Plateud on Stronglifts 5x5 HELP!

Hello everyone

I've plateaud on Stronglifts 5x5

Stats are as follows:
Squat ATG raw (nothing on): 80kg x 3
Deadlifts raw (nothing on): 130kg x 3
Standing Barbell Overhead Press: 55kg x 4
Bent Over Barbell Row raw (nothing on): 72.5 x 5
Incline Bench Press (incline, not flat, because my upper chest sucks ass): 62.5kg x 5

I CAN'T seem to progress any further, i.e: I've plateaud.

What I want to do is, do exactly what I have so far, except increase my calories by 10-15% AND every set of every exercise would be a dropset, with even the empty bar being lifted to failure.. What do you think? SL 5x5 has you train 3 times a week.. Thank you

You keep specifying that everything you are doing is raw and without equipment. Have you considered using equipment?

Have you deloaded?

What’s your sleep/stress like?

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
You keep specifying that everything you are doing is raw and without equipment. Have you considered using equipment?[/quote]
Yes, sir, I have considered that and I’ve done that. I’ve used wrist wraps on all five lifts, but I think it’s best not to use them.

[quote]tsantos wrote:
Have you deloaded?

What’s your sleep/stress like? [/quote]
No, sir, I haven’t deloaded. In fact, on the contrary. I’ve started increasing the volume, like I said, utilizing drop sets. Is that the opposite of what I should do?

I sleep A LOT. 9-10 hours a day… No stress at all, except being stressed about the fact I’ve hit this fucking plateau LOL

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

You keep specifying that everything you are doing is raw and without equipment. Have you considered using equipment?[/quote]
Yes, sir, I have considered that and I’ve done that. I’ve used wrist wraps on all five lifts, but I think it’s best not to use them.

[/quote]

Why?

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

Why?[/quote]
Well, because, I THINK, your forearms don’t get worked enough. srs

wraps aren’t the same as straps. And why would you use wraps on a deadlift? or straps on a squat? Not sure which one you mean (straps or wraps) but either way.

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

Well, because, I THINK, your forearms don’t get worked enough. srs
[/quote]

To clarify, is your goal here to work your forearms, or to get stronger?

If it is the latter, I believe you should use every tool available in your toolbox, to include belts, wraps, straps, sleeves, etc.

If it is the former, you should invest in some fat gripz and use them on all exercises.

Your name is GetBigs . . . how much weight have you gained?

Increasing the volume like that would be a terrible idea.

You HAVE to deload. Go to stronglifts and read what Mehdi tell you to do when you plateu. Or do a search at read it right here on T Nation.

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[quote]tsantos wrote:
Have you deloaded?

No, sir, I haven’t deloaded. In fact, on the contrary. I’ve started increasing the volume, like I said, utilizing drop sets. Is that the opposite of what I should do?[/quote]

I’d tell you to go back and read the program but you probably won’t so:

When you can’t get 5x5 on a lift 3 times in a row (ie you stall), you go back to your last successful 5x5 set and knock 10% off it. Your next session will be at that weight and you build back up from there.

For example: Say on Monday you Bench 100kg for 5x5. You move to 102.5kg and you get 4/4/3/3/1 on Friday. Then on Wednesday you get 5/5/4/2/1 and on Monday you get 5/5/5/3/1. You have failed 3 times and that is a stall.

So you go back to your successful lift (100kg), you knock 10% off (100 * 0.1 = 10kg, 100 - 10 = 90) and that is the weight you bench for 5x5 Friday session. In this example 90kg

You then build back up by 2.5kgs per session again.

Don’t stress about stalling. It’s part of the game and means you are progressing.

Now you get 3 stalls per lift. After the third stall, you deload and do 3x5 sets instead of 5x5. Same strategy.

When you stall 3 times on the 3x5, you move to 1x5.

If you find that you are no longer progressing at 2.5% per week (or you’ve stalled 3 times on 1x5, it’s time to move to Madcow or the Texas Method.

Then that’s a major piece of the puzzle in place.

If I were you, I’d restart from 10% less than the weight you failed last, even if it was a while ago as your body is probably screaming for some rest.

[quote]tsantos wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[quote]tsantos wrote:
Have you deloaded?

No, sir, I haven’t deloaded. In fact, on the contrary. I’ve started increasing the volume, like I said, utilizing drop sets. Is that the opposite of what I should do?[/quote]

I’d tell you to go back and read the program but you probably won’t so:

When you can’t get 5x5 on a lift 3 times in a row (ie you stall), you go back to your last successful 5x5 set and knock 10% off it. Your next session will be at that weight and you build back up from there.

For example: Say on Monday you Bench 100kg for 5x5. You move to 102.5kg and you get 4/4/3/3/1 on Friday. Then on Wednesday you get 5/5/4/2/1 and on Monday you get 5/5/5/3/1. You have failed 3 times and that is a stall.

So you go back to your successful lift (100kg), you knock 10% off (100 * 0.1 = 10kg, 100 - 10 = 90) and that is the weight you bench for 5x5 Friday session. In this example 90kg

You then build back up by 2.5kgs per session again.

Don’t stress about stalling. It’s part of the game and means you are progressing.

Now you get 3 stalls per lift. After the third stall, you deload and do 3x5 sets instead of 5x5. Same strategy.

When you stall 3 times on the 3x5, you move to 1x5.

If you find that you are no longer progressing at 2.5% per week (or you’ve stalled 3 times on 1x5, it’s time to move to Madcow or the Texas Method.

Then that’s a major piece of the puzzle in place.

If I were you, I’d restart from 10% less than the weight you failed last, even if it was a while ago as your body is probably screaming for some rest.[/quote]
Thank you. This is what I’ll do.

Side note: You can be on 5x5 on one movement and 3x5 on another. You don’t need to shift them all at once

[quote]GetBigs wrote:
Thank you. This is what I’ll do.[/quote]

Yay.