Please Attack Iran!

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Oh, and an attack on embassy staff on sovereign US soil is an egregious act of unprovoked war. Jimmy Carter should’ve immediately declared war on Iran in Nov 1979.[/quote]

Don’t you think it’s kind of naive to be putting all the blame on that episode on one guy? I mean, the whole US political system stinks, it stunk then and it stinks now.

Anyway, on another point - wasn’t that douche-bag Oliver North somehow involved in the Iran hostage fiasco? How the fuck does a dick weed weasel like that get his own TV show. Da fuck yo?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

I think that is a more accurate description using the neighborhood analogy when applied to US-Iran relations. We’ve tried your jingoist kill-em-all approach nincompoop, that’s why we have these problems with Iran in the first place.

[/quote]

I don’t remember ever trying that approach. I remember the Iran/Azerbaijan crisis in '46 when Stalin refused to end Soviet occupation of Iranian territory and oilfields after repeated assurances. I remember the Soviet/Islamist petro-nationalisation movement and the Islamist/Soviet assassination of the pro-Western PM in '51. I remember Churchill’s and later Eisenhower’s support for the Shah and operation AJAX/TRAJAX project.

I remember the Iranian revolution and the hostage crisis. I remember Jimmy Carter fucking around for ages and the failed rescue attempt. I remember the support for Saddam in the Iran/Iraq war. The Iranian backed truckbombing of US Marine barracks in the Lebanon. The weapons for hostages. But I don’t remember the ‘kill-em-all approach’ ever being taken.

HH was talking about the US launching a nuclear strike on Iran BTW. I think it’s some sort of trolling attempt or something.[/quote]
That’s what the Iran-Iraq War was. USA prodded Saddam and enabled him to take down the Iranian’s at all costs. It resulted in a million Iranians dead. It’s the reason they all want us dead now.[/quote]

Do they have a crystal ball? Is that why they kidnapped 52 US embassy staff BEFORE the Iran-Iraq war?[/quote]
They did that to force the US out of Iranian domestic affairs. Do you remeber the 40 years the USA held the entirety of Iran hsotage via a Dicator known as the Shah?

Anyone who thinks Iran is anything more than a nerd turned school shooter has loss their mind. Iranian aggression is not a product of Islam, it’s a product of global harassment and violent abuse by the Western powers. It doens’t change the fact they are now vicious, but to somehow put the culpability on them, is probably the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

If you read Iran-US history you will soon learn that the USA has done everything to end democracy in Iran and then take bloodthirsty vengeance on her people. Read the history.

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

I think that is a more accurate description using the neighborhood analogy when applied to US-Iran relations. We’ve tried your jingoist kill-em-all approach nincompoop, that’s why we have these problems with Iran in the first place.

[/quote]

I don’t remember ever trying that approach. I remember the Iran/Azerbaijan crisis in '46 when Stalin refused to end Soviet occupation of Iranian territory and oilfields after repeated assurances. I remember the Soviet/Islamist petro-nationalisation movement and the Islamist/Soviet assassination of the pro-Western PM in '51. I remember Churchill’s and later Eisenhower’s support for the Shah and operation AJAX/TRAJAX project.

I remember the Iranian revolution and the hostage crisis. I remember Jimmy Carter fucking around for ages and the failed rescue attempt. I remember the support for Saddam in the Iran/Iraq war. The Iranian backed truckbombing of US Marine barracks in the Lebanon. The weapons for hostages. But I don’t remember the ‘kill-em-all approach’ ever being taken.

HH was talking about the US launching a nuclear strike on Iran BTW. I think it’s some sort of trolling attempt or something.[/quote]
That’s what the Iran-Iraq War was. USA prodded Saddam and enabled him to take down the Iranian’s at all costs. It resulted in a million Iranians dead. It’s the reason they all want us dead now.[/quote]

Do they have a crystal ball? Is that why they kidnapped 52 US embassy staff BEFORE the Iran-Iraq war?[/quote]
They did that to force the US out of Iranian domestic affairs. Do you remeber the 40 years the USA held the entirety of Iran hsotage via a Dicator known as the Shah?[/quote]

Read through the quote of mine above. Namely, ‘I remember Churchill’s and later Eisenhower’s support for the Shah and operation AJAX/TRAJAX project’. And the US didn’t hold ‘the entirety of Iran hostage via…the Shah’. The Shah made Iran the most liberal and free muslim country in the entire Middle East. Under the Shah’s rule women attended university and worked in professional occupations. Islamic fundamentalists were suppressed. In addition, it was Churchill who began support for the Shah not the US. Eisenhower was reluctant.

Following the revolution Iran became an Islamic fundamentalist oligarchy and millions of educated Iranians fled. The Ayatollah Khomeini brought down the legal marriage age to 9. Your argument that the Shah’s rule was bad for the country is utterly ridiculous.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:

Don’t you think it’s kind of naive to be putting all the blame on that episode on one guy? I mean, the whole US political system stinks, it stunk then and it stinks now.

[/quote]

I’m not putting all the blame on Carter but he is generally considered to be the worst President of modern times.

Yes he was. I’d be more upset about people like Adam Kokesh and Alex Jones getting their own shows though.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[/quote]

They did that to force the US out of Iranian domestic affairs. Do you remeber the 40 years the USA held the entirety of Iran hsotage via a Dicator known as the Shah?[/quote]

Read through the quote of mine above. Namely, ‘I remember Churchill’s and later Eisenhower’s support for the Shah and operation AJAX/TRAJAX project’. And the US didn’t hold ‘the entirety of Iran hostage via…the Shah’. The Shah made Iran the most liberal and free muslim country in the entire Middle East. Under the Shah’s rule women attended university and worked in professional occupations. Islamic fundamentalists were suppressed. In addition, it was Churchill who began support for the Shah not the US. Eisenhower was reluctant.

Following the revolution Iran became an Islamic fundamentalist oligarchy and millions of educated Iranians fled. The Ayatollah Khomeini brought down the legal marriage age to 9. Your argument that the Shah’s rule was bad for the country is utterly ridiculous.[/quote]

You call the wasteful opulence of the Shah just? He built magnificent palace’s while his people suffered from dire poverty. You call the SAVAK an instrument of freedom? The Shah was BS, and any reforms he implemented were simply to appear more Western and not actually progressive. Mossadeq was a progressive, and he was deposed by the CIA and MI6. Iran is not an oligarchy, Iran is a Republic based off Plato’s book by the same name. You can put fingers in your ears and say nah nah nah all you want, but it doesn’t chagne the fact that women DO get educated in Iran, they are involved in public dialogue and argue with men (watch Iranian TV on youtube), and that Iran has both Jew and Christian senators, despite the inevitable “OH THE JEWS” line you’re about to pull. Iran is messed up, but it’s not THAT messed up, TBH Saudi Arabia is far more f*ed up than Iran will ever be. If you dislike the Aytatollah, you have the Shah to thank for that because his pandering to Western powers and suppression of Islam is what resulted in him coming into power. Had the USA/UK never interfered Iran would probably be just a secular Republic with a large and influential Muslim population ala Turkey.

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

You call the wasteful opulence of the Shah just? He built magnificent palace’s while his people suffered from dire poverty. You call the SAVAK an instrument of freedom?

[/quote]

No. I call it the lesser of evils.

Utter nonsense. The Shah spent 35 years bringing in gradual reforms which, as I have said, transformed Iran into a modern, liberal country. All this was reversed by the Islamic revolution.

Mossadeq was a petro-nationalisation extremist supported by the Tudeh Party(Communist Party of Iran).

You fucking kidding me? Have you ever read Plato’s Republic? Go google it lad. You’re making yourself look silly.

Thank you I shall. Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah!..Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah!..Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah!..Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah!

Get real. Compare womens’ right before and after the revolution.

Funny that. I always thought the Iranian senate was abolished after the '79 revolution and replaced by the Islamic Consultative Assembly.

Whatever.

However ‘messed up’ is irrelevent. It is amongst the most serious threats to world peace and stability.

Depends what you mean. Iran is much more dangerous to the world. Only private individuals in Saudi Arabia export terror. The Iranian government has been exporting terrorism since '79.

Nonsense. The Iranian revolution began as a democratic reform movement and was hijacked by Islamists. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

So you’ve got a crystal ball too?

SexMachine get real. Here is a refutation for you.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2009/06/iran-as-platos-republic/

http://benatlas.com/2009/06/khomeinis-veleyat-e-faqih-iran-as-platos-republic/

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

http://benatlas.com/2009/06/khomeinis-veleyat-e-faqih-iran-as-platos-republic/[/quote]

That’s not a refutation. The fact that Khomeini might’ve got some ideas from Plato’s Republic means nothing. Firstly, Plato’s Republic is NOT a model for a state.

“The Republic does not bring to light the best possible regime but rather the nature of political things - the nature of the city” - Cicero.

Secondly, the theocratic oligarchy of Iran bears no resemblence whatsoever to the fourth century Marxism of Plato’s Republic.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

http://benatlas.com/2009/06/khomeinis-veleyat-e-faqih-iran-as-platos-republic/[/quote]

That’s not a refutation. The fact that Khomeini might’ve got some ideas from Plato’s Republic means nothing. Firstly, Plato’s Republic is NOT a model for a state.

“The Republic does not bring to light the best possible regime but rather the nature of political things - the nature of the city” - Cicero.

Secondly, the theocratic oligarchy of Iran bears no resemblence whatsoever to the fourth century Marxism of Plato’s Republic.[/quote]
Have you even read the book? Iran is practically a spitting image. It is a democracy with a Philosopher King and a Vanguard of Principle alongside it. If you can’t see the parralels, the n you’ve never read the book.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]TheSin wrote:
@Headhunter i’d like to disagree with you but i feel your right in regards to one of THOSE countries attacking first. The problem is noone wins if ww3 breaksout. The arsenals of all these countries is terrifying beyond belief and would make both ww1+ww2 combined look like childs play!![/quote]

We always waited to be attacked before. If we do that this time, most of us will die. We have to choose between 20 million American dead, or 250 million American dead.[/quote]

No, it’s a choice between EVERYONE dying and EVERYONE dying.

You can’t just start nuking countries because they may or may not want to strike first and expect everyone else in the world to be okay with it. If one nuke flies, they all fly.

haven’t you guys figured out HeadHunter yet? ya’ll get trolled so easily…

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

Secondly, the theocratic oligarchy of Iran bears no resemblence whatsoever to the fourth century Marxism of Plato’s Republic.[/quote]
Have you even read the book? Iran is practically a spitting image. It is a democracy with a Philosopher King and a Vanguard of Principle alongside it. If you can’t see the parralels, the n you’ve never read the book.
[/quote]

I’d hardly ask you if you’ve read it then explain something about it if I hadn’t read it myself. I have also read philosophical works on The Republic including Bertrand Russell and Leo Strauss.

Granted the concept of the guardians loosely fits with the Ayatollahs. But ANY oligarchy fits that description to some extent. The Republic outlined a state where private property is almost entirely forbidden; where the means of production are in the hands of the state. It includes such things as a bizarre eugenics program based on state arranged marriages and naked co-ed military and gymnastics training for children and young adults. Children were not to be raised by their parents. The real value in The Republic lies in the Socratic dialogues on the nature of ‘justice’ and ‘truth’ - something you clearly missed.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
haven’t you guys figured out HeadHunter yet? ya’ll get trolled so easily…[/quote]

I did. Notice where I said ‘I think it’s some sort of trolling attempt or something’. Funny guy he is.

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:
You call the wasteful opulence of the Shah just? He built magnificent palace’s while his people suffered from dire poverty. You call the SAVAK an instrument of freedom? The Shah was BS, and any reforms he implemented were simply to appear more Western and not actually progressive. Mossadeq was a progressive, and he was deposed by the CIA and MI6. Iran is not an oligarchy, Iran is a Republic based off Plato’s book by the same name. You can put fingers in your ears and say nah nah nah all you want, but it doesn’t chagne the fact that women DO get educated in Iran, they are involved in public dialogue and argue with men (watch Iranian TV on youtube), and that Iran has both Jew and Christian senators, despite the inevitable “OH THE JEWS” line you’re about to pull. Iran is messed up, but it’s not THAT messed up, TBH Saudi Arabia is far more f*ed up than Iran will ever be. If you dislike the Aytatollah, you have the Shah to thank for that because his pandering to Western powers and suppression of Islam is what resulted in him coming into power. Had the USA/UK never interfered Iran would probably be just a secular Republic with a large and influential Muslim population ala Turkey.
[/quote]

He can’t hear you over his chants of USA! USA! USA! This nationalist nonsense still has many people mesmerized.

They can’t accept the fact that the US government is not God and is not divinely sanctioned to install its dictators (although they claim to want the spread of democracy. LOL) where ever they like. The Shah tortured and killed his own people. Fact.

A short history of Iran the US since WWII:
http://www.ericmargolis.com/political_commentaries/iran-and-the-west-a-history-of-violence.aspx

the “Republic” of Iran is closer to China’s “Republic” at the time of the Cultural Revolution than to anything else in history (or in philosophical theory).

the red guards became the “gardians of the revolution”. (Pasdaran e Enqelab)
the Grand Helmsman became the Grand Ayatollah
the little red book became the little green book

but that’s it.

these parallels are not coincidences. Both are cultural revolutions, and totalitarian in nature.

the main difference is that Iran actually have a public opinion, which is currently deprived of public expression and remain quite impotent. but still, it exists.

that being said, Attacking Iran now would be as useful as Rome trying to invade India in 485 A.D.
just another war you will loose. Or at least, not win.
and, at best, a great way to make Persian Land the Poland of the next three centuries.

you got more pressing problems to deal with. On your own continent.

[quote]kamui wrote:
that being said, Attacking Iran now would be as useful as Rome trying to invade India in 485 A.D.
just another war you will loose. Or at least, not win.
and, at best, a great way to make Persian Land the Poland of the next three centuries.

you got more pressing problems to deal with. On your own continent. [/quote]

But, but, I dont understand?

Should they attack Mexico?

Lol.
No, they should attack California. Or Texas.

[quote]kamui wrote:
Lol.
No, they should attack California. Or Texas.[/quote]

If they attacked Texas, Texas would win, which would, ironically, be a win for America.

:wink: