Please Critique My Bulking Diet

I am planning to bulk and have come up with the following plan to start with. I would appreciate any comments that anyone may have. I am 173lbs @10% and looking to gain weight slowly to ensure a positive muscle/fat gain. I will check my weight every two weeks and add calories as needed.

What does everyone feel is a reasonable amount of weight to gain each week?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

05:00 1 scoop Low-Carb Grow!
Prunes

06:00 Training sessions ? Gatorade 32 oz.
07:00 Post w/o Surge

09:00 1 scoop Low-Carb Grow!
? cup Oatmeal
1 serving prunes
1 cup of low-fat yogurt

12:00 6 oz. Beef
? cup almonds
1 cup broccoli
1 tbsp. Olive oil
1 cup full fat yogurt

15:00 1 scoop Low-Carb Grow!
? cup kidney beans
? cup sharp cheese
? cup shaved almonds

18:00 6 oz. Chicken
1 cup rice
Small Spinach salad
1 yam
Snack size ice cream sandwich

21:00 1 cup cottage cheese (2%)
? cup frozen blueberries

Total Calories: 3300 approx:40/40/20

looks good.

give it a go and see

weekly 1-2 lbs natural. if less than a lb a week eat more.

that is to limit fat gain

hope that helps anf let us know how it goes,
phill

You look light on Omega-3. I’d add (or swap in if you think you’ve hit the correct number of Kcals) some amount of fish, fish oil caps or flaxseed oil.

Switch your 12:00 with your 18:00 meal. Especially with the rice (brown or white?) and the ice cream sandwich, the glycemic index/carb content of that meal will be high (if not the highest). You want to get those carbs in closer to your workout, and earlier in your day. Also with the spinach salad make sure you’re putting a low-fat dressing (or better yet just garlic and vinegar) on it.

I would also be having 2 scoops of Grow! with your immediate post workout meal at 9:00. This is your window to grow and your body needs the extra protein and calories.

On another note I don’t see as many veggies as I’d like to. Maybe look into some greens powder if you don’t think you’ll eat more.

Also I don’t know how many prunes you’re counting as a serving, but you might have some intestinal distress with that much fiber.

[quote]T-Bone2 wrote:
You look light on Omega-3. I’d add (or swap in if you think you’ve hit the correct number of Kcals) some amount of fish, fish oil caps or flaxseed oil.[/quote]

This too.

[quote]T-Bone2 wrote:
You look light on Omega-3. I’d add (or swap in if you think you’ve hit the correct number of Kcals) some amount of fish, fish oil caps or flaxseed oil.[/quote]

Thanks. I will do that.

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
Switch your 12:00 with your 18:00 meal. Especially with the rice (brown or white?) and the ice cream sandwich, the glycemic index/carb content of that meal will be high (if not the highest). You want to get those carbs in closer to your workout, and earlier in your day. Also with the spinach salad make sure you’re putting a low-fat dressing (or better yet just garlic and vinegar) on it.

I would also be having 2 scoops of Grow! with your immediate post workout meal at 9:00. This is your window to grow and your body needs the extra protein and calories.

On another note I don’t see as many veggies as I’d like to. Maybe look into some greens powder if you don’t think you’ll eat more.

Also I don’t know how many prunes you’re counting as a serving, but you might have some intestinal distress with that much fiber.[/quote]

Thanks! Great advice.