Please Help Me Regain Weight!

This is my first post in the forums because I’m relatively new to T-Nation. However, I have a REALLY big problem and I’m looking for help. I’m a Highschool athlete who plays football, basketball, and track. Recently, I was named to play in an all state footballl game between my state, and my neighboring state. It’s a huge honor, and I’m very proud.

Heres the problem. Directly before my senior season started, I was 6’2", 240, and very lean (roughly 6% body fat). I was also very athletic, my best forty time was a 4.79. After my football season, I began suffering from a disease which kept me from eating and working out regularly. I’m now just under 200 pounds.

This game has meant the world to me since I was barely eighty pounds, so it is unacceptable for me to play in it at less than 100%. The game takes place this summer, and so in the course of a few months I need some major strength, and size gains. I would appreciate any training, nutrition, and supplement advice to be able to be at my best. Thanks.

[quote]Schlenkatank wrote:
This is my first post in the forums because I’m relatively new to T-Nation. However, I have a REALLY big problem and I’m looking for help. I’m a Highschool athlete who plays football, basketball, and track. Recently, I was named to play in an all state footballl game between my state, and my neighboring state. It’s a huge honor, and I’m very proud.

Heres the problem. Directly before my senior season started, I was 6’2", 240, and very lean (roughly 6% body fat). I was also very athletic, my best forty time was a 4.79. After my football season, I began suffering from a disease which kept me from eating and working out regularly. I’m now just under 200 pounds.

This game has meant the world to me since I was barely eighty pounds, so it is unacceptable for me to play in it at less than 100%. The game takes place this summer, and so in the course of a few months I need some major strength, and size gains. I would appreciate any training, nutrition, and supplement advice to be able to be at my best. Thanks.[/quote]

This cannot be conveyed to you in a sentence, or three.

Welcome to T-Nation:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=640350

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1766118

And before you get your nose bent out of shape at my response…

You’re sitting on a HUGE site as you read this; current articles AND archives of vast amounts of information.
Learn how to research for yourself – every answer to all of your questions is here.

Yes, of course, feel free to ask questions – part of the knowledge-base that exists here is found within its members; people who have tread this path ahead of you. And those people can, and will help you if you have the right attitude. But it is expected that you will, for the most part, take an active role in your own development, and not expect to have every piece of information you desire handed to you without any effort on your part.

So avail yourself of all of the info that exists here. Learn how to navigate the site (the “Search” link at the top of the page is very helpful – USE it!), and learn to enjoy finding the answers on your own.

And by the way, I am speaking from my own experience with T-Nation.
I’ve asked very few questions in the 2+ years I have been here. I haven’t needed to do so – every question that I had when I got here, and just about any question I’ve had since is answered here, somewhere. I just had to look for them. And I’ve been successful in finding them.

I hope that you can do the same for yourself.

Have fun!