Please Help On My Bench Press!

I basically need help on getting my Bench press max up by 120 pounds within 1 year and 7 months. And i was wondering what type of reps and weight should i be using.

ome backround info on me is that i started lifting when i was a sophmore in highschool to stop being picked on i went from a 85 pound bench press to a 200 pound one and im currently a junior weighing 165 pounds my goal is for 320 to be one of the top five in my highschool on the weight training board for 300+ my workout includes right now doing 165x8 175x6 180x3 190x2 and after my workouts i also once a week incorportate 1 rep maxes in my workout? just wanted some tips because i cant get above 200 for some reason

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459808

Read this and then do a search on bench press

Westside!! Go to www.elitefts.com there are plenty of articles on bench there written by Dave Tate. You can also look for his articles here at T-Nation. I recommend his “Bench 600” article here. I hope that helps. Good luck.

Rich

Start working your whole body. A rising tide lifts all ships.
(especialy the back. You don’t want to find out the hard way what happens if you don’t)

[quote]rich44 wrote:
Westside!! Go to www.elitefts.com there are plenty of articles on bench there written by Dave Tate. You can also look for his articles here at T-Nation. I recommend his “Bench 600” article here. I hope that helps. Good luck.

Rich[/quote]

I second this, just make sure that your exercise rotation is made of exercises that the bottom of your bench, you may want to do something like this:

2 weeks of each:

Index on rings bench press work up to a 5RM

2 Board Press (pinky on rings)work up to a 1RM then take 90% of that weight and do 5 singles.

Index on rings bench press work up to a 3RM, then take 75-80% and do close grip presses tucking your elbows in and bringing bar to upper abs 5 sets of 4-5.

Floor Presses (pinky on rings)work up to 1RM, then 90% x 4-5 singles.

Competition grip Bench Press, work up to 1RM, then 80% to failure.

This will be your ME day, no direct tricep work needed, 4 sets of some kind of row or pulldown, 4 sets for upper back and you’re done.

rest 3 days and on your DE day do the folowing 2 weeks each:

Military Press 5x8.

50% of your Bench 1RM, 10x3.

Index on rings Incline Bbell Press 5x8.

50% of your Bench 1RM, 10x3.

Dbell Bench Press 5x8.

4 sets of some kind of row or pulldown, 4 sets for upper back and you’re done.

Also, dedicate one day of the week to:

Squats work up to a 3RM (3 weeks)

Deadlifts up to a 3Rm (3 weeks)

Good Mornings up to a 5RM (3 weeks)

follow up each of these with pull thoughs, abs, hammer curls.

These are just guidelines, you listen to your body, your elbows should remain healthy and painless, PM me if you have any questions.