Please Critique This Fat Loss Plan

Hello i’ll attempt to be concise as possible.

My objective is to lose fat. I weigh 210 pounds and therefore aim to consume at least 210 grams of protein.

Breakfast

3 Eggs, 2-3 wholemeal slices of toast(3.2 grams fibre each), Cup of coffee with 1tspn splenda.

2-3 hours later

Protein Shake (1 tbspn natural peanut butter, 2 tbspns flax seed, 500ml 2% milk and 36gms whey protein)

Lunch

1 large can of canned pink salmon (40gms protein) and mix of green veg.

Snack

2-3 Oranges

2-3 hours later

Protein Shake ( 1 tbspn natural peanut butter,2 tbspns flax seed, 500ml 2% milk and 36gms whey protein)

Dinner

2-3 pieces Chicken (either thighs or breast) and Stir fry green veg

2-3 hours later

Protein Shake (1 tbspn natural peanut butter, 2 tbspns flax seed, 500ml 2% milk and 36gms whey protein)

**Sometimes I replace the chicken dinner with 4 eggs and an extra serving of protein powder in my last shake of the day.

**The total protein count is roughly 210 grams per day.

**I drink 2 litres of water a day.

**I consume 6 fish oil capsules spread throughout the day.

Looking forward to any comments, suggestions-especially from the vets.

P.S. I view this plan as something I will stick to for the rest of my life i.e. a change in lifestyle.

1. Too many shakes, not enough real food

2. What is your daily calorie total?

3. Replace the toast with oatmeal

4. No meal should be fruit only.

5. Looks boring, I could never stick to that over the long term, your taste buds would die of disuse. If it’s temporary and you’re shooting for a v-diet style, then go full bore and v-diet, don’t mess around.

6. Where’s the Surge?

7. You don’t have a calorie or carb cycling plan? Expect leptin problems shortly.

8. Fish oil, water, and protein grams look good, but where is the creatine, BCAAs, green tea, HOT-ROX, and multi-vitamin?

9. What are your weight lifting and cardio plans? They should tie into your diet plan.

10. How do you intend to track your progress?

[quote]Shire wrote:
Hello i’ll attempt to be concise as possible.

My objective is to lose fat.

Looking forward to any comments, suggestions-especially from the vets.

P.S. I view this plan as something I will stick to for the rest of my life i.e. a change in lifestyle. [/quote]

Just reading those lines I would think you’re a good candidate for the Velocity Diet. I have the same objective as you of losing fat, and I also wish for a change in my binge eating and a lifestyle change in general.

I’m on Day3 so far, and I feel great.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thank you Blue9Steel and Bmitch.

1. I can’t eat enough protein any other way as I am so busy studying and playing rugby/basketball.
    Also my diet has to be cost effective as i’m a student.

2. Don’t know.

3. I used to have oatmeal but it makes me sick. I remember Thibs saying that oats are good for western europeans i’m from back east, so I don’t know maybe its genetics.

4. I wouldn’t count it as a meal just a snack, but okay I will add some fat free cheese.

5. I’m a good cook especially with Indian food so I don’t have a problem with ti getting boring :slight_smile:

I’m not shooting for v-style dieting. I want to maintain this permanently.

1. I’m a relative newbie so I don’t really feel the need for this.

2. Every saturday I have a healthy carp up like brown rice.

3. I don’t drink green tea I like Indian style tea only.
    I do take HRX. Again i’m a newbie and don’t feel the need to take creatine and BCAA’s.
    I ensure my diet gives me everything I need in terms of vitamins and minerals.

4. My workout consists of full body workouts:

3x10(and a warm up set) for->

Squat
Bench
Shoulder Press
Deadlift
Bentover rows

Also I play Rugby 3 times a week and B-Ball twice a week.

1. I already track my progress by looking in the mirror, looking at the scales and i’ve also took a before shot 6 weeks ago.

P.S. do you think its okay to consume 6 whole eggs a day?(like could the cholesterol be an issue?)

Eggs have only been shown to raise good cholesterol as far as I know. And no it shouldn’t be a problem.