Playstation 4 Announced

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Also video game discussions are usually in the Geek S**t threads.

Ah my apologies, I never realised, I suppose I should post about individual titles there in future.

No Killzone gameplay as of yet, just theatrics. However, it does look really, really good. Some people are saying the textures and over all design look like PS3 but with a little added polish and shine. But to me, looking at the character models, it looks like character design has come a long way from what it used to be, even in the last Killzone title. The skin and sweat reflection looks really good on the open faced soldiers and the movement mechanics are fluid and impressive. Here’s a video that shows it well for reference.

Killzone Shadow Fall Announce Trailer (PS4) - YouTube [/quote]

I’m a huge fan of the Killzone games. Damn, I was gonna get the new Xbox, but now I donno. [/quote]

I think that’s my main calling to a PlayStation as opposed to an Xbox, for whatever reason I tend to prefer the exclusives more. Uncharted, Killzone and to a great extent the Metal Gear series. I’m a devout fan of the Metal Gear games, I love stealth games.

I get that there’s not much of an appeal because of how difficult they can get sometimes, because the timing has to be impeccable and strategy plays a huge role, especially if it’s played on an appreciable difficulty level, action-centric games tend to take much more of a forefront because of the simplicity and don’t play so much on patience.

Had Metal Gear Solid and the like been readily available on the Xbox, I might have branched out to see all the fuss, but my budget is limited and I can’t bear to miss out on the franchise.[/quote]

Agree, PS exclusives are much beter imo. I’ve never been big on Halo for instances. Now Nintendo on the other hand. They have some great exclusives. I kind of hope the WiiU bombs and Nintendo becomes a third party developer for both Xbox and Playstation. [/quote]

This.

I have nothing against Xbox or microsoft, (other than the fact that i had 3 xbox’s break on me) but the bottom line is there was literally 1 Xbox exclusive that i missed after i stopped getting new ones. And that was Fable 2.

Every single other game for Xbox 360 that i had a desire to play was also available for PS3 or PC. However i loved PS3 exclusives.

MGS4, The Uncharted Series (especially 2 and 3) Killzone 2 and 3, Demon’s Souls, God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, the Resistance series, and soon the Last of Us…these are some of the greatest games/series of all time, and all were exclusive. Most will still be.

Didnt hurt that it came with built in wifi, built in blu ray player and free online. [/quote]
Agreed