C92563W - POWER RACK
http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/92563.html

C-92552W - SUPER POWER RACK
http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/92552.html

C-PRO92560-TITAN POWER CAGE
http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/pro92560.html

C-96031W - VERTICAL OPEN RACK
http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/96031.html

I have about $350 to invest on a powerrack. I also need to buy an adjustable bench. Any recomendations?

Sasage-
I looked at all of these before I bought my power rack.
I ended up getting one from EliteFitness.
It was more expensive, and seems to be beyond your budget, but their equipment is great, they’ve been really helpful and the extra $$$ gets forgotten years later but the rack will still be there and useful and able to handle what you are lifting.

I would get the first of the list of four. It will do everything that you need and still keep you in your budget.

I Have to agree with Scottish there.
You can do whatever exercise you want and has a pull-up handle.

Moe

The first one or one like it is a better investment because it will serve you well into the future (no need to upgrade) and it’s more versatile.

I found a great deal locally on a very slightly used Parabody cage that someone had traded in for something else.

Don’t forget to figure shipping costs when looking at price and I suggest that you try to save a little more if necessary to get what you really want. The full cage is definately the way to go.

I have the first rack and I am very pleased with it. It is very sturdy and use it about 4 times a week. I have had no problems with it. Its a good investment.

Definitely one of the first two. I also noticed that both of them say “free freight” which is always good.

I have heard some bad stories about newyorkbarbells.com

Another T-Nation user also had a bad experience that he posted a few months back.

But if you do decide to go with them, the first one is definitely the better option. They also sell the cable attachments, dip handles, plate tree attachment, etc. You’ll also have the pull-up bar, so depending on the reliability of the company, it looks like a worthwhile investment.

I bought the first one about a year ago. It does all I need, fit my budget, and has held up extremely well. It was also delivered sooner then they said it would.

You owe it to yourself to check out the racks at www.elitefts.com

Everybody has an opinion, and mine is just one of them. It seems like everyone I have spoken to- has found that York equipment is not up to snuff. Look around and see what is out there before you buy. I highly recommend you find a power rack with 1 inch hole spacing. I looked at the York site in your post. I don?t see a model with 1 inch hole spacing. It may not sound like much, but if you are lifting at home, without a spotter, you will be disappointed with anything built with 2 inch spacing.

If your choice is between the York power rack and advanced couch sitting, then your choice is clear. Know this, if you are still lifting in 2 years, you will want to step up to the Elite model. Sooner or later, you will trade up.

Top of the line equipment lasts a lifetime and is worth the investment.

Just my 2 cents.

I appreciate your input but I am on a budget and am currently a student finishing high school then off to college. I just do not have the money to invest in a powerrack that expensive, although I would like to.

[quote]Sasage wrote:
I appreciate your input but I am on a budget and am currently a student finishing high school then off to college. I just do not have the money to invest in a powerrack that expensive, although I would like to.[/quote]

Hey man, I remember those days. 400 bucks was 2 months pay. I just wish I had the insight to start lifting back then.

The first rack on your list seems like a good choice for you.

Good Luck

I’m also trying to find some used equipment but I haven’t seen any. Are there any websites that cater to this sort of thing?

If you are looking for a decent inexpensive rack Dunhams (in Michigan) has a Weider model on sale right now for $109 (normally $300). Not the best but you can’t beat the price. I have gone to the store to check it out and it seems pretty stout. I have an older Weider rack that is too shallow and plan on purchasing this one soon. Gotta go with what the budget allows

Sasage,

I think you should go with the NY Barbells rack (I plan on getting the super power rack from them in the future, it has larger dimensions than the other NYBB rack). I know of people who have purchased racks from them and said for a home gym they are great. Sure they aren’t as nice as the EFS racks, but for what you need and your budget it will do the trick nicely. As far as the 1" hole spacing goes, yeah the elite racks have it, but for a rack with 2" hole spacings, just slide a sheet of 1" thick plywood under your bench and you can get those 1" increments the Elite rack offers (a tip Louie made on the Westside tapes). If you could afford the Elite rack, of course that would win hands down, but if you are on a budget, go with the New York Barbells rack, their shipping time is excellent, there are no shipping fees on the rack, and they have a lifetime guarantee, and a full money back guarantee. You will probably be happy with your purchase. Then, down the road when you are making big bucks, go with the Elite stuff!:wink:

Does anyone know of anyplace that sells dip attatchments for powerracks? I have seen them at some places for over $100.

This is the power rack I got a couple of weeks ago; it comes with dip bars. I love the rack and the dip bars, but the pullup bar sucks, IMHO.

http://store.yahoo.com/bigfit/powerrack.html

[quote]Sasage wrote:
Does anyone know of anyplace that sells dip attatchments for powerracks? I have seen them at some places for over $100.[/quote]

What’s wrong with the pullup bar?