Please Help me with my Homework....

I had a great weekend snowboarding. Unfortunately, failed to do my homework…I need to interview at least 10 people. If anyone could answer this survey for me, you have no idea how much it will help me out.

When you answer, if you could please include your first name, male/female, and age.

1. What do you call a person with a hearing loss?

2. Do you think Deaf/Hard of Hearing (HOH) people can drive?

3. Do you think Deaf/HOH people can have a successful career such as becoming a lawyer, doctor, teacher, and etc?

4. Have you heard of ?Deaf Culture? and do you think it exists? Why or why not?
    a. Have you ever heard the term Deaf Culture?

5. Is the same sign language used all over the world?
    a. Is American Sign Language (ASL) considered a language? Why or why not?

6. Can all Deaf/HOH people read lips?
    a. Should all Deaf/HOH people be forced to speak and read lips?

7. Do you consider Deaf/HOH people disabled?

8. Do you think Deaf people appreciate music and dancing?

9. Do Deaf/HOH people look different than hearing people?

10. Do you think Deaf/HOH people wish they were hearing?

Thank you so much.

So, let me get this straight … you decided to go snowboarding all weekend and couldn’t get around to conducting a simple survey to 10 people? You’re an idiot … I hope you’re sterile

you’re welcome so much

[quote]benos4752 wrote:
I had a great weekend snowboarding. Unfortunately, failed to do my homework…I need to interview at least 10 people. If anyone could answer this survey for me, you have no idea how much it will help me out.

When you answer, if you could please include your first name, male/female, and age.

3. Do you think Deaf/HOH people can have a successful career such as becoming a lawyer, doctor, teacher, and etc?

Thank you so much.
[/quote]

WHAT?

Is this part of def comedy jam?

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

I’ll bite.

1. What do you call a person with a hearing loss? whatever the hell I want, they can’t hear me anyway.

2. Do you think Deaf/Hard of Hearing (HOH) people can drive? For sure, I honk at many people daily and they don’t acknowledge me at all.

3. Do you think Deaf/HOH people can have a successful career such as becoming a lawyer, doctor, teacher, and etc? Is mime a career? If so, yes.

4. Have you heard of ?Deaf Culture? and do you think it exists? Why or why not? No, but how could deaf people hear of it?
    a. Have you ever heard the term Deaf Culture? No

5. Is the same sign language used all over the world? Yes, I have given people all over the world my middle finger and they have understood EXACTLY what I meant.
    a. Is American Sign Language (ASL) considered a language? Why or why not? see above.

6. Can all Deaf/HOH people read lips? I got nothing.
    a. Should all Deaf/HOH people be forced to speak and read lips? No, didn’t you see that Seinfeld episode with Marlee Matlin, everything went to hell because Kramer couldn’t tell the difference between sleep and sweep.

7. Do you consider Deaf/HOH people disabled? It’s a matter of perspective, if you lived with my wife you would consider it a blessing.

8. Do you think Deaf people appreciate music and dancing? Of course, how else would you explain crunk dancing?

9. Do Deaf/HOH people look different than hearing people? No, but Marlee Matlin sure is hot.

10. Do you think Deaf/HOH people wish they were hearing? Please, they can be driving, crunk dancing mime’s, that don’t live with my wife and have Marlee Matlin as their representative. Asking for more than that would be pushing it.

Thank you so much.
[/quote]

Thanks, that made my lunch break more fun.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

Thank you so much.
[/quote]

1. hearing impaired
    2.yes
    3.yes
  2. yes deaf people like to hang out with other deaf people, they aren’t discriminated against and they have a mutual understanding of life under their circumstances.
    5.no American Sign Language is used in America not around the world though.
    5a. not sure…
  3. no
    6a. no
  4. yes
  5. if the volume is loud enough, the deaf people I’ve known can groove to the bass lines, because they can feel the resonating vibrations.
  6. no
  7. some yes some no.

hope that helps.

peace

You should have done this on the chairlift.

-_-

This one’s for you, CDM.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

1. What do you call a person with a hearing loss?[/quote] deaf

[quote]2. Do you think Deaf/Hard of Hearing (HOH) people can drive?[/quote] yes.

[quote]3. Do you think Deaf/HOH people can have a successful career such as becoming a lawyer, doctor, teacher, and etc?[/quote] no.

[quote]4. Have you heard of ?Deaf Culture? and do you think it exists? Why or why not?
a. Have you ever heard the term Deaf Culture?[/quote] yes. I believe it exists in the same sense that gamer-girls exist; I hear stories about them, but I’ve yet to see them.

[quote]5. Is the same sign language used all over the world?[/quote] no. It suffers from the same divide the english language does, hence ASL/ESL.

[quote]a. Is American Sign Language (ASL) considered a language? Why or why not?[/quote] Sure. It’s a specific mode of communication with it’s own grammar and subculture.

[quote]6. Can all Deaf/HOH people read lips?[/quote] probably not.

[quote]a. Should all Deaf/HOH people be forced to speak and read lips? [/quote] no. But if they don’t want to learn, I shouldn’t be forced to pay their welfare.

[quote]7. Do you consider Deaf/HOH people disabled?[/quote] Yes. I know there’s a subculture among disabled people to not consider themselves disabled, but that’s bullshit. The fact that you can GET BY without hearing does not mean you’re not REALLY MISSING OUT.

[quote]8. Do you think Deaf people appreciate music and dancing?[/quote] dancing yes, music… no.

[quote]9. Do Deaf/HOH people look different than hearing people?[/quote] yes, oddly enough. They talk funny too.

[quote]10. Do you think Deaf/HOH people wish they were hearing?[/quote] Yes. I mean, if I lived in a society where everyone else had some new sense and I didn’t, I’d wanna jump on the bandwagon too.

[quote]Thank you so much.
[/quote]

[quote]Otep wrote:
This one’s for you, CDM.[/quote]

Otep,

Thanks.

CDM

I worked with a deaf guy, inspirational, so i’ll throw you a bone. But as a teacher, DO YOUR DAMN HOMEWORK INSTEAD OF SNOWBOARDING!!!

1. What do you call a person with a hearing loss? Deaf

2. Do you think Deaf/Hard of Hearing (HOH) people can drive? Yes

3. Do you think Deaf/HOH people can have a successful career such as becoming a lawyer, doctor, teacher, and etc? Sucess, yes. Those professions, no.

4. Have you heard of ?Deaf Culture? and do you think it exists? Why or why not? Yes
    a. Have you ever heard the term Deaf Culture? Yes

5. Is the same sign language used all over the world? No
    a. Is American Sign Language (ASL) considered a language? Why or why not? Yes, own grammar and conventions

6. Can all Deaf/HOH people read lips? No.
    a. Should all Deaf/HOH people be forced to speak and read lips? Not forced, but it would help if more did

7. Do you consider Deaf/HOH people disabled? Depends on how deaf they are.

8. Do you think Deaf people appreciate music and dancing? Yes, guy I mentioned before used to groove to bass lines

9. Do Deaf/HOH people look different than hearing people? Not necessarily

10. Do you think Deaf/HOH people wish they were hearing? Probably

Depends what their name is.

Depends if they have a license or not.

Kind of depends on how smart they are and if they work hard at it.

[quote]4.Have you heard of ?Deaf Culture? and do you think it exists? Why or why not?
a.Have you ever heard the term Deaf Culture?[/quote]
Nope

No

[quote]
a.Is American Sign Language (ASL) considered a language? Why or why not?[/quote]
The clue’s in the name.

Not if they didn’t learn to do it.

No

I’d say it depends on the individual

It depends on the person, I don’t see what dancing has to do with hearing.

Everyone looks different.

It depends on the individual, and probably if they’ve been deaf from birth or not.

I’m not sure if this is a questionnaire that you came up with or one that was given to you. Either way, it seems very badly formed.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
benos4752 wrote:

Thank you so much.

WHAT?

[/quote]

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAA! awesome.

Eventhough this is retarded that you went 'boarding all weekend and f*cked up I’ll answer b/c i went to RIT where there are about 40% deaf students.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

1. What do you call a person with a hearing loss? Deaf or anything I want b/c they can’t hear me.

2. Do you think Deaf/Hard of Hearing (HOH) people can drive? They can, but they are easily distracted b/c they aer always f*cking signing and have the dome lights on at night…it’s not as safe as it could be.

3. Do you think Deaf/HOH people can have a successful career such as becoming a lawyer, doctor, teacher, and etc? Yes.

4. Have you heard of ?Deaf Culture? and do you think it exists? Why or why not? yes i have, and it’s pretty different then the rest of use (‘normies’)
    a. Have you ever heard the term Deaf Culture? repeat question.

5. Is the same sign language used all over the world? I doubt it…we have ASL, American.
    a. Is American Sign Language (ASL) considered a language? Why or why not? yes because it is a different way of getting the point across.

6. Can all Deaf/HOH people read lips? no, only the tricky ones can.
    a. Should all Deaf/HOH people be forced to speak and read lips? No. deafies that speak are usually way too loud or sound really retarded…it would be a good idea to teach lip reading courses though.

7. Do you consider Deaf/HOH people disabled? No.

8. Do you think Deaf people appreciate music and dancing? They appreciate bass and dancing to bass.

9. Do Deaf/HOH people look different than hearing people? yes, they have stuff in their ears.

10. Do you think Deaf/HOH people wish they were hearing? The ones that were born deaf don’t, but the others Im’ sure miss being a normie.

If I was rude or an asshole about it I don’t appologize. I lived with deafies for about 2yrs and was around them for another 5 and found them to be really annoying, hard to work with and very immature.

Thank you so much.
[/quote]

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Eventhough this is retarded that you went 'boarding all weekend and f*cked up I’ll answer b/c i went to RIT where there are about 40% deaf students.

benos4752 wrote:

1. What do you call a person with a hearing loss? Deaf or anything I want b/c they can’t hear me.

2. Do you think Deaf/Hard of Hearing (HOH) people can drive? They can, but they are easily distracted b/c they aer always f*cking signing and have the dome lights on at night…it’s not as safe as it could be.

3. Do you think Deaf/HOH people can have a successful career such as becoming a lawyer, doctor, teacher, and etc? Yes.

4. Have you heard of ?Deaf Culture? and do you think it exists? Why or why not? yes i have, and it’s pretty different then the rest of use (‘normies’)
    a. Have you ever heard the term Deaf Culture? repeat question.

5. Is the same sign language used all over the world? I doubt it…we have ASL, American.
    a. Is American Sign Language (ASL) considered a language? Why or why not? yes because it is a different way of getting the point across.

6. Can all Deaf/HOH people read lips? no, only the tricky ones can.
    a. Should all Deaf/HOH people be forced to speak and read lips? No. deafies that speak are usually way too loud or sound really retarded…it would be a good idea to teach lip reading courses though.

7. Do you consider Deaf/HOH people disabled? No.

8. Do you think Deaf people appreciate music and dancing? They appreciate bass and dancing to bass.

9. Do Deaf/HOH people look different than hearing people? yes, they have stuff in their ears.

10. Do you think Deaf/HOH people wish they were hearing? The ones that were born deaf don’t, but the others Im’ sure miss being a normie.

If I was rude or an asshole about it I don’t appologize. I lived with deafies for about 2yrs and was around them for another 5 and found them to be really annoying, hard to work with and very immature.

Thank you so much.

[/quote]

Awesome. I was hoping someone would post answers like these… Thanks!

For number 2, are we talking about deaf males or deaf females…?

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

Deaf, or hard of hearing

i think i remember being surprised to hear that, so i’ll say yes

yes

i think i’ve heard of that

I think so

1. Is the same sign language used all over the world?
    um, i was gonna say yes, but then the next question asks about AMERICAN sign language, so i’;ll say no

Sure, i’ll say yes. You have to learn it, just like any other language

1. Can all Deaf/HOH people read lips?
    no

thats absurd

1. Do you consider Deaf/HOH people disabled?
    yeah, i guess so. seems like its a disability, that allowances woudl ahve to be made

2. Do you think Deaf people appreciate music and dancing?
    I’ve seen a documentary where deaf people enjoyed vibrateions coming through speakers, so i’ll say yes

3. Do Deaf/HOH people look different than hearing people?
    no

4. Do you think Deaf/HOH people wish they were hearing?
    I guess so

Thank you so much.
[/quote]

Kevin, male, 27

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

Thank you so much.
[/quote]

1. hearing impaired

2. physically yes, but i think they pose a greater risk to causing an accident than someone without hearing impairments

3. so long as their career choice isnt significantly affected by theiy disability/impairment then yes.

4. no, but there is a sub-culture for everything imaginable so i presume it does.

5. most likely not since different languages have differnt symbols and phonetics.

5B any means of communication is a language by definition.

1. can all people who have legs run a marathon?

6B no one should be forced to do anything but they should not expect sympathy or anyone to try and compensate for them if they can not compensate for their own impairments.

7 deaf is a disability, not hearing so well is more of just stuff youre gonna have to deal with. the disability label is slapped on a little too loosely nowadays.

1. wasn’t mozart deaf?

2. if they have a hearing aid

3. im sure they do. we have hearing for a reason, its a nesecity of basic communication and living in a natural world.

Kyle, 21, Alpha Male

Shoot, right.

David, 22, male.