Please Check Out My Program

Is what im doing Here efficient for growth?

Monday
Decline bench
Flat bench
Tricep dips
Skull crushers
Push ups

Wednesday
Over hand pull ups
Chin ups
Db rows
Curls
Hammer curls

Friday
Db squats
Db lunges
Calf raises
Db shoulder press (seated)
Side raises
Face pulls

Saturday off
Sunday off

Each exercise is done for three sets with 6 to 12 reps.

I have found that I make better strength gains from a lower frequency programme but is what im doing optimal for growth?

Thanks

It kind of just lacks any “substance”, DB squats and lunges the only things you do for your legs outside of some calf raises? Why not just get on my beginners program that is 3-4x a week and proven?

EDIT: and not to be mean, but saying you make better strength progress from low frequency is just not correct. You are a beginner, you don’t know what you make the best strength progress on because literally anything is going to work to an extent for you right now.

[quote]cparker wrote:
It kind of just lacks any “substance”, DB squats and lunges the only things you do for your legs outside of some calf raises? Why not just get on my beginners program that is 3-4x a week and proven?

EDIT: and not to be mean, but saying you make better strength progress from low frequency is just not correct. You are a beginner, you don’t know what you make the best strength progress on because literally anything is going to work to an extent for you right now.[/quote]

Ok i hear what you’re saying. The issue is, is that the only gym i have access to is crap. It has one leg machine with next to no weight on. There is dumbells up to 35 kg, a curl bar, a smith machine with about 100 kg of plates and thats about it.

Until i can get some transport together this is what im stuck with.

Where can i view your program?

It’s really not very good, for many reasons.

I highly recommend you spend some time reading articles on here and even past forum posts – educate yourself now and save yourself wasted time in the future.

[quote]dimebag87 wrote:
Thanks [/quote]

What about this. I suppose I’ll have to get a bus to the gym in town.

[quote]dimebag87 wrote:
Ok i hear what you’re saying. The issue is, is that the only gym i have access to is crap. It has one leg machine with next to no weight on. There is dumbells up to 35 kg, a curl bar, a smith machine with about 100 kg of plates and thats about it.

[/quote]

I think it would be a good idea for you to consider how much money and time you are willing to put towards your goals of getting bigger and stronger before you go much further with this. Put a figure to both of these, then think what can this buy me? Can I justify the time/money of getting to another gym? Can I justify starting to invest in equipment to train at home? Is a ix and match approach best?

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]dimebag87 wrote:

[/quote]

I think it would be a good idea for you to consider how much money and time you are willing to put towards your goals of getting bigger and stronger before you go much further with this. Put a figure to both of these, then think what can this buy me? Can I justify the time/money of getting to another gym? Can I justify starting to invest in equipment to train at home? Is a ix and match approach best?[/quote]

Well the training means a lot. To be honest I have been at it for a year now but made no progress due to screwing my shoulder up and general dumb training (hopefully got this ironed out now). Ill catch the bus three times a week until I can get a motorbike soon. Plus I don’t go out drinking or anything like that so this is good at filling my time.

Is the bench press a barbell free weight station?

If so, try throwing in some bottom-up box squatting. That and some dumbbell clean & presses will have you off to a good start. Also Bulgarian split squats, one arm dumbbell snatches, Turkish get-ups…

When the hand you’re dealt is sub-par, your creativity must compensate.

[quote]TX iron wrote:
Is the bench press a barbell free weight station?

If so, try throwing in some bottom-up box squatting. That and some dumbbell clean & presses will have you off to a good start. Also Bulgarian split squats, one arm dumbbell snatches, Turkish get-ups…

When the hand you’re dealt is sub-par, your creativity must compensate. [/quote]

Ok thanks :slight_smile:

Nothing about diet…

I think I’ve got the diet stuff nailed thanks. I just need to sort some correct training so i actually grow :slight_smile: