T Nation

Please Critique My Plan

ok i am in my transition phase of V-Diet, ive asked numerous questions, read even more articles, took notes etc etc and came up with a plan post V-Diet. im down about 22# to about 223. im gonna eat clean and do starting strength for 4 weeks, then i want to do the "Destroying Fat" program by Thibs on this site.

i would like to be critiqued 1st on my sample day of eating then on my exercises i have chosen for the "destroying fat program." and any other suggestions...thanks in advance to anyone who helps out!

food AM lifting
5am wake
515 SURGE WOF
530 workout
630 SURGE RECOVERY
7AM 3 egg white, 1 whole egg, no-fat cheese, 4 slices turkey bacon, 1 serving Steel cut oatmeal
10AM APPLE,6 oz low fat cheese
1PM salad with chicken breast(s) (i dont use dressings)
4pm Low Carb Metabolic Drive shake w/water
7pm steak/chicken/porkchop steamed green beans, maybe plain salad
9pm 6oz cheese or 2 tblspoon of natural peanut butter

basically same if i lift at 6 pm Surge WOF b4 then recovery right after. similar meals. i dont like many vegetables other than lettuce, spinach (salads), green beans, pea pods and sometimes broccoli. ill post my lift routine for "destroying fat" next

Are you super tall, because you definitely don’t look 220ish in that photo.

Why everything no fat/low fat? If you’re going to cut out carbs you can’t cut out fat and vice versa. Otherwise you’re just eating protein.

Besides, egg whites taste like shit.

HEAVY DAYS FOR DESTROYING FAT PROGRAM

Chest/Back
A1. DB press 4-6
REST 60-90
A2. chest supported rows 4-6
REST 60-90
B1.DB flies 6-8
REST 60
B2. chest supported shrugs 6-8
REST 60
REPEAT THIS 5 X, THEN CAN MIX IN BICEP CURLS OR TRICEP WORK, 2-3 SETS MAX AT END.
quad/ham
A1. Squats
REST 60-90
A2. Romain Deadlift
REST 60-90
B1. Dumbell Lunges
REST 1 MIN
B2. leg press
REST 1 MIN repeat this 5 times!

LACTATE-INDUCING LIFTING

CIRCUIT 1 (12-15RPM) 3X NO REST THEN 2MIN REST

A1. BB BENCH
A2. STATIC LUNGES
A3. BENT ROWS
A4. ROMANIAN DL’S
A5. DECLINE CRUNCH OR AB ROLLOUT.

CIRCUIT 2 (15-20 REP)

B1. OVERHEAD SHOULDER PRESS
B2. SQUAT
B3. RACK PULLS
B4. SINGLE LEG DL W/DB
B5. PLANK HOLD 1 MIN.

PLEASE CRITIQUE AWAY ON BOTH ROUTINES IM OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS.

[quote]conorh wrote:
Are you super tall, because you definitely don’t look 220ish in that photo.

Why everything no fat/low fat? If you’re going to cut out carbs you can’t cut out fat and vice versa. Otherwise you’re just eating protein.

Besides, egg whites taste like shit.[/quote]

im 6’1" not sure scale at gym said 223 this morning down from 245 at begin v-diet. def still have a gut. so i should have say 4 whole eggs in morning? and just eat reg cheese on those snacks? say i have a block of cheddar and cut off 6 oz servings? thanks for your input i really appreciate it. everything seems like info overload for a newb like

whoops forgot to add will be taking Flameout and HOT-ROX.

man over 100 people have looked at this and no comments? can someone help please?!?!?!? i cant believe no one has an opinion on anything i have written here!

This isn’t MensHealth.com, we don’t care when people who don’t have any muscle want to get lean.

[quote]f-cann96 wrote:
man over 100 people have looked at this and no comments? can someone help please?!?!?!? i cant believe no one has an opinion on anything i have written here! [/quote]

Be patient. Your diet is OK from a health stand-point (but as conorh mentioned, you appear to be trying to cut out too much fat). Fat intake is crucial to fat loss. You just need to get a balance of fats i.e. saturated fat needs to be reduced for virtually everyone as well as an increase in good fats. (read John Berardi and Eric Serrano’s stuff) Berardi’s Precision Nutrition is an exceptional collection of nutritional guidance.
First you need to state specific goals to get any instructional help with your plan. It appears as though you are wanting to get lean. If you want to also add muscle, it would effect your strategy via diet and exercise.
For example: if you are wanting to get big and strong (and who doesn’t?)bust your butt in the gym (again, your training age will dictate how to train) and eat grilled lean meat and plenty of veggies 5-6 times a day (particularly green leafy types as well as broccoli, cauliflower and others in this group).
I know this is a pretty simplistic statement but if you just do this you will progress in strength, leanness and mass. I’ve personally done this several times with success (several times because of injuries and long lay-offs and being lazy) although I am currently being much more disciplined and specific with my diet. (again, Berardi!)
Please state your goals and be specific. (Bf% goals, mass building?, actual age?, training age? etc.) Take some time and really explain what you’re after.

sorry, i thought i had wrote too much as is! i guess i was more after how my lift routine was looking for the “destroying fat” program. if it looked effective etc…i know the diet is an ongoing process. i actually have PN on the way but it was on back order. i have since changed from lower fat to a little higher, with whole eggs and “regular” cheese.

I’m 26 years old,My goals are to lean out, i really dont care about scale weight and bf %. i know right now leaning and building muscle is tough, so i want to focus on getting lean then maybe go on a bulking or strength program to build muscle. hope that helps a little bit.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
This isn’t MensHealth.com, we don’t care when people who don’t have any muscle want to get lean.[/quote]

nice buddy thanks. so i guess i should build a whole bunch of muscle before i can ask questions on this site. good to know.

[quote]f-cann96 wrote:
ok i am in my transition phase of V-Diet, ive asked numerous questions, read even more articles, took notes etc etc and came up with a plan post V-Diet. im down about 22# to about 223. im gonna eat clean and do starting strength for 4 weeks, then i want to do the “Destroying Fat” program by Thibs on this site.

i would like to be critiqued 1st on my sample day of eating then on my exercises i have chosen for the “destroying fat program.” and any other suggestions…thanks in advance to anyone who helps out!

food AM lifting
5am wake
515 SURGE WOF
530 workout
630 SURGE RECOVERY
7AM 3 egg white, 1 whole egg, no-fat cheese, 4 slices turkey bacon, 1 serving Steel cut oatmeal

basically same if i lift at 6 pm Surge WOF b4 then recovery right after. similar meals. i dont like many vegetables other than lettuce, spinach (salads), green beans, pea pods and sometimes broccoli. ill post my lift routine for “destroying fat” next

[/quote]

Have you figured out how many calories this is? Have you figured out how many calories you need to eat to maintain your current weight? I’m not a big fan of eating anything after 6-7pm especially a bunch of peanut butter and cheese.
Give this a read, it gives a formula to figure out the number of calories that you need.

Until you have your diet straightened out what you do in the gym is almost meaningless.

… you do realize you’re on a BODYBUILDING website don’t you?

[quote]f-cann96 wrote:
ok i am in my transition phase of V-Diet, ive asked numerous questions, read even more articles, took notes etc etc and came up with a plan post V-Diet. im down about 22# to about 223. im gonna eat clean and do starting strength for 4 weeks, then i want to do the “Destroying Fat” program by Thibs on this site.

i would like to be critiqued 1st on my sample day of eating then on my exercises i have chosen for the “destroying fat program.” and any other suggestions…thanks in advance to anyone who helps out!

food AM lifting
5am wake
515 SURGE WOF
530 workout
630 SURGE RECOVERY

basically same if i lift at 6 pm Surge WOF b4 then recovery right after. similar meals. i dont like many vegetables other than lettuce, spinach (salads), green beans, pea pods and sometimes broccoli. ill post my lift routine for “destroying fat” next

[/quote]

Also if you eat this much cheese it will be a miracle if you ever take a dump :wink:

[quote]flanker6 wrote:
f-cann96 wrote:

food AM lifting
5am wake
515 SURGE WOF
530 workout
630 SURGE RECOVERY

Also if you eat this much cheese it will be a miracle if you ever take a dump :wink:
[/quote]

just 2 servings! i can get that stuff through pretty well! plus flax in mid afternoon shake and ill pop some fiber choice tablets as needed. appreciate the concern though! that is a big one!

Get Thibs’ Black Book of Training. There is a ton of info you can use for years for training programming.
Also, try to train at the same time every day if possible. Weight training in the morning before you eat is generally a bad idea. Are you doing your A1 and A2 exercises 5 times before moving on to the B1 and B2 exercises? (You should be). Can you train twice a day?

I personally get the best results from a leaning aspect by trying to add mass while eating “clean”. Everyone is different though so you’ll have to find out what works best for you through trial and error. That’s where everyone is the same!
Alwyn Cosgrove has a great book out ( New Rules of Training?). He is also a great resource for body comp training.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
… you do realize you’re on a BODYBUILDING website don’t you?[/quote]

precisely why i am asking questions to people who would have the most experience. why not give advice or atleast something constructive instead of being a dick. your’e not hurting my feelings in the least. why waste your time?

My advice would be to gain a lot of muscle and be a big strong guy before you consider getting very lean.

[quote]J L Erwin wrote:
Get Thibs’ Black Book of Training. There is a ton of info you can use for years for training programming.
Also, try to train at the same time every day if possible. Weight training in the morning before you eat is generally a bad idea. Are you doing your A1 and A2 exercises 5 times before moving on to the B1 and B2 exercises? (You should be). Can you train twice a day?

I personally get the best results from a leaning aspect by trying to add mass while eating “clean”. Everyone is different though so you’ll have to find out what works best for you through trial and error. That’s where everyone is the same!
Alwyn Cosgrove has a great book out ( New Rules of Training?). He is also a great resource for body comp training.[/quote]

yes you do all the A exercises then move to b. i havent actually done this yet, just to be clear, thats why i wanted to make sure i had it right, i am in 1st week of transition of V-Diet. per Thibs’ response, i am taking a few weeks off from dieting and gonna just train hard and eat clean. He also says in his article its best to lift in am when testosterone levels are highest.

i can train 2x a day, or in his program its twice a couple days a week with the alactic training i think its called. should i get a shake in before the workout? i was thinking the Surge WOF would be enough pre-workout but should i be having a protein source before that then the Surge as well? thanks for your help.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
My advice would be to gain a lot of muscle and be a big strong guy before you consider getting very lean.[/quote]

thanks for the advice. im apprehensive about trying to gain a bunch with the size of my gut i guess.