T Nation

Plazma Saves Elite CrossFitter

I teach the olympic lifts to crossfit athletes. Sometimes I do their whole training program, sometimes I don’t.

One of the girl I train won several competitions this year, posting olympic lifting number that would place her in the top 3 or 5 in the world of Crossfit (175lbs snatch, 210lbs clean & jerk). With those performances she was supposed to be a menace at this year’s games.

Sadly, I’m not doing her whole training plan. And just before the “open” began (the 5 weeks with 5 events that you must go through to qualify for the regionals, in which you can qualify for the games) she crashed BIG TIME. Overtrained to the gills, turned out 2 dismal performances in WODs she should have killed. She was so physically exhausted that she actually stopped getting out of her house.

So I had her on a PLAZMA/MAG-10 PULSE blitz for 6 days and told her not to train, just recover and let the products bring her muscles back to life.

Yesterday she went back to the gym and hit an easy 205lbs clean & jerk, close to her lifetime PR and she is back on track and eager to train. I hope it’s not too late to save her qualification now that she is back in top form.

Don’t forget that FATIGUE MASKS FITNESS… you might be the strongest, fittest, fastest… if you are not recovering you can never perform as well as you should!

I agree 100% with recovery being very important. Many people are worried about “overtraining” but they don’t realize its very easy to not be recovering fast enough to train how you want. My sister is really into CrossFit but its hard to get her to try Biotest supplements because “no other crossfit athletes at her gym use them.” She only uses their protein Progenex but hopefully someday I can talk her into trying PLAZMA or ANACONDA.

[quote]jtbrown0511 wrote:
I agree 100% with recovery being very important. Many people are worried about “overtraining” but they don’t realize its very easy to not be recovering fast enough to train how you want. My sister is really into CrossFit but its hard to get her to try Biotest supplements because “no other crossfit athletes at her gym use them.” She only uses their protein Progenex but hopefully someday I can talk her into trying PLAZMA or ANACONDA.[/quote]

Honestly, PLAZMA is formidable to maximize muscle growth from heavy lifting. But I feel that one of it’s greatest possible use is for Crossfit athletes: they have to do so much different things that they must do a ton of training volume per week. Not to mention the culture of crossfit that yu must go until you drop, and you have the perfect recipe for exceeding your capacity to recover if you do not help yourself.

I feel that MMA training falls into the same category.

CT did you have her on Power Drive as well?

[quote]coolusername wrote:
CT did you have her on Power Drive as well?[/quote]

Brain Candy, caffeine free

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

Brain Candy, caffeine free[/quote]

Cool. I can imagine these products benefitting crossfitters a ton but unfortunately many seem to be strict paleo dieters. too bad.

Cool. I can imagine these products benefitting crossfitters a ton but unfortunately many seem to be strict paleo dieters. too bad.[/quote]

If cavemen had access to PLAZMA they would have used it

hah i don’t doubt it!

Cool. I can imagine these products benefitting crossfitters a ton but unfortunately many seem to be strict paleo dieters. too bad.[/quote]

If cavemen had access to PLAZMA they would have used it[/quote]

I’ve had people tell me “you don’t need all that stuff.” I tell them, if I’m able to use the best supplementation out there to get the best results and the results I want then why wouldn’t I use them?

CrossFitters claiming to be Paleo is a bit of a farce in some cases. Many say they eat that way, but in the diet logs I’ve read of some of their top athletes, they also “cheat 2-3 times per week.” I’m not so sure you can claim to be Paleo if you’re not Paleo 40% of the week. It’s like a hipster “vegan” who’s only a vegan if someone is looking.

Now, many do keep their solid foods Paleo but supplement heavily in the “Paleo + Sports Supplements” fashion, which isn’t a bad plan for fat loss . I did this for almost a year, but had better results when I got on Indigo-3G and added more carbs (lots of rice.)

Very cool to hear.
Let us know how she does with 13.5 if you can!
And also if she manages to qual for regionals.

As a crossfitter, I have to say that Indigo/Anaconda/MAG-10 have made a huge difference in my training. Sometimes Crossfit programming can be retarded and it can burry you and leave you overtrained very easily, especially if you are putting it on top of a strength program, which has become the norm.

Since taking Anaconda and MAG-10, my recovery has gone up and I am able to handle high volume and interfering programming much better without overtraining, even when I decide to cut weight and restrict my calories. So big props to Biotest!

This is awesome, as crossfitter (sort of) who just started Plazma… its cool to see that the crazy volume of this type of training can be handled.

I actually have two crossfit girls on PLAZMA, both who should qualify for regionals. I honestly believe that PLAZMA can be secret weapon for any serious CrossFitters. They need to do such a large amount of volume to be able to be good at everything that I think no sports (except maybe for MMA) would benefit more from PLAZMA than Crossfit.