Please Check My Squat Form

Im quite proud of how my form is coming along.
-6’1 @170lb
-wide stance
-long femur, sit back squatter (a la Layne Norton build)

Nice squats buddy. You are very tall and lean haha. Normally I don’t like wider, sit-way-back squats as much, but I think it’s working very well for you. Overall, I don’t have much to critique.

I think you are in a little danger of your chest dropping more and more as you get stronger. Right now, your chest is coming up just a half-second slower than your hips, but I worry that, as you get more and more weight on the bar, it could get worse. One thing that might help is paying attention to your head position - for the most part you keep your head neutral, eyes mostly forward, but I notised as I watched the videos a few times that right as you are coming out of the hole, your head and eyes come down just a tiny bit, which could be part of why your chest is dropping just the slightest amount. Be very careful to keep your eyes fixed forward and not let your head drop down, and I think that that alone will help keep your chest and hips rising at the same time.

Other than that, my only advice is to eat and get bigger. A guy as tall and lean as you could add a lottt of good mass, and that will help your squat a lot. Overall, form looks great. Keep eating and lifting and you are going to make a lot of progress.

[quote]N.K. wrote:
Nice squats buddy. You are very tall and lean haha. Normally I don’t like wider, sit-way-back squats as much, but I think it’s working very well for you. Overall, I don’t have much to critique.

I think you are in a little danger of your chest dropping more and more as you get stronger. Right now, your chest is coming up just a half-second slower than your hips, but I worry that, as you get more and more weight on the bar, it could get worse. One thing that might help is paying attention to your head position - for the most part you keep your head neutral, eyes mostly forward, but I notised as I watched the videos a few times that right as you are coming out of the hole, your head and eyes come down just a tiny bit, which could be part of why your chest is dropping just the slightest amount. Be very careful to keep your eyes fixed forward and not let your head drop down, and I think that that alone will help keep your chest and hips rising at the same time.

Other than that, my only advice is to eat and get bigger. A guy as tall and lean as you could add a lottt of good mass, and that will help your squat a lot. Overall, form looks great. Keep eating and lifting and you are going to make a lot of progress. [/quote]
Much appreciated and i agreee with everything you stated. Currently consuming 3.5k calories a day and stuck at 170lbs. I was 150lbs 9 months ago so progress is progress. Im young and have a fast metabolism, so hopefully in a few years itll slow down so i can gain weight a bit easier.

And about the head position, i look down because if i keep my head up i loose tightness in my upperback and i actually begin to round. As i was squatting i also noticed that my head tucked even more to keep the bar more secure on the ascend. So what i am going to try tonight is tuck my chin in even more from the start and see how that goes, and i might as well try with my head up.

bump