmon? What else?

Thanks!

D.[/quote]

I take Biotest Flameout probably 5 days a week. It has two main advantages. 1) it has the right balance of DHA to EPA for males (MORE DHA) and 2) It is concentrated so you only need 4 a day to get 3 grams of Omega 3s. I eat about half a pound of salmon, tuna, sashimi, trout, eel twice a week.