T Nation

Please Evaluate Test Cyp/Deca/D-bol Cycle

Basic Stats: 5'11" 248, 42y/o, have been lifting for over 25 years, ran my first cycle at 34, have done at least 10 cycles since then. Currently using a variation of the 5/3/1 program, lifting 4 days a week, also train BJJ/grappling 3 days a week and Muay Thai once or twice a week. Looking to get up to 255-260 by end of cycle with minimal loss of endurance. Blood pressure has been high in the past but have it under control now with meds. Cholesterol level and liver values all healthy.

Proposed cycle:

W 1-12: Test Cyp 250mg EOD (so 875mg on everage per week)
W 1-10: Deca 200mg, 2xweek (400mg total)
W 1-4: Dbol, 50mg ED
W 3-16: HCG 250iu/2x week
W 1-16: Aromasin 20mg/EOD
W 1-12: Dostinex .5mg E3days

PCT W 15-18: Clomid 150/100/50/50

I've also been playing around with the idea of running the d-bol at the end of my cycle and frontloading test cyp instead. Thoughts on that?

I dont like deca…i feel EQ is a better compound and much safer to run as long as RBC is monitored.

Running like 800mg a week of EQ sounds like a sweet spot. People on here even advocate a gram a week but red blood count must be monitored because these dosages it does get a little dangerous. I wish i could handle EQ…i had a horrible reaction to it and had to drop it but feel that 800 a week would have been awesome. Deca for me is just too damn risky even if its a small %.

[quote]Mike823 wrote:
Basic Stats: 5’11" 248, 42y/o, have been lifting for over 25 years, ran my first cycle at 34, have done at least 10 cycles since then. Currently using a variation of the 5/3/1 program, lifting 4 days a week, also train BJJ/grappling 3 days a week and Muay Thai once or twice a week. Looking to get up to 255-260 by end of cycle with minimal loss of endurance. Blood pressure has been high in the past but have it under control now with meds. Cholesterol level and liver values all healthy.

Proposed cycle:

W 1-12: Test Cyp 250mg EOD (so 875mg on everage per week)
W 1-10: Deca 200mg, 2xweek (400mg total)
W 1-4: Dbol, 50mg ED
W 3-16: HCG 250iu/2x week
W 1-16: Aromasin 20mg/EOD
W 1-12: Dostinex .5mg E3days

PCT W 15-18: Clomid 150/100/50/50

I’ve also been playing around with the idea of running the d-bol at the end of my cycle and frontloading test cyp instead. Thoughts on that?
[/quote]

there are a few tweaks i’d make…

-HCG is typically run on cycle 'til before PCT… HCG actually doesn’t help the HPTA recover, but just keeps the testes active. i’d run it weeks 1-13 (and 250 IU/wk is prolly fine).

-if you have BP issues, i’d go with A-dex over Aromsin. for whatever reason, that can cause BP issues in some guys. i’d go .25 mg EOD (and adjust up or down as needed) from week 1 until week 16

-run the prolactin control (dostinex) longer. i believe one of the issues with deca and prolactin, is that is binds so effectively to AR’s (and longer than test), so that issues remain longer than one expects. couple with the long deca ester, 1 month after cessation is not unusual.

-while i’m not a fan of clomid (i prefer nolva or tore), you don’t need high doses of SERMs in PCT. 25-50 mg/day of clomid has been shown to work plenty of times…

Thanks for the feedback guys. Any thoughts on using the d-bol at the end of the cycle and front loading with test?