Please Critique My Deadlift

Hello,

I hit a new personal best on the deadlift.

I pulled 190 kilograms (418 pounds) at a bodyweight of 70.1 kilograms (154.2 pounds).

I’ve been watching the video and I’m not sure if my form was good or not. It looks like my back is rounded but it did not feel rounded during the lift and I did not feel any unusual pain while pulling.

Could someone please give me feedback on my form?

I’m using a mixed grip, along with some chalk for my hands and a lifting belt. No wraps, sleeves or any other accessory.

On a side note, loving how the guy filming me said “…from India, representing India”.

What is this, the olympics? Had I not been psyching myself up for the lift and hence tuned out everything around me, I would have heard that and burst out laughing and the lift would have had to wait for another day.

First, congrats on a strong pull.

But, you essentially stiff leg deadlift this most of the way, remember it is a pull, not a barbell standup.

I used to have about the same technique. I fixed this by concentrating on chest up, pull back, and hump the bar once it’s past your knees to lock out.

Also, upon watching it again, you need to get closer to the bar. I like to step up, look down and see that the bar is over my mid foot, then dip grip and rip.

Hopefully this helps.

Nice pull. You’ve got a lot more in you
with some technique work.

Viking nailed it with his suggestions.

I just might add; get your ass down more
before you pull, come off the floor using
your legs, and drive through your heels.

You have some big pulls in your future.

Rick

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:
First, congrats on a strong pull.

But, you essentially stiff leg deadlift this most of the way, remember it is a pull, not a barbell standup.

I used to have about the same technique. I fixed this by concentrating on chest up, pull back, and hump the bar once it’s past your knees to lock out.

Also, upon watching it again, you need to get closer to the bar. I like to step up, look down and see that the bar is over my mid foot, then dip grip and rip.

Hopefully this helps.

[/quote]

Agreed…Nice Strength / Poor Form

I used to do the same thing as well. Your legs and back should move in correlation to each other, so that both lock out at the top of the lift at the same time.

man this is how I pull too…hips rise first, when like the others said it should be in correlation.
strong pull though, good job!

Thank you for all your feedback and encouragement people.

I’ll work on my technique first with lighter weights and then attempt my max next time.