T Nation

Please Estimate My BF

Hi guys,

I know I have a long way to go, I am aware of the things that need to be improved. Also, I lift for pure recreation, and I am not too ambitious. I am currently at 80 kg, Im 179 cm tall. My ideal built would be like 3-5 kg more at 6% bf.

What would be my bf according to this couple of photos (excluding the pic in blue bathers coz it was taken a while ago)?

In this pic where im in blue bathers (it was a couple of months ago, and my bf is curently higher-see other two pics), my bf was estimated at 8.1%. It was done by calippers at Shredded strength institute (Poliquins institute). However ppl that have been lifting for yrs say that it was higher than that, so im not sure what to believe anymore.

How Hard is It to Lose Muscle?

8-10 sounds fairly accurate I’d say. Also, one important thing: That’s a damn fine physique. I know people tell you you’re a Nobody if you weigh less than 200, but honestly, I do grappling and very few people who don’t train with a heavy focus on aesthetics will ever look like you.

So your listening to people that are looking at pics, and maybe personally in the flesh and
“guessing” your bf over someone that has been trained and presumably competent in the use of skin fold calipers?.. I would not give a shit about what everyone is saying “other” than the guy/girl that conducted your test…

It’s common knowledge in the industry that 9o% of all people will severely under/over estimate both their bf levels and their daily caloric intake.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:
8-10 sounds fairly accurate I’d say. Also, one important thing: That’s a damn fine physique. I know people tell you you’re a Nobody if you weigh less than 200, but honestly, I do grappling and very few people who don’t train with a heavy focus on aesthetics will ever look like you.[/quote]

Thanks mate! thats really encouraging for me, especially lately when i see no progress and when i constantly eat myself for not gaining muscle.

here is another pic from maybe 2 months ago when i was mmeasured 8.1 bf. i want to get ther again, so i started doing anabolic diet.

My estimated maintenance calorie intake according to Mauro is around 3000 cal, but lately im constantly feeling hungry on this diet and eating around 3500 cals.

any of you guys has any experience with this diet?

It would be much easier to tell if you were holding a shoe in the picture. Nikes are best, but if you only have Adidas or Reebok, that will work.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
It would be much easier to tell if you were holding a shoe in the picture. Nikes are best, but if you only have Adidas or Reebok, that will work.[/quote]

If i only knew what shoe u were talking about…

[quote]kiwiinmn wrote:
So your listening to people that are looking at pics, and maybe personally in the flesh and
“guessing” your bf over someone that has been trained and presumably competent in the use of skin fold calipers?.. I would not give a shit about what everyone is saying “other” than the guy/girl that conducted your test…

It’s common knowledge in the industry that 9o% of all people will severely under/over estimate both their bf levels and their daily caloric intake. [/quote]

I hope u r right, but sometimes u think ppl with a lotof lifting experience would know as well… And i also sometimes question caliper measurements coz there r way more precise ways of measuring bf, like hydrostatic weihing, scanners…

you’re not single digits that’s for sure. check out meadow’s forum. he’s getting his bf checked 3 different ways. that will give you some insight.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
you’re not single digits that’s for sure. check out meadow’s forum. he’s getting his bf checked 3 different ways. that will give you some insight.[/quote]

U reckon? I read charles poluquin says that if u can see your full six pack than you are just below 10%

[quote]Podgorica10 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
It would be much easier to tell if you were holding a shoe in the picture. Nikes are best, but if you only have Adidas or Reebok, that will work.[/quote]

[/quote]

Its because without you holding the shoe we cannot estimate your body fat percentage with great accuracy.The proper shoe is paramount.

Here is the good example of proper procedure.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/pictures_pics_photo_body_image_performance/what_is_my_body_fat

[quote]kiwiinmn wrote:

It’s common knowledge in the industry that 9o% of all people will severely under/over estimate both their bf levels and their daily caloric intake. [/quote]

I hope u r right, but sometimes u think ppl with a lotof lifting experience would know as well… And i also sometimes question caliper measurements coz there r way more precise ways of measuring bf, like hydrostatic weihing, scanners…
[/quote]

I know I am right… I bet 90% of the people on this site cannot accurately guess their own bf let alone that of someone else and I have experienced it first hand 00’s of times in my career. Of course there is always going to be the chance of operator error, and no test is ever 100 % right. You don’t want to believe a professional skin fold test because there are better ones out there… sure there are… but guess what buddy… any average professional conducting a skinfold test on you is going to be 100% MORE accurate than any guy 1000 miles away guessing it from a photo… get serious.

What if he is looking at the photo just a couple miles away? Is that more better?

[quote]SKELAC wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[/quote]

Its because without you holding the shoe we cannot estimate your body fat percentage with great accuracy.The proper shoe is paramount.

Here is the good example of proper procedure.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/pictures_pics_photo_body_image_performance/what_is_my_body_fat[/quote]

Lol thats really hilarious!

Just a short update of my cut. This is a pic from the gym yesterday, after a session (in my eyes i dont look this big at all, probably coz of the pump-did chest and back yesterday).

In your opinion guys, should i continue cutting or just start bulking?

Im at day 23 of anabolic diet and i feel weight has gone down a lot…

Hi guys,
just some progress on my cut. this is day 23 of anabolic diet, so im wondering if i should continue cutting or just start bulking?

The pic was taken yesterday after a chest and back session, so I think in this photo I look much bigger than in real (probably because of the pump).

This is the pic…

This is the pic…

This is the pic…[/quote]

Any thoughts on whether to continue cutting? I feel like i can be much leaner (im doing zero cardio and still shredding fat), but on the other side i lack a lot of muscle.

Soon i might be starting a test e course, so any advices appreciated. I opened a separate thread in ‘steroids’ section under ‘my first test e cycle’.