Playstation 4 Announced

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Also video game discussions are usually in the Geek S**t threads.

Ah my apologies, I never realised, I suppose I should post about individual titles there in future.

No Killzone gameplay as of yet, just theatrics. However, it does look really, really good. Some people are saying the textures and over all design look like PS3 but with a little added polish and shine. But to me, looking at the character models, it looks like character design has come a long way from what it used to be, even in the last Killzone title. The skin and sweat reflection looks really good on the open faced soldiers and the movement mechanics are fluid and impressive. Here’s a video that shows it well for reference.

I’m a huge fan of the Killzone games. Damn, I was gonna get the new Xbox, but now I donno. [/quote]

What do you mean no Killzone gameplay? There’s over 7 minutes of gameplay. Unless im misunderstanding.

And it does look awesome, the intro sequence with the aerial view over the city is far more detailed and dynamic than anything the PS3 would ever be capable of. Lets not forget that these videos will look worse being streamed on your PC than when you actually can put it in your PS4 and blow it up onto your 60"

Another thing of note is that these are presumably launch titles we are looking at. 3 years after PS4 is released, games will look twice as good. Look at Uncharted 1 vs Uncharted 3. Thats a massive difference.

The Watch Dog demo looks great, it could probably look better but it was originally out for the current console generation. And the lighting and water effects we saw in that demo is incredible, definitely next-gen only stuff.

If that demo for Deep Down truly is real-time gameplay as implied, and the demo for Unreal Engine 4 as well, then THATS the kind of stuff we can anticipate seeing, and if that doesnt look incredible to you than nothing is going to please.

Just wait til Naughty Dog releases a new Uncharted for PS4. It will be mind-blowing.